NFL Head Coach 06 modding

Next PC release. Will it happen? When? Wish list?
BuckCity
Veteran

Postby BuckCity » Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:39 pm

How come no one makes tutorials for modding NFL Head Coach 06? Imagine how great that game would be if we modded the graphics, fields, and your coaches offices. We probably could mod other stuff too. I'm new to the forums and was hoped there were mods for this game like there is for madden 08. Also, is the gameplay of madden 08 better than madden 18? I like madden 18 its just that all my favorite players retired years ago so theres no attachment to play a franchise anymore especially since they took the legends out of CFM.

Sponsor

Sponsor

RevanFan
Legend

Re: NFL Head Coach 06 modding

Postby RevanFan » Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:53 pm

BuckCity wrote:How come no one makes tutorials for modding NFL Head Coach 06? Imagine how great that game would be if we modded the graphics, fields, and your coaches offices. We probably could mod other stuff too. I'm new to the forums and was hoped there were mods for this game like there is for madden 08. Also, is the gameplay of madden 08 better than madden 18? I like madden 18 its just that all my favorite players retired years ago so theres no attachment to play a franchise anymore especially since they took the legends out of CFM.

There is one tutorial somewhere on this forum regarding updating the rosters of Head Coach, but as far as I am aware, no other modding has been done for it. If you want to try it yourself, please tell us your results.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

ThePurplePeopleEater
MVP

Postby ThePurplePeopleEater » Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:29 am

RevanFan wrote:
BuckCity wrote:How come no one makes tutorials for modding NFL Head Coach 06? Imagine how great that game would be if we modded the graphics, fields, and your coaches offices. We probably could mod other stuff too. I'm new to the forums and was hoped there were mods for this game like there is for madden 08. Also, is the gameplay of madden 08 better than madden 18? I like madden 18 its just that all my favorite players retired years ago so theres no attachment to play a franchise anymore especially since they took the legends out of CFM.

There is one tutorial somewhere on this forum regarding updating the rosters of Head Coach, but as far as I am aware, no other modding has been done for it. If you want to try it yourself, please tell us your results.

I tried placing the stadiums.dat from the FF mod in the game, all it did was crash. Same with uniforms.dat. However I have made a personal mod for HC06 that updates some Vikings material.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:36 am

ThePurplePeopleEater wrote:
RevanFan wrote:

I tried placing the stadiums.dat from the FF mod in the game, all it did was crash. Same with uniforms.dat. However I have made a personal mod for HC06 that updates some Vikings material.

I imagine that would be because you didn't also update the UNIF, TUNI, CITY, TEAM, and STAD tables of the roster/DB_TEMPLATES file.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

rogerjinx
Hall of Fame

Postby rogerjinx » Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:20 pm

I will try to mod this one. I just installed it a while ago.

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Postby elguapo » Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:24 am

EA rearranges files around so that you just can't drop an 08 dat file into an 06 game and pretty much upgrade it. You can take the portrait files for example. If you try to use one portrait file in another game there cartoon faces over the portraits.

You may use Madden 06 files NFL head coach but I doubt it would work so editing the dat files works the same way as in Madden 08. Maybe even Texmod may work on NFL head Coach.

ThePurplePeopleEater
MVP

Postby ThePurplePeopleEater » Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:44 am

elguapo wrote:EA rearranges files around so that you just can't drop an 08 dat file into an 06 game and pretty much upgrade it. You can take the portrait files for example. If you try to use one portrait file in another game there cartoon faces over the portraits.

You may use Madden 06 files NFL head coach but I doubt it would work so editing the dat files works the same way as in Madden 08. Maybe even Texmod may work on NFL head Coach.

Can confirm, Texmod does work with HC06.

rogerjinx
Hall of Fame

Postby rogerjinx » Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:51 am

I have modified the roster to match the current Jinxroster v10.0. FF Mods uniform is working but we need to reassign the value. Will do this once I finish my 2017 HD portrait project.

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Postby elguapo » Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:04 am

ThePurplePeopleEater wrote:
elguapo wrote:EA rearranges files around so that you just can't drop an 08 dat file into an 06 game and pretty much upgrade it. You can take the portrait files for example. If you try to use one portrait file in another game there cartoon faces over the portraits.

Can confirm, Texmod does work with HC06.

Good deal.

coachcbjii
Rookie

Postby coachcbjii » Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:38 pm

Did anyone ever end up completing a Head Coach 06 mod? If so can you please post the steps taken and possibly some photos. Thank you in advance

Return to “Other Madden PC”