pressing certain button causes game to crash

Madden crashing, franchise corrupt, games won't sim? Get help here.
kkende112233
All-Pro

Postby kkende112233 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:13 pm

Im playing on a ps3 controller and I've yet to get through the first quarter of a game because whenever I press R2 on defense to view the play art theres a small chance the game crashes. I dont know what causes it, it happens randomly but its always a time when Im pressing R2 on defense. has anyone else had this issue? whats the best way to fix this? its an important button so I cant just not press it. thanks

Sponsor

Sponsor

trey31
Hall of Fame

Re: pressing certain button causes game to crash

Postby trey31 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:45 pm

kkende112233 wrote:Im playing on a ps3 controller and I've yet to get through the first quarter of a game because whenever I press R2 on defense to view the play art theres a small chance the game crashes. I dont know what causes it, it happens randomly but its always a time when Im pressing R2 on defense. has anyone else had this issue? whats the best way to fix this? its an important button so I cant just not press it. thanks

Mine does this too, but I think only when I use custom defensive book and custom assignments.
My M08 mod work is all open-source to anyone who wants to use it in any way, no restrictions or permissions necessary.

kkende112233
All-Pro

Postby kkende112233 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:13 pm

trey31 wrote:
kkende112233 wrote:Im playing on a ps3 controller and I've yet to get through the first quarter of a game because whenever I press R2 on defense to view the play art theres a small chance the game crashes. I dont know what causes it, it happens randomly but its always a time when Im pressing R2 on defense. has anyone else had this issue? whats the best way to fix this? its an important button so I cant just not press it. thanks

Mine does this too, but I think only when I use custom defensive book and custom assignments.

I'm just using the default playbooks and assignments

trey31
Hall of Fame

Postby trey31 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:20 pm

kkende112233 wrote:
trey31 wrote:

I've usually run into the issue playing with the Bears, since I use them for most of my testing.

Outside of that, no idea what causes it? But I do have the same issue.
My M08 mod work is all open-source to anyone who wants to use it in any way, no restrictions or permissions necessary.

rambolz
All-Pro

Postby rambolz » Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:38 am

trey31 wrote:
kkende112233 wrote:
trey31 wrote:Mine does this too, but I think only when I use custom defensive book and custom assignments.

I've usually run into the issue playing with the Bears, since I use them for most of my testing.

Outside of that, no idea what causes it? But I do have the same issue.

Same here, the game just randomly crashes when looking at the defensive play. I've had the issue with stock playbooks as well as custom ones.

calhoupe
All-Pro

Postby calhoupe » Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:29 pm

This is a bug with the 1709 Windows 10 Update. You have to use Calhoupe's Madden scripts 1.68 and up to fix this.

trey31
Hall of Fame

Postby trey31 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:38 pm

calhoupe wrote:This is a bug with the 1709 Windows 10 Update. You have to use Calhoupe's Madden scripts 1.68 and up to fix this.

I'm on 1607 still from 2016... (ShutUp10 is awesome)

Compatible with 1.68?

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:38 pm

trey31 wrote:
calhoupe wrote:This is a bug with the 1709 Windows 10 Update. You have to use Calhoupe's Madden scripts 1.68 and up to fix this.

I'm on 1607 still from 2016... (ShutUp10 is awesome)

Compatible with 1.68?

I'm using it on 1703 just fine.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

JPMoneyman
All-Pro

Postby JPMoneyman » Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:21 am

Happens with Xbox 360 controller too. At the moment it seems to happen for me if I press the playart button when the Offense is running up to the line after breaking the huddle just after the playcall selection cuts to the game. I PMed Calhoupe cause I was using his scripts (have to-only way to play it on my CPU!) so maybe he might have an idea sooner or later hopefully. I will have another go again to see if it happens once the players are at the line for a bit. Is it a specific defensive formation? I noticed it happens when I use nickel normal formations so far. Someone said it was on zone plays but I ran a man coverage with both linebackers blitzing and it did it then so I don't think its limited to zone plays.

SunFlash
Rookie

Postby SunFlash » Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:11 am

I've been having this issue, but after running it by Cal and giving him a troubleshooting report, he doesn't think it's his scripts.

Return to “Troubleshooting”