Audio device issue

Madden crashing, franchise corrupt, games won't sim? Get help here.
jokull
Rookie

Audio device issue

Postby jokull » Fri May 18, 2018 8:01 pm

Hey all. I'm having an odd issue where randomly in the menus, my soundcard will suddenly become disconnected and the game will freeze. Windows itself stops seeing the soundcard until I unplug it and plug it back in - and the act of unplugging it completely crashes the game. I haven't tested enough to know whether it's specific to my soundcard or not, but this only happens in Madden. I was wondering if anyone else had this issue or knew a fix.

My soundcard is a Behringer U-Phoria UMC202HD, and I'm on Windows 10 Home (Build 1709). I'm using Calhoun's launcher and the newest version of the FF mod.

Thanks!

Audio device issue

Sponsor

Sponsor

RevanFan
Legend

Re: Audio device issue

Postby RevanFan » Fri May 18, 2018 10:51 pm

jokull wrote:Hey all. I'm having an odd issue where randomly in the menus, my soundcard will suddenly become disconnected and the game will freeze. Windows itself stops seeing the soundcard until I unplug it and plug it back in - and the act of unplugging it completely crashes the game. I haven't tested enough to know whether it's specific to my soundcard or not, but this only happens in Madden. I was wondering if anyone else had this issue or knew a fix.

My soundcard is a Behringer U-Phoria UMC202HD, and I'm on Windows 10 Home (Build 1709). I'm using Calhoun's launcher and the newest version of the FF mod.

Thanks!

I don't have experience using sound cards, so my only suggestion is to update the drivers. There's a chance that your sound card might just not like Madden.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Postby ultimatum77 » Sat May 19, 2018 11:43 am

jokull wrote:Hey all. I'm having an odd issue where randomly in the menus, my soundcard will suddenly become disconnected and the game will freeze. Windows itself stops seeing the soundcard until I unplug it and plug it back in - and the act of unplugging it completely crashes the game. I haven't tested enough to know whether it's specific to my soundcard or not, but this only happens in Madden. I was wondering if anyone else had this issue or knew a fix.

Thanks!

https://www.musictri.be/Categories/Behr ... /downloads

Scroll down to the driver area and one of those drivers should work for your model and W10.

Hope this helps....
For help running madden please consult my guide and posts from fellow users here....thanks! (link below) viewtopic.php?f=22&t=17907
I'm not on site much, so if I don't respond it's b/c I haven't checked in a while.

jokull
Rookie

Postby jokull » Sat May 19, 2018 6:08 pm

ultimatum77 wrote:

Thanks!

Scroll down to the driver area and one of those drivers should work for your model and W10.

Hope this helps....

I have the newest drivers already. I think RevanFan is right and it's just a compatibility issue. Oh well :\

ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Postby ultimatum77 » Sun May 20, 2018 9:23 pm

jokull wrote:
ultimatum77 wrote:

Thanks!

Hope this helps....

I have the newest drivers already. I think RevanFan is right and it's just a compatibility issue. Oh well :\

If you have an USB drive you can make a Windows 8.1 Windows to go install, boot your pc from it and let it run through its setup. Then rip the driver for the audio device from windows 8 and use it in windows 10 using a program called double driver portable. I did this for an old pc with sound card issues that would not recognize it within windows 7 for the Cmedia audio driver. I then ripped it off the Windows xp , used the device manager to install legacy hardware then installed it on my windows 7 machine. Ever since then no sound card issues or misfires.....works with every application to produce sound. This is just an idea instead of shelling out money for a sound card. That or get one of those cheap $5 usb sound cards from amazon as a workaround....they actually work just don't expect Dolby sound quality lol as it would be unrealistic.....lol
For help running madden please consult my guide and posts from fellow users here....thanks! (link below) viewtopic.php?f=22&t=17907
I'm not on site much, so if I don't respond it's b/c I haven't checked in a while.

jokull
Rookie

Postby jokull » Sun Jun 10, 2018 12:16 am

ultimatum77 wrote:
jokull wrote:
ultimatum77 wrote:

Hope this helps....

If you have an USB drive you can make a Windows 8.1 Windows to go install, boot your pc from it and let it run through its setup. Then rip the driver for the audio device from windows 8 and use it in windows 10 using a program called double driver portable. I did this for an old pc with sound card issues that would not recognize it within windows 7 for the Cmedia audio driver. I then ripped it off the Windows xp , used the device manager to install legacy hardware then installed it on my windows 7 machine. Ever since then no sound card issues or misfires.....works with every application to produce sound. This is just an idea instead of shelling out money for a sound card. That or get one of those cheap $5 usb sound cards from amazon as a workaround....they actually work just don't expect Dolby sound quality lol as it would be unrealistic.....lol

haha I'm not getting a whole new soundcard just because Madden 08 doesn't like my current one's drivers. i'll live ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Return to “Troubleshooting”