Basic Troubleshooting Checklist (Madden NFL 08)

Madden crashing, franchise corrupt, games won't sim? Get help here.
mpantani
Rookie

Re: Basic Troubleshooting Checklist (Madden NFL 08)

Postby mpantani » Sun Oct 20, 2019 4:59 pm

RevanFan wrote:
mpantani wrote:
RevanFan wrote:Did you follow this checklist?

Yes i did

Well, then you need to provide much more information. What teams are causing the issue? What roster are you using? Does the crash happen at any other time, or only when a player hurdles? Have you made any edits to the roster you're using? Are you using calhoupe's scripts? If you are, what scripts are enabled?

1- all custom rosters
2- yes only in hurdle
3- no i did not edit the rosters
4- crash with and without calhoupe's scripts

Sponsor

Sponsor

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:33 pm

mpantani wrote:
RevanFan wrote:
mpantani wrote:
Yes i did

Well, then you need to provide much more information. What teams are causing the issue? What roster are you using? Does the crash happen at any other time, or only when a player hurdles? Have you made any edits to the roster you're using? Are you using calhoupe's scripts? If you are, what scripts are enabled?

1- all custom rosters
2- yes only in hurdle

1. I meant specifically what roster are you using? Is it one downloaded from here? One you made yourself?

As for the crashing only in hurdles, I can say I've never seen that in my life. If you can't figure it out soon, upload your file and I'll have a look at it.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

rambolz
All-Pro

Postby rambolz » Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:09 am

mpantani wrote:
RevanFan wrote:
mpantani wrote:
Yes i did

1- all custom rosters
2- yes only in hurdle

I have to ask after reading this conversation: crashing during huddles or indeed crashing when a player hurdles?

I've never seen a crash with hurdles, but I've seen crashes in huddles. If it's in the huddle, check the depth chart and formation subs for the teams involved.

mpantani
Rookie

Postby mpantani » Mon Oct 21, 2019 1:06 pm

rambolz wrote:
mpantani wrote:
RevanFan wrote:Well, then you need to provide much more information. What teams are causing the issue? What roster are you using? Does the crash happen at any other time, or only when a player hurdles? Have you made any edits to the roster you're using? Are you using calhoupe's scripts? If you are, what scripts are enabled?

1- all custom rosters
2- yes only in hurdle

I have to ask after reading this conversation: crashing during huddles or indeed crashing when a player hurdles?

I've never seen a crash with hurdles, but I've seen crashes in huddles. If it's in the huddle, check the depth chart and formation subs for the teams involved.

Yes it is a crash in the huddle (sorry for the mistake) , what kind of error should i find in depth chart and formation subs ?

mpantani
Rookie

Postby mpantani » Mon Oct 21, 2019 1:31 pm

RevanFan wrote:
mpantani wrote:
RevanFan wrote:Well, then you need to provide much more information. What teams are causing the issue? What roster are you using? Does the crash happen at any other time, or only when a player hurdles? Have you made any edits to the roster you're using? Are you using calhoupe's scripts? If you are, what scripts are enabled?

1- all custom rosters
2- yes only in hurdle

1. I meant specifically what roster are you using? Is it one downloaded from here? One you made yourself?

As for the crashing only in hurdles, I can say I've never seen that in my life. If you can't figure it out soon, upload your file and I'll have a look at it.

I'm using the FF XVIII mod

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Mon Oct 21, 2019 4:31 pm

mpantani wrote:
RevanFan wrote:
mpantani wrote:
1- all custom rosters
2- yes only in hurdle

I'm using the FF XVIII mod

First thing I'd recommend doing is updating to the current FF/FI Mod. Do that and see if the issues persist.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

rambolz
All-Pro

Postby rambolz » Mon Oct 21, 2019 4:36 pm

mpantani wrote:
rambolz wrote:
mpantani wrote:
1- all custom rosters
2- yes only in hurdle

Yes it is a crash in the huddle (sorry for the mistake) , what kind of error should i find in depth chart and formation subs ?

Just reordering the depth chart and resetting formation subs for both teams should fix most issues if something's wrong in there. But if you've been through the checklist you've probably done those already. I had a similar issue once and reordering everything fixed it for me, so I don't know what else to do. Hope you get it fixed!

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:30 pm

Is it crashing in the huddle when:
a) you call a specific play or
b) on a specific down or
c) a specific playbook used or
d) a specific formation or sub package selected?

mpantani
Rookie

Postby mpantani » Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:28 am

rambolz wrote:
mpantani wrote:
rambolz wrote:I have to ask after reading this conversation: crashing during huddles or indeed crashing when a player hurdles?

Just reordering the depth chart and resetting formation subs for both teams should fix most issues if something's wrong in there. But if you've been through the checklist you've probably done those already. I had a similar issue once and reordering everything fixed it for me, so I don't know what else to do. Hope you get it fixed!

It seems like a processor problem, i finally managed to play a couple of games without a single crash. Here what i did:

1- Launch Madden 08
2- Alt+Tab
3- Open task manager
4- In processes right click on mainapp.exe
5- Set affinity
6- Uncheck everything except UC 0
7- Return to the game

KSIhasbirddog
Rookie

Postby KSIhasbirddog » Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:45 pm

I just installed Madden 08. Every time I go to create a team and select Uniform, the game crashes. I have no updates installed.

I installed Madden 08 using PowerIso. This had no problems; however, I use a mainapp outside of the iso file to start up the game.

Return to “Troubleshooting”