Advance to Offseason crash on "Signing Coaches" screen

Madden crashing, franchise corrupt, games won't sim? Get help here.
AndroidMercury
Rookie

Postby AndroidMercury » Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:01 pm

Hello everyone. I've been having an issue with 08 for about a month now that is driving me insane. In any franchise or roster I try, I cannot advance into the offseason. The game crashes once the "Signing Coaches" popup shows up when trying to advance to the offseason. I've tried different rosters so I'm fairly certain that isn't the issue. I've tried: installing .NET frameworks 1.1, 2.0, 3.5, 4+; installing Java; reinstalling the game; reinstalling Windows 10; running with and without Calhoupe's scripts; upgrading various drivers, including video card; re-seating all components in my PC. Keep in mind, 08 is the only game I've had issues with. Everything else, generally more graphically intensive, is running great. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Also, errors do show up in Event Viewer after each crash. Here's some details from that
Faulting application name: mainapp.exe, version: 1.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x562b029a
Faulting module name: mainapp.exe, version: 1.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x562b029a
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00350eb7
Faulting process id: 0x1d00
Faulting application start time: 0x01d523e77eb7013c
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\EA Sports\Madden NFL 08\mainapp.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\EA Sports\Madden NFL 08\mainapp.exe
Report Id: 9b87dbc6-f06a-460b-927d-88871274f2eb

From what I can tell, that exception code is from the program trying to access and index that doesn't exist. With the game not being open source, I obviously can't debug the code and find out...

I'm also using the FF/FI mod, but this also happened after reinstalling the game and running it without mods

Sponsor

Sponsor

RevanFan
Legend

Re: Advance to Offseason crash on "Signing Coaches" screen

Postby RevanFan » Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:15 pm

Event Viewer probably isn't going to help you with Madden crashes. Troubleshooting has to be done through process of elimination.

Note that messing with other software and hardware is usually never necessary for troubleshooting Madden crashes unless testing all in-game options fails. A reinstall of Windows and re-seating of hardware is never necessary.

Have you tried following the Basic Troubleshooting Checklist? The problem is almost certainly with your franchise file. Have you made any changes in an editor during the franchise? Also, do you have a backup from prior to advancing to the offseason?

For troubleshooting purposes, follow the Basic Troubleshooting Checklist. You'll need to have some utilities from the forum to help, namely NZA's Editor 1.3 and the DB Editor.

Also, for future reference, here's the order I'd follow for troubleshooting.

1. Test the franchise/superstar file (including certain data tables such as STAD, TUNI, TEAM, and PLAY, but starting with in-game and NZA 1.3 troubleshooting.)
2. Test the roster that you used to create the franchise/superstar.
3. Reinstall all mods, such as the FF/FI mod.

There's almost never a need to go beyond that, but if there is, I'd recommend uninstalling and reinstalling Madden, and your graphics drivers (if it's a visual issue.) I'd say messing with hardware or a Windows install is never required, as I mentioned before.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

AndroidMercury
Rookie

Postby AndroidMercury » Sat Jun 29, 2019 10:46 pm

Hello Revanfan, thanks for the help. Unfortunately, none of that worked. I even uninstalled and reinstalled the game, and tried using it completely vanilla. Crashes continue to happen when heading into the offseason.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Sat Jun 29, 2019 11:18 pm

AndroidMercury wrote:Hello Revanfan, thanks for the help. Unfortunately, none of that worked. I even uninstalled and reinstalled the game, and tried using it completely vanilla. Crashes continue to happen when heading into the offseason.

Like I said, the problem likely stems from something in the roster you based your franchise on.

Here's a suggestion. If you have the FF/FI Mod, make sure it's fully up to date, load the roster titled [Default Roster], and start a completely new franchise. Simulate to the point where you began experiencing crashes, without doing anything else, and tell me if they occur.

If they don't, then the problem is with your franchise file specifically. Feel free to send it to me and I'll take a quick look at it. No guarantees I'll find anything, but a fresh pair of eyes doesn't hurt. Along with the file, I'd need a detailed description of exactly when and how the problem occurs.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

TVGuy22
Pro Bowl

Postby TVGuy22 » Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:36 am

I am having this problem now at the end of Season 16. The season played normally and I saved the file after the Pro Bowl. When I go back in and click on "Advance to Off Season", it doesn't show me the coaching retirements/changes, instead it goes straight to the Owners Box. If I try to go to the Offseason Schedule at the bottom, it crashes to the desktop. Tried it through my normal Mod startup and with the disc, on two different machines.

When I look under "Staffing" in the Owners Box, I don't see any coaches. However, they are all in the DB file, and if look in the "Coach Settings" before going to offseason mode, they are all there. Four for each team in the right assignments.

All teams are at 55 or less and all positions minimums are filled. No FA contracts. No duplicate players or coaches.

I went back and tried an old Season 15 file and I was able to proceed normally, so it must be something about this Season 16 file. I keep the Week 1, Week 17 and each playoff round as separate files and they all do the same thing.

I suppose I could go back and start with that Season 15 file and replay the season, but it was a good one. Any other ideas?

Return to “Troubleshooting”