Madden 08 audio stutter

Madden crashing, franchise corrupt, games won't sim? Get help here.
LunarEclipse
Rookie

Madden 08 audio stutter

Postby LunarEclipse » Thu Mar 04, 2021 2:16 am

I just reinstalled Madden NFL 08 and put in a custom soundtrack as well, the tags on all of them are ID3v1. I'm not sure what's causing the audio to stutter but the game runs fine in the background. The audio stutters about when I'm about 10 minutes into the game.

Madden 08 audio stutter

Sponsor

Sponsor

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Re: Madden 08 audio stutter

Postby MikeWest502 » Sun Mar 07, 2021 8:54 pm

LunarEclipse wrote:I just reinstalled Madden NFL 08 and put in a custom soundtrack as well, the tags on all of them are ID3v1. I'm not sure what's causing the audio to stutter but the game runs fine in the background. The audio stutters about when I'm about 10 minutes into the game.

Does the stutter happen with the same songs or for any song played? If it happens with the same song, try the conversion process for them again. But if it's with all songs, it may be something with the tags. I have a custom sounddat with full songs imported but no song stutter issue. I think I removed the tag metadata from the song's prior to converting them to .asf format.

LunarEclipse
Rookie

Postby LunarEclipse » Mon Mar 08, 2021 11:12 pm

MikeWest502 wrote:
LunarEclipse wrote:I just reinstalled Madden NFL 08 and put in a custom soundtrack as well, the tags on all of them are ID3v1. I'm not sure what's causing the audio to stutter but the game runs fine in the background. The audio stutters about when I'm about 10 minutes into the game.

Does the stutter happen with the same songs or for any song played? If it happens with the same song, try the conversion process for them again. But if it's with all songs, it may be something with the tags. I have a custom sounddat with full songs imported but no song stutter issue. I think I removed the tag metadata from the song's prior to converting them to .asf format.

Any song that's played man, any song after at least 10 to 15 minutes of gameplay.

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Mon Mar 08, 2021 11:32 pm

LunarEclipse wrote:
MikeWest502 wrote:

Any song that's played man, any song after at least 10 to 15 minutes of gameplay.

Try removing all of the metadata/tag info before you convert them to.asf format.

LunarEclipse
Rookie

Postby LunarEclipse » Mon Mar 08, 2021 11:35 pm

MikeWest502 wrote:
LunarEclipse wrote:
MikeWest502 wrote:

Try removing all of the metadata/tag info before you convert them to.asf format.

With foobar2000?

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Mon Mar 08, 2021 11:47 pm

LunarEclipse wrote:
MikeWest502 wrote:
LunarEclipse wrote:

With foobar2000?

If foobar2000 removes the metadata/tags, then yes. But I used a different app to do that. I don't remember what app I used, but it was a free one. I have to check my pc for the app name? I'm currently in the middle of a franchise game between the Sacramento Kings vs the Chicago Bulls. I will look for the app after the game is done! But you can try ID3 Kill or ID3 Tag Remover if Foobar2000 doesn't get the job done!

LunarEclipse
Rookie

Postby LunarEclipse » Mon Mar 08, 2021 11:50 pm

MikeWest502 wrote:
LunarEclipse wrote:
MikeWest502 wrote:Try removing all of the metadata/tag info before you convert them to.asf format.

With foobar2000?

If foobar2000 removes the metadata/tags, then yes. But I used a different app to do that. I don't remember what app I used, but it was a free one. I have to check my pc for the app name? I'm currently in the middle of a franchise game between the Sacramento Kings vs the Chicago Bulls. I will look for the app after the game is done! But you can try ID3 Kill or ID3 Tag Remover if Foobar2000 doesn't get the job done!

Alright my dude! I'll give it a try!

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Tue Mar 09, 2021 4:13 pm

LunarEclipse wrote:
MikeWest502 wrote:
LunarEclipse wrote:
With foobar2000?

Alright my dude! I'll give it a try!

I used the NHL 2002 Ditty Importer to convert the mp3 files to .asf files!

Return to “Troubleshooting”