Having Problems Figuring Out What's Wrong With My Franchise

Madden crashing, franchise corrupt, games won't sim? Get help here.
AlexB9598W
All-Pro

Postby AlexB9598W » Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:31 pm

On Week 7 of the franchise file's first season, I just can't get past Titans vs. Browns. All the other games simulate just fine, but I can't get to the next week without getting that game through. I've gathered that it's the Browns roster that's the issue, as when I try to select Practice mode with that team, it takes me to the Bears instead (selecting Practice for the Titans goes fine).

However, after following all the steps in the Basic Troubleshooting stickied post in this forum, I still am unable to get through. The Browns are all set in terms of positional requirements, and contracts all seem to be in order, so I can't make heads or tails of it. Any help or something I might be overlooking? Using Rogerjinx's 2017 roster with players shuffled around and no issues up to now, if that detail rosters.

Sponsor

Sponsor

RevanFan
Legend

Re: Having Problems Figuring Out What's Wrong With My Franchise

Postby RevanFan » Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:29 pm

AlexB9598W wrote:On Week 7 of the franchise file's first season, I just can't get past Titans vs. Browns. All the other games simulate just fine, but I can't get to the next week without getting that game through. I've gathered that it's the Browns roster that's the issue, as when I try to select Practice mode with that team, it takes me to the Bears instead (selecting Practice for the Titans goes fine).

However, after following all the steps in the Basic Troubleshooting stickied post in this forum, I still am unable to get through. The Browns are all set in terms of positional requirements, and contracts all seem to be in order, so I can't make heads or tails of it. Any help or something I might be overlooking? Using Rogerjinx's 2017 roster with players shuffled around and no issues up to now, if that detail rosters.

You auto-reordered their depth chart?

I've only seen the issue you describe once before, and I never found a way to fix it. But I'll try to help. All I can say is check the TGID values of every team and make sure there's no duplicates or other "funny business". I know for a fact that I've had that issue before, but it was years ago and I ended up just scrapping my franchise and starting again.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

AlexB9598W
All-Pro

Postby AlexB9598W » Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:07 pm

RevanFan wrote:
AlexB9598W wrote:On Week 7 of the franchise file's first season, I just can't get past Titans vs. Browns. All the other games simulate just fine, but I can't get to the next week without getting that game through. I've gathered that it's the Browns roster that's the issue, as when I try to select Practice mode with that team, it takes me to the Bears instead (selecting Practice for the Titans goes fine).

You auto-reordered their depth chart?

I've only seen the issue you describe once before, and I never found a way to fix it. But I'll try to help. All I can say is check the TGID values of every team and make sure there's no duplicates or other "funny business". I know for a fact that I've had that issue before, but it was years ago and I ended up just scrapping my franchise and starting again.

That's not encouraging news heh

Where should I look for the TGID? I see it in the TEAM section of the franchise file (using Madden DB Editor) and no duplicates there.

Also, something I've never seen before that I just noticed are Temp files. They're in the Saved folder, and it's titled madn0000.tmp.fra. Is that a bad sign?

Danchat
Hall of Fame

Postby Danchat » Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:37 pm

Yes, I've encountered this error before. As you've figured out already, having the practice team select the Bears as their team means that the roster is somehow glitched. Usually this is because of more than 55 players on the team, a player with zero years left on their contract on an active team, or the substitutions have free agents playing in certain positions.

Have you played as the Browns and modified them in any way? That will be the key in deciphering this problem. I've had many perplexing roster issues that were solved by clearing all subs (because I had transferred players to the practice squad using a roster editor, but if those players are in substitutions the roster will be glitched).
Franchise Journal - Atticus Jenkins: Head Coach of the San Francisco 49ers
http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2387&start=400

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:54 pm

Yes, definitely try clearing substitutions. I should add that to the basic troubleshooting checklist, if I haven't already.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

AlexB9598W
All-Pro

Postby AlexB9598W » Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:00 pm

Danchat wrote:Yes, I've encountered this error before. As you've figured out already, having the practice team select the Bears as their team means that the roster is somehow glitched. Usually this is because of more than 55 players on the team, a player with zero years left on their contract on an active team, or the substitutions have free agents playing in certain positions.

Have you played as the Browns and modified them in any way? That will be the key in deciphering this problem. I've had many perplexing roster issues that were solved by clearing all subs (because I had transferred players to the practice squad using a roster editor, but if those players are in substitutions the roster will be glitched).

I've played as the Browns for the past 6 weeks and no issue whatsoever.

I have exactly 55 on the roster, tried dropping a player and didn't do anything. Everyone has a contract, and I just reset all the subs and still no dice.

Any thing else to check?

Danchat
Hall of Fame

Postby Danchat » Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:43 pm

AlexB9598W wrote:
Danchat wrote:Yes, I've encountered this error before. As you've figured out already, having the practice team select the Bears as their team means that the roster is somehow glitched. Usually this is because of more than 55 players on the team, a player with zero years left on their contract on an active team, or the substitutions have free agents playing in certain positions.

I have exactly 55 on the roster, tried dropping a player and didn't do anything. Everyone has a contract, and I just reset all the subs and still no dice.

Any thing else to check?

Did you reset all subs in-game? For some teams, the subs located in Team Management when you're out-of-game sometimes doesn't reflect the playbook you use. However, when you're in-game, the subs reflect your playbook correctly. This issue happened to me once and I figured out I had to add a player back to the roster because he was locked into an in-game sub, then I could reset him and remove him from the roster.
Franchise Journal - Atticus Jenkins: Head Coach of the San Francisco 49ers
http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2387&start=400

AlexB9598W
All-Pro

Postby AlexB9598W » Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:50 pm

Danchat wrote:
AlexB9598W wrote:

Any thing else to check?

Did you reset all subs in-game? For some teams, the subs located in Team Management when you're out-of-game sometimes doesn't reflect the playbook you use. However, when you're in-game, the subs reflect your playbook correctly. This issue happened to me once and I figured out I had to add a player back to the roster because he was locked into an in-game sub, then I could reset him and remove him from the roster.

Yeah, did it in game.

AlexB9598W
All-Pro

Postby AlexB9598W » Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:29 pm

IDK if this matters at all, but when trying to load the Browns depth chart in NZA, there are unfailingly blank spaces no matter how many times I close and open the Teams window. Alex Smith (who is on the Browns in my roster) in particular is slow to appear when the chart loads. But in game, with contracts and all, nothing looks out of place.

AlexB9598W
All-Pro

Postby AlexB9598W » Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:15 am

Is there any way to swap out this team with a working version from a backup franchise file I have? The backup is from Week 1, but I've avoided signing free agents so it's practically the same roster.

Return to “Troubleshooting”