Madden 2004 from ground zero, need clarification

Said by some PC'ers to be the best version.
Billy28804
Rookie

Postby Billy28804 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:04 am

I installed the game with Windows 10 and it would not run. Even changing the compatibility; I tried them all. Finally, someone mentioned a crack or no disc file. Found 2 versions 1.0 and 4.1. What is the difference? I figured I had version 1.0 staraight from the disc and I never added a patch. (Do I need a patch?)(4.1?) So, I deleted the Mainapp file and added the new one after unzipping it; having to block a multitude of ads to install junk programs. I chose Windows 7 compatibility and now I am in business. Tried to add Muscle-Mikes historic rosters, but nowhere to put them. I forgot to save a game or franchise. I did and still no roster file to put in. I finally found out it is under documents/Madden 2004 and not in the program itself. I added the ROS file and now it works. Now the problem is no helmets. I now add the DAT files where? I put the folder in documents/Madden 2004. Doesn't work. I put file in documents/Madden 2004/custom art, and that doesn't work. I then select all the DAT files as a group and add them to the Custom Art folder and it works. Is this the way to do it? I have read now where I need to put Leeman's 2 files in documents/Madden 2004. I added the 67ROS file to rosters, but can not use them until I put Elguapo's stadium file into documents/Madden 2004 where Leeman's are?

Part 2:
I can not switch sides during a game. Any options? On the PS2 I switch sides to be the offense for both teams.

Update:

Concluded that the 4.1 No CD download is the Patch and includes the No CD needed update.
Titled "mainapp"
Now the uniforms get dirty and with shadows, among other things.

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to “Madden 2004 PC”