Issue with Lucas Oil Stadium

Madden crashing, franchise corrupt, games won't sim? Get help here.
KeepinItTeal
Hall of Fame

Postby KeepinItTeal » Wed Feb 17, 2021 10:32 pm

I’ve got a 1pm game in franchise mode at Indy and the game is being depicted as a night game at Lucas Oil Stadium. Anyone know why that’s happening and what the fix might be? This is using the latest version of the FI/FF mod.

Thanks.

Sponsor

Sponsor

RevanFan
Legend

Re: Issue with Lucas Oil Stadium

Postby RevanFan » Fri Feb 19, 2021 3:10 pm

KeepinItTeal wrote:I’ve got a 1pm game in franchise mode at Indy and the game is being depicted as a night game at Lucas Oil Stadium. Anyone know why that’s happening and what the fix might be? This is using the latest version of the FI/FF mod.

Thanks.

At Lucas Oil? Hmm.... We should have a day and night version of the stadium installed. I'll double check the next time I'm around the game.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

KeepinItTeal
Hall of Fame

Postby KeepinItTeal » Fri Feb 19, 2021 10:38 pm

RevanFan wrote:
KeepinItTeal wrote:I’ve got a 1pm game in franchise mode at Indy and the game is being depicted as a night game at Lucas Oil Stadium. Anyone know why that’s happening and what the fix might be? This is using the latest version of the FI/FF mod.

Thanks.

At Lucas Oil? Hmm.... We should have a day and night version of the stadium installed. I'll double check the next time I'm around the game.

I think the issue is that Lucas Oil (closed) depicts as a night game regardless of the game time. Lucas Oil (open) seems to be working fine.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Fri Feb 19, 2021 11:14 pm

KeepinItTeal wrote:
RevanFan wrote:

Thanks.

I think the issue is that Lucas Oil (closed) depicts as a night game regardless of the game time. Lucas Oil (open) seems to be working fine.

Would you have any idea how to fix that? The reason we went with the closed stadium as the primary one is because, if there's bad weather, they'd close the roof. Felt that the default should reflect that you'll likely never see bad weather at one of their games.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

KeepinItTeal
Hall of Fame

Postby KeepinItTeal » Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:03 pm

RevanFan wrote:
KeepinItTeal wrote:
RevanFan wrote:At Lucas Oil? Hmm.... We should have a day and night version of the stadium installed. I'll double check the next time I'm around the game.

Would you have any idea how to fix that? The reason we went with the closed stadium as the primary one is because, if there's bad weather, they'd close the roof. Felt that the default should reflect that you'll likely never see bad weather at one of their games.

It must have something to do with the DAT settings? (which I know nothing about) It's as if Lucas Oil (closed) is set to always be depicted as a night game. I think I've noticed the same with AT&T Stadium. Maybe Jinx would know?

mee
Hall of Fame

Postby mee » Thu Feb 25, 2021 1:31 pm

I'm not 100% sure, but I think there is no time option for the domes in the game. It's been a while, but that's what I vaguely remember.
So the Giants traded Beckham....

BelieverInTeal
Hall of Fame

Postby BelieverInTeal » Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:05 pm

State Farm Stadium – whether closed or open – has a day, dusk and night mode. Whoever converted your Lucas Oil tpf to dat only extracted the night version of State Farm to use as a base. That's why, regardless of whatever time you choose, you will only see the night mode.

The person who did it must've thought that State Farm was like other dome stadiums in the game, in there's only one version (day, dusk or night) and didn't need to extract three versions. But the problem is that there are three versions, which is why I hesitate to call it a dome.

But all of this leads to another question for Revan - why are there three imports of Lucas Oil (closed) in the stadiums.dat? For domes, all you need to do is import the stadium into the "day" slot and you're good to go. There's no need to import the same thing into the "dusk" and "night" slots.

rogerjinx
Hall of Fame

Postby rogerjinx » Fri Feb 26, 2021 2:11 am

KeepinItTeal wrote:
RevanFan wrote:
KeepinItTeal wrote:

It must have something to do with the DAT settings? (which I know nothing about) It's as if Lucas Oil (closed) is set to always be depicted as a night game. I think I've noticed the same with AT&T Stadium. Maybe Jinx would know?

Can you send me the TPFs needed. I got some time this weekend to fix the Lucas Oil (closed).
Edit: Include also the AT&T.
Thanks!

KeepinItTeal
Hall of Fame

Postby KeepinItTeal » Fri Feb 26, 2021 10:26 am

BelieverInTeal wrote:State Farm Stadium – whether closed or open – has a day, dusk and night mode. Whoever converted your Lucas Oil tpf to dat only extracted the night version of State Farm to use as a base. That's why, regardless of whatever time you choose, you will only see the night mode.

The person who did it must've thought that State Farm was like other dome stadiums in the game, in there's only one version (day, dusk or night) and didn't need to extract three versions. But the problem is that there are three versions, which is why I hesitate to call it a dome.

But all of this leads to another question for Revan - why are there three imports of Lucas Oil (closed) in the stadiums.dat? For domes, all you need to do is import the stadium into the "day" slot and you're good to go. There's no need to import the same thing into the "dusk" and "night" slots.

This is exactly the issue. Thanks BIT.

KeepinItTeal
Hall of Fame

Postby KeepinItTeal » Fri Feb 26, 2021 10:27 am

rogerjinx wrote:
KeepinItTeal wrote:
RevanFan wrote:Would you have any idea how to fix that? The reason we went with the closed stadium as the primary one is because, if there's bad weather, they'd close the roof. Felt that the default should reflect that you'll likely never see bad weather at one of their games.

Can you send me the TPFs needed. I got some time this weekend to fix the Lucas Oil (closed).
Edit: Include also the AT&T.
Thanks!

Yes, will do.

Return to “Troubleshooting”