The Essence of Glory

Journals for customized Madden franchises.
grabursock55
MVP

Re: The Essence of Glory

Postby grabursock55 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:24 pm

good stuff man! Keep it up!
Making tpf mods and tpf mod accessories.

Sponsor

Sponsor

djp73
All-Pro

Postby djp73 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:59 am

Thank you, appreciate it. Always nice to get comments and compliments on these things!

djp73
All-Pro

Postby djp73 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:43 am

Coach Davison sighed and aggressively rubbed his forehead as he watched the tape from the loss at Allen, showing another miscue by Singleton.

“He's talented.” Coach Edison defended the sophomore. “He just ain't had the reps. Too much jitters.”

Davison grunted, running the tape back to get another look at a Singleton interception.

“SHIT!” He shouted as the play unfolded, throwing the remote against the wall where it broke into several pieces and startling the rest of the coaching staff.

“Where are we at with Kenny?”

“Should be good for Friday Coach.”

“Good. Jason.” Davison quickly turned his attention to the quarterbacks coach.

“Yeah.”

“I want Powell with the quarterbacks 100% of the time in practice from here on out. He's our backup now. Get him ready to play, god forbid.” He mocked a lazy sign of the cross as he tossed his notes on the desk and stood up.

---

“Kenny Hill back under center this week for Carroll after missing the second half of the loss to Allen last week with an ankle injury. Wearing a brace there on the left ankle but hasn't seemed to bother him much so far today with Carroll all over Midland, leading 42-0.”

---

“Another stellar week for Kenny Hill and the Southlake Carroll squad as they knock off Temple 34-0. Two convincing wins to follow up that ugly loss at Allen”

---

“Southlake Carroll with another big win here tonight as they throttle Keller Central 59-0 to ruin their homecoming game. Three big wins since the loss at Allen in week two and the Dragons are 4-1 and right in the mix. And Kenny Hill has been phenomenal since the injury.”

---

“Powell comes down with the jump ball from Hill and that will put Carroll up 48-7 over Timber Creek, Hill's fourth touchdown pass of the night already and the second to Powell, who's come on strong in the past few weeks as a receiver.”

---

“Mr. Powell!”

Cade heard the words but didn't register that they were directed at him. He kept walking toward the locker room until DeAndre nudged him and pointed behind them.

A man approached, hand extended.

“Cade Powell!”

“Yes sir.” Cade replied while shaking the man's hand. He had gotten a bit more used to these encounters over the past few weeks. He had cards from Midwestern State, West Texas A&M, Western New Mexico and several other division II, III and junior colleges.

“Jimmy Baker, Stephen F. Austin State University!” He said it so proudly Cade couldn't help but get a little excited.

“Nice to meet you sir.” He replied, finishing the handshake.

“Mr Phillips.” Jimmy nodded in DeAndre's direction and extended his hand. “Mind if I borrow Cade here for a minute?”

“I'll catch you inside.” Cade told DeAndre as he motioned toward the locker room.

The two players bumped fists as the sophomore runningback jogged off.

“You're really looking like a natural out there at receiver Cade. We've had our eye on you for a bit.”

“Thank you sir.”

“Call me Jimmy, please.”

Cade nodded.

“I know you want to go celebrate so I'll keep this short. We'd really love to have you with us over in Nacogdoches next season. You given much thought to that, next season?”

“Not much si... Jimmy.”

“Well, whether it's us or someone else you're gonna be playing at the next level. You should start thinking about it. Like I said we'd love to have you.”

Jimmy pulled out a card.

“Call me. Even if you're not interested in Stephen F. Let's talk soon Cade.”

“Thank you sir. I will.” Cade held up the card. “Have a good night.”

“You too Cade, keep it up.” Jimmy punctuated the sentence with a thumbs up as Cade turned and jogged toward the locker room.

djp73
All-Pro

Postby djp73 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:49 am

djp73
All-Pro

Postby djp73 » Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:03 am

CADE POWELL TAKES ON A MIDLAND DEFENDER AND WINS

CADE POWELL STRETCHES FOR THE ENDZONE IN A WIN OVER TEMPLE

djp73
All-Pro

Postby djp73 » Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:54 pm

“So coming off their huge 63-7 win over Richland this Southlake Carroll team is already on top 21-0 against Northwest and Hill and the rest of this offensive unit is looking to extend that lead here before halftime.”

“Hill hands it off to Reggie Franklin and he picks up six yards.”

“DeAndre Phillips on the sweep left and he's got some space, shoved out of bounds at the Northwest 37 yard line after a gain of 12 yards with just under a minute to go before the break.”

“Hill in the shotgun with Phillips next to him. Hill takes the snap and it's an option, Hill keeps and gets the edge. OH and Hill was just absolutely blown up there on a big hit by Northside's Douglas and gets tangled up with another player there. Hill grabbing at that right knee and that's not looking too good there.”

---

“So after the Hill injury Grant Singleton comes in and hands it off three times and Ty Cummings hits the 32 yard field goal to make it 24-0 at the break. We'll get you info on Kenny Hill as soon as we get it.”

---

Cade noticed that the coaching staff was taking an abnormally long time joining him in the locker room, he assumed they were trying to get information on Kenny's injury.

Just then Coach Davison burst through the swinging doors.

“Powell, with me!” He shouted, first pointing to Cade then to his office.

“I'll make this quick,” he exclaimed, out of breath and red faced. “Kenny's out. You're in. Singleton's got more time in the system and he knows this offense but we feel like you're the better player. Prove us right.”

“Yes coach.” Cade replied, feigning confidence.

“You good?” Coach asked.

“Yes.”

“Let's go.”

Cade tried to focus as the coaching staff threw a pile of information at him.

“Just relax, we'll keep it simple. Protect the ball. Make good decisions and we'll lean on the defense. We've got a good lead, we just need to protect it and we're good.” Coach Eliason explained.

Cade nodded.

“You've been here before. This is easy. It's just football Cade. You got this. Alright?”

Cade nodded as Coach Eliason patted him on the back then gave him a push out of the locker room.

---

“So it's senior Cade Powell under center here for Southlake Carroll after the punt by Northside. He takes the snap and hands off to DeAndre Phillips for a gain of seven up the middle.”

“Phillips runs again for five.”

“Powell keeps on the option and runs for a gain of eight.”

“Powell connects with Coby Watters on the slant for a gain of eleven yards.”

“Franklin carries for a gain of two.”

“Franklin on the toss and he'll get outside, gets a block and he's in for six. Cummings kits the point after and Southlake Carrol is up 31-0 here as we're about halfway through the third quarter.”

“Ray Crockett with the pick off the tipped pass and nobody's going to catch him, 38-0 Southlake after the kick.”

“Powell keeps and runs right up the middle for 12 yards.”

“Powell to Crockett on the out for a gain of 12 and Powell's completed all four of his passes so far.”

“Franklin for a gain of six.”

“Phillips runs for four yards and another first down.”

“Powell keeps on another read option and picks up three yards.”

“Powell on the quick out to Watters and he picks up thirteen before he's dragged down at the four yard line.”

“Phillips on the counter and he's into the endzone for six.”

“Cummings kick is good again and Carroll goes up 45-0.”

---

“That's a hell of a game Cade. That's exactly what we needed, smart plays, nothing risky. Picking up yardage and setting us up to score. No turnovers, no incompletions. Great job.”

Cade nodded as a few teammates slapped him on the shoulder pads or helmet.

“That's a big win for us.” Coach Davison continued.

“We've got three games left and I'm sure you're all wondering about Kenny. The answer is we don't know yet but it doesn't look good. What I can tell you is we're not about to let ourselves use that as an excuse for anything short of another state championship!”

Davison pumped his fist to drive his point home.

“We've got a lot of talent in this locker room and we're going to need all of you to step up a bit. Each and every one of you. If we all do that, if we all hold ourselves and our brothers accountable we're going to go far.”

Scattered cheers and applause from the team was offered as a reply.

“Coaches? Anything else?”

Most shook their head but Coach Eliason spoke.

“Let's just block out the bull**** that's coming and keep winning.”

djp73
All-Pro

Postby djp73 » Mon Aug 05, 2019 4:01 pm

CADE POWELL CELEBRATES WITH FANS AFTER A BIG WIN OVER RICHLAND

POWELL THROWS AND COMPLETES HIS FIRST PASS FOR CARROLL AFTER REPLACING AN INJURED KENNY HILL IN A WIN OVER NORTHSIDE

POWELL CELEBRATES A RUSHING TOUCHDOWN BY DEANDRE PHILLIPS IN CARROLL'S WIN OVER NORTHSIDE

POWELL RUNS FOR A FIRST DOWN AGAINST NORTHSIDE

djp73
All-Pro

Postby djp73 » Tue Aug 06, 2019 12:48 pm

Cade was headed for his car, a spring in his step after having played well and helping the team win the game.

“Cade! Cade Powell!”

Cade turned to see a tall dark man in a green shirt approaching him with a smile and an extended hand.

“Hey Cade, great job out there tonight, nice versatility on display. Charlie Eskilson, Tulane.” The man shook Cade's hand vigorously.

“Nice to meet you.” Cade replied, wondering if this man was going to take his arm off.

“Cade let me get right to the point. We like you at Tulane. We've seen some stuff from the past two seasons and so far this year and we like it. Tell me Cade, what position do you see yourself as.”

“Well it depends...” He was cut off.

“Ideal situation, your choice. What position?”

“Quarterback.”

“You like playing receiver?”

“It's fine. I just like playing. Competing.”

“Well we think you can play quarterback at Tulane. Here's my card. Let me know what you think.”

djp73
All-Pro

Postby djp73 » Tue Aug 06, 2019 1:20 pm

grabursock55
MVP

Postby grabursock55 » Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:15 pm

djp73 wrote:

Boy, If things dont change, I would say play at Sam Houston St and compete for an FCS natty
Making tpf mods and tpf mod accessories.

Return to “Madden Journals”