EA Log In Issue

Madden crashing, franchise corrupt, games won't sim? Get help here.
eal
Pro Bowl

EA Log In Issue

Postby eal » Sun Feb 09, 2020 5:01 pm

Hello, I have recently downloaded Madden 08 to my new computer, I haven't played the game in about 5 years!

When I try to play the game I get the following message:

In order to launch this game, please login to the EA Link to verify your ownership, then try again.

I have logged-in to everything EA I can think of but nothing seems to remove this message. How do I solve this?

EA Log In Issue

Sponsor

Sponsor

RevanFan
Legend

Re: EA Log In Issue

Postby RevanFan » Mon Feb 10, 2020 5:09 pm

eal wrote:Hello, I have recently downloaded Madden 08 to my new computer, I haven't played the game in about 5 years!

In order to launch this game, please login to the EA Link to verify your ownership, then try again.

I have logged-in to everything EA I can think of but nothing seems to remove this message. How do I solve this?

I'd suggest contacting EA's support. Are you trying to play the game through Origin or an Amazon download? I presume Origin with the "EA Link" requirement, though I've personally not heard of such a thing before.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

eal
Pro Bowl

Postby eal » Mon Feb 10, 2020 8:59 pm

RevanFan wrote:
eal wrote:Hello, I have recently downloaded Madden 08 to my new computer, I haven't played the game in about 5 years!

I'd suggest contacting EA's support. Are you trying to play the game through Origin or an Amazon download? I presume Origin with the "EA Link" requirement, though I've personally not heard of such a thing before.

EA Support tells me I can no longer play the game unless I have a physical copy. It seems my original download no longer works. Too bad, I much prefer Franchise Mode in Madden 08 than Madden 20.

rambolz
All-Pro

Postby rambolz » Tue Feb 11, 2020 6:36 am

eal wrote:
RevanFan wrote:

EA Support tells me I can no longer play the game unless I have a physical copy. It seems my original download no longer works. Too bad, I much prefer Franchise Mode in Madden 08 than Madden 20.

I'd suggest taking a look at the readme file which comes with Calhoupe's scripts (at least I think it's with the scripts) if you want to play 08. Should point you in the direction of getting an .exe file which should work.

Return to “Troubleshooting”