Attn: W10/8.1/7/XP Users with issues running madden08 update revision 04-2020

Madden crashing, franchise corrupt, games won't sim? Get help here.
pagjame
All-Pro

Re: Attn: W10/8.1/7/XP Users with issues running madden08 update revision 10-2017

Postby pagjame » Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:30 pm

Hi all just recently did a Windows 10 upgrade kept all falls but wow the in game play is awful now... I had all the files from the original post to make things work on old windows 7. I updated direct x files, video card drivers, and followed nearly all directions except downloading the game boost 3.4 as of now. Just not sure why it’s so stuttery and slow during actual games. Every other aspect of the game, with exception to different issues, run fine.

Anyone got some ideas?

Re: Attn: W10/8.1/7/XP Users with issues running madden08 update revision 10-2017

Sponsor

Sponsor

ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Postby ultimatum77 » Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:33 pm

pagjame wrote:Hi all just recently did a Windows 10 upgrade kept all falls but wow the in game play is awful now... I had all the files from the original post to make things work on old windows 7. I updated direct x files, video card drivers, and followed nearly all directions except downloading the game boost 3.4 as of now. Just not sure why it’s so stuttery and slow during actual games. Every other aspect of the game, with exception to different issues, run fine.

Anyone got some ideas?

Did you try updating the .netframeworks? Direct X uses these files to process and give smoother game play. Also it depends on your hardware you may have to play with the resolution and level of detail in the game's graphics menu and turn it down to a lower level. I've found even on my new hardware the gameplay is super fast if you turn down the resolution to 800x600 and then use your video software (in my case AMD) to allow Windows to stretch the game over your display. Just some ideas.....feel free to try them out. Idk if it will solve your problem or not. Also, I recommend doing a complete clean windows 10 install instead of upgrading. I find upgrading keeps unnecessary files and also was always slower in using games. Probably because the registry and files on your hard drive gets shuffled around and makes games fragmented. Try a system defrag on your hard drive and it may help as well. Best of luck!
For help running madden please consult my guide and posts from fellow users here....thanks! (link below) viewtopic.php?f=22&t=17907
I'm not on site much, so if I don't respond it's b/c I haven't checked in a while.

pagjame
All-Pro

Postby pagjame » Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:24 pm

ultimatum77 wrote:
pagjame wrote:Hi all just recently did a Windows 10 upgrade kept all falls but wow the in game play is awful now... I had all the files from the original post to make things work on old windows 7. I updated direct x files, video card drivers, and followed nearly all directions except downloading the game boost 3.4 as of now. Just not sure why it’s so stuttery and slow during actual games. Every other aspect of the game, with exception to different issues, run fine.

Anyone got some ideas?

Did you try updating the .netframeworks? Direct X uses these files to process and give smoother game play. Also it depends on your hardware you may have to play with the resolution and level of detail in the game's graphics menu and turn it down to a lower level. I've found even on my new hardware the gameplay is super fast if you turn down the resolution to 800x600 and then use your video software (in my case AMD) to allow Windows to stretch the game over your display. Just some ideas.....feel free to try them out. Idk if it will solve your problem or not. Also, I recommend doing a complete clean windows 10 install instead of upgrading. I find upgrading keeps unnecessary files and also was always slower in using games. Probably because the registry and files on your hard drive gets shuffled around and makes games fragmented. Try a system defrag on your hard drive and it may help as well. Best of luck!

Thanks I’ll try the netframeworks. I know I put them on a previous lap top but not sure if I put them on this pc as it was already a win 7 x64. But have tried all resolution stuff to the point where it looked like tecmo Super Bowl!! And still was just real stuttery and slow.

pagjame
All-Pro

Postby pagjame » Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:25 pm

ultimatum77 wrote:

Anyone got some ideas?

I’ve also never used Calhoupes scripts and have read through and saw that may have helped some

ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Postby ultimatum77 » Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:01 pm

pagjame wrote:
ultimatum77 wrote:

Anyone got some ideas?

I’ve also never used Calhoupes scripts and have read through and saw that may have helped some

You can try them. Personally I've never used them so don't know if they have any other dependent software like Microsoft C++ or Javascript....may want to make sure you have those as well.
For help running madden please consult my guide and posts from fellow users here....thanks! (link below) viewtopic.php?f=22&t=17907
I'm not on site much, so if I don't respond it's b/c I haven't checked in a while.

pagjame
All-Pro

Postby pagjame » Thu Apr 09, 2020 9:43 am

ultimatum77 wrote:
pagjame wrote:
ultimatum77 wrote:

You can try them. Personally I've never used them so don't know if they have any other dependent software like Microsoft C++ or Javascript....may want to make sure you have those as well.

Not sure what happened or how but Calhoupes scripts cleared up the issue! Running great for now !

ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Postby ultimatum77 » Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:14 pm

Good to hear! 8-)

ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Re: Attn: W10/8.1/7/XP Users with issues running madden08 update revision 04-2020

Postby ultimatum77 » Wed Apr 22, 2020 10:11 am

04-2020 UPDATE! - New software that will allow you to install legacy (old) game components software and drivers to run Madden 2008 smoothly. Please see the attached PDF file. Thanks! - U77

With this software you may not have to manually download each component needed for M08 such as display drivers, .net frameworks, directx etc...
Attachments
New 2020 Update to Run Madden 2008.pdf
(912.66 KiB) Downloaded 246 times

Return to “Troubleshooting”