Basic Troubleshooting Checklist (Madden NFL 08)

Madden crashing, franchise corrupt, games won't sim? Get help here.
moonbax
MVP

Re: Basic checklist for roster crashes or anomalies

Postby moonbax » Wed Aug 17, 2016 10:29 am

Eddy13 wrote:My Madden 08 crashes if I select any uniform other the a default uniform. The only mods I have attached are updated stadium, player portraits, coach portraits and the latest Jinxs roster. Any ideas?

Mine crashes with the Browns and 49ers uniform menu.

Sponsor

Sponsor

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Wed Aug 17, 2016 5:32 pm

moonbax wrote:
Eddy13 wrote:My Madden 08 crashes if I select any uniform other the a default uniform. The only mods I have attached are updated stadium, player portraits, coach portraits and the latest Jinxs roster. Any ideas?

Mine crashes with the Browns and 49ers uniform menu.

In order to use rogerjinx's roster, you need to have the FF/FI XV mod installed. It uses the mod's uniforms.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

Rookie

Postby 5552515 » Sun Jan 22, 2017 3:36 am

Hi I had a question.

So I'm using the 1986 roster for my franchise and whenever I advance to Free Agency, the game crashes.

It crashes if I import the 1987 draft class via MRE and won't crash if I don't import the draft class.

Any idea what I can do to fix it?

Thanks!

truetothegame13
MVP

Postby truetothegame13 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:08 am

injury list can cause freezing. in particular, i imported 32 custom teams, deleted many original players, did a lot of roster editing through spreedsheet, even tested the rosters out quite a bit in the mean time, but somewhere in the mix several new injuries spawned (i wasnt even in franchise or anything). the list had many original players and custom player ids. once i cleared all of the injuries, the freezing went away. it usually froze at the loading screen right before going in-game. the loading bar wouldnt load, instead it would just freeze.
My Corner (my threads): Includes tips for graphics, settings, screen resolution, sliders. Great roster resources from multi-platforms (converting/porting). 4GB patch for 64-bit processors.

RevanFan
Legend

Re: Basic Troubleshooting Checklist

Postby RevanFan » Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:45 pm

I've rewritten this post to include more troubleshooting techniques, as well as to provide some more information and a few links. It was rewritten with the permission of the site owner.
My Cowboys Journal

mas1978
Rookie

Postby mas1978 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:43 am

Hi you all, i have the same problem, i finished my 2nd season, and i saved before the all star game, than i go on, sign coaches, i do something new on my stadium, i go to retired players,, then i re-sign my free agents and then the game closes, crashes.It crashes when i click on free agency.I' ve already eliminated many free agents till number 449, but the game continues to freeze, sorry but as a fan of this site this is the first time i have all these problems with the game. I did all the check list, but how is it possible to fill all the positions for every team? I took control of everyteam, but obviously every team has holes in the rosters,it's normal, it's the offseason. is it up to me to fill all the rosters? doing this way i'm choosing players for my opponents.....,i don't understand the point 3 of the checklist, boh
One thing, i use the Falcons, but i had to choose the Cowboys stadium as my home stadium because with the real falcons stadium it crashed in the 1st match of the first season.... i've installed everything correctly.
waiting for your help, thank you

unfriendlyghst
Rookie

Postby unfriendlyghst » Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:44 pm

Hey guys,

I posted this in another thread but want to check here if anyone can help me with my crash.

I love this game and had it fully modded out with all kinds of stuff, however, I recently decided just to scrap it all and go clean install so that I can play the base game for Superstar and a 08 franchise. Ive got it up and running and have a goodtime doing the drills for my superstar QB and getting drafted by my favorite team.

But once I get to the first preseason game, I can play all day as long as there is no penalties. But as soon as the first flag is thrown, game crashes.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:01 pm

unfriendlyghst wrote:Hey guys,

I posted this in another thread but want to check here if anyone can help me with my crash.

I love this game and had it fully modded out with all kinds of stuff, however, I recently decided just to scrap it all and go clean install so that I can play the base game for Superstar and a 08 franchise. Ive got it up and running and have a goodtime doing the drills for my superstar QB and getting drafted by my favorite team.

But once I get to the first preseason game, I can play all day as long as there is no penalties. But as soon as the first flag is thrown, game crashes.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

I've never once heard of that issue. You're certain you're not running any modded files, nor calhoupe's scripts? What about any custom rosters? What is your operating system? We may also need your system specs. You can find those by running this program.

https://www.piriform.com/speccy/download/portable
My Cowboys Journal

unfriendlyghst
Rookie

Postby unfriendlyghst » Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:59 am

Hey Rev,

Thanks for the response and I was afraid you would say that you have never heard of this issue before.

I have the digital download version from amazon, running on windows 10 in "windows vista sp3" compatibility mode. When I redid everything, I uninstalled the game and deleted my madden 08 folder from my documents. All of my madden mods I have in a separate folder on the desktop, just so that I would not have to re download them if I want to go nuts with them later. I then re downloaded madden 08 digitally from amazon again and installed it in the default location.

What maybe an issue is that there still may be some mods in there, but I have not put them in this time. The reason I say that is because on my drive summaries it still says "presented by snickers" or "under armor" and I don't think those sponsors were in the original game. Because I have not added any mods, and believe me I was having several issues just getting it started and had to re download and install the game quite a few times to get it to even run properly, how can some of these presentation elements still be in there?

Do you have any suggestions on how I can completely remove everything and just start fresh? Is there some file locations that remain outside of the madden game folder and the madden documents folder that I am missing and need to delete in order to start fresh?

Again, my main goal is to just run the base game for a Superstar play thru and a fresh 08 franchise that I can build a team of future stars, since I'll know who all the studs are going forward from the 07 season.

Thanks again

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:26 pm

unfriendlyghst wrote:Hey Rev,

Thanks for the response and I was afraid you would say that you have never heard of this issue before.

I have the digital download version from amazon, running on windows 10 in "windows vista sp3" compatibility mode. When I redid everything, I uninstalled the game and deleted my madden 08 folder from my documents. All of my madden mods I have in a separate folder on the desktop, just so that I would not have to re download them if I want to go nuts with them later. I then re downloaded madden 08 digitally from amazon again and installed it in the default location.

What maybe an issue is that there still may be some mods in there, but I have not put them in this time. The reason I say that is because on my drive summaries it still says "presented by snickers" or "under armor" and I don't think those sponsors were in the original game. Because I have not added any mods, and believe me I was having several issues just getting it started and had to re download and install the game quite a few times to get it to even run properly, how can some of these presentation elements still be in there?

Do you have any suggestions on how I can completely remove everything and just start fresh? Is there some file locations that remain outside of the madden game folder and the madden documents folder that I am missing and need to delete in order to start fresh?

Again, my main goal is to just run the base game for a Superstar play thru and a fresh 08 franchise that I can build a team of future stars, since I'll know who all the studs are going forward from the 07 season.

Thanks again

The only location that has the sponsors from the mod is Documents\Madden NFL 08\. I'd recommend deleting that entire folder, and having it recreated by saving a roster in-game. Then I'd update to the 4.0 patch. After that, you should be fully vanilla. If it's still crashing with nothing in Documents\Madden NFL 08 and only default files in Program Files (x86)\EA Sports\Madden NFL 08\, then it's not the game, and we have to look at potential issues with your system, whether it be software or hardware.
My Cowboys Journal

Return to “Troubleshooting”