New & Improved 04 Uniforms

Said by some PC'ers to be the best version.
Leeman67
MVP

Re: New & Improved 04 Uniforms

Postby Leeman67 » Wed Oct 21, 2015 8:51 pm

kkende112233 wrote:awesome thanks man sorry to be a bother but can u also find a way to get in the eagles all blacks? I noticed the black one is just black jersey white pants. they wear the all blacks at least once a year (they did last night). and the cardinals one i was talking about is the black jersey red pants (rather then black jersey and white pants) if possible. also - can you make a tutorial on how to make the uniforms? I like to do create a team sometimes and make a unique franchise but the in-game uniform options are extremely lack luster. I'd love to make my own on photoshop (or whatever you use to make these). thankyou so so much

Sorry man. No more room in the PLADATA file for anymore alternates. You can create these yourself, however, and replace any of those slots using the uniforms mapping file as a guide. In terms of creating a tutorial, I would simply refer you to elguapo's post on the subject a while back. http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=17363 This explains how to convert uniforms from 08 back to 04.

For a more bare-bones tutorial on creating/editing uniforms (aside from using Texmod, of course), I would refer to any number of posts under the Customization/Graphics thread. NICK, elguapo and others have covered this before, and are much better at explaining it all than I am. Hope that helps!

Sponsor

Sponsor

Leeman67
MVP

Postby Leeman67 » Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:11 pm

New update posted at the top. Just some minor fixes, plus added the Cards' black alternate jersey. The big update is on the roster file itself, and going forward I will post updates to that in a separate thread. Still working through the player ratings, but more importantly for this update, I was able to add numerous historic stadiums and now have most of the historic teams now assigned to their correct stadium (big thanks to elguapo for his help on this!). It's not perfect, as most of these are vague representations of the actual stadiums, but using the existing models and quite a few custom designs, I think it works! :) Just be sure to download the most recent stadiums update from elguapo.

Feedback is always welcome!

Madden04Paul
Veteran

Postby Madden04Paul » Thu Oct 29, 2015 5:34 am

Hi Leeman67,

Thanks for these updates, The Chargers Shoulder Lighting Bolt looks Funky so I tried editing thier uniform by lowering the shoulders a bit and this is what I get.
Attachments
screen0101.JPG
screen0101.JPG (289.39 KiB) Viewed 3784 times

Madden04Paul
Veteran

Postby Madden04Paul » Thu Oct 29, 2015 5:37 am

But as you zoom in, the lightning bolts get a ghost effect. Any chance of fixing them, I'll keep trying though, along with trying to edit stadiums team banners and etc but not coming along well :(
Attachments
screen0102.JPG
screen0102.JPG (274.87 KiB) Viewed 3784 times

Leeman67
MVP

Postby Leeman67 » Fri Oct 30, 2015 4:25 pm

Madden04Paul wrote:But as you zoom in, the lightning bolts get a ghost effect. Any chance of fixing them, I'll keep trying though, along with trying to edit stadiums team banners and etc but not coming along well :(

yeah, I really haven't gotten around to trying to fix those graphical issues that will come up because of the differences in the player models from 08 back to 04. That is going to be an issue on some of the uniforms, mainly on the sleeve stripes as you pointed out one of the more glaring examples (there are many others). I'm sure I'll eventually get around to it, but if you can try and fix some of these before then, have at it. Not sure what is causing that "ghost effect" but I can see what you mean.

Re: stadiums, the key there is to use MUER (vs. DEX) to replace images and palettes, and as I've mentioned before that program doesn't work well on my pc. Perhaps you're running into the same issues I did?

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Postby elguapo » Fri Oct 30, 2015 5:44 pm

Leeman67 wrote:Re: stadiums, the key there is to use MUER (vs. DEX) to replace images and palettes, and as I've mentioned before that program doesn't work well on my pc. Perhaps you're running into the same issues I did?

Using DEX is the best option for editing uniforms and stadiums with images that are 256 (8bit) color. MUER works best when you want to edit 16 (4bit) images. DEX doesn't support 16 color images so that is why you need to use MUER to edit the 16 color images.

Leeman67
MVP

Postby Leeman67 » Sat Oct 31, 2015 10:30 am

elguapo wrote:
Leeman67 wrote:Re: stadiums, the key there is to use MUER (vs. DEX) to replace images and palettes, and as I've mentioned before that program doesn't work well on my pc. Perhaps you're running into the same issues I did?

Using DEX is the best option for editing uniforms and stadiums with images that are 256 (8bit) color. MUER works best when you want to edit 16 (4bit) images. DEX doesn't support 16 color images so that is why you need to use MUER to edit the 16 color images.

Thanks for that clarification, elguapo!

Leeman67
MVP

Postby Leeman67 » Sat Oct 31, 2015 1:37 pm

Posting some updated screenshots here. Will try to upload some more later...

1957 Lions vs 49ers playoff game

1958 NFL Championship

1960 NFL Championship

1962 AFL Championship

1963 NFL Championship

1966 NFL Championship

1967 NFL Championship (the "Ice Bowl")

hsaIV
Pro Bowl

Postby hsaIV » Sun Nov 01, 2015 2:00 am

Leeman67 wrote:Note: elguapo was kind enough to add the following stadiums to the Muscle Mike roster file I posted: Veterans Stadium, Mile High Stadium, UofI Champaign/Urbana, and Fawcett Stadium. What I would like to do is edit Veterans Stadium to make it more "generic" so that it can also act as a stand-in for old Riverfront, Busch, 3 Rivers, Atlanta-Fulton County and RFK Stadiums. However, I might need help with that as well, as I'm struggling with how to pull that off, along with importing the Nike uniforms. More updates to come (hopefully)...

Can you repost the roster file the link is dead...

Leeman67
MVP

Postby Leeman67 » Sun Nov 01, 2015 8:59 am

hsaIV wrote:Can you repost the roster file the link is dead...

are you referring to the link at the top of the thread? I just checked it and it is working. That zip file should include the latest roster file that I uploaded for the uniforms files. Let me know if i'm missing something. I did notice a small error in the DB_Templates file that affects the 85 & 88 Bears uniform, so that's something i'll post an update on sometime this week.

Return to “Madden 2004 PC”