Running Madden 08 on a virtual machine?

Madden crashing, franchise corrupt, games won't sim? Get help here.
Lukster
Rookie

Postby Lukster » Sun Jan 21, 2024 12:19 am

Madden 08 has been having so many struggles on my Windows 10 PC that I decided to try running it in a Windows 7 VM with Oracle Virtualbox. I've installed it onto the machine, but I'm not sure what to do about this error. It says d3dx9_30.dll is missing from my computer, and it can't run without it. I checked the files on my windows 10 install and couldn't find this file, so I assumed it was a directx issue. I know that I can't emulate the most modern directx versions but I thought maybe older games would be possible? If anybody has any experience running 08 in VMs let me know how you ran it. I did enable 3d acceleration, and emulated extra RAM and VRAM in the VM settings.

Sponsor

Sponsor

achernar
Hall of Fame

Re: Running Madden 08 on a virtual machine?

Postby achernar » Mon Feb 05, 2024 2:58 pm

Lukster wrote:Madden 08 has been having so many struggles on my Windows 10 PC that I decided to try running it in a Windows 7 VM with Oracle Virtualbox. I've installed it onto the machine, but I'm not sure what to do about this error. It says d3dx9_30.dll is missing from my computer, and it can't run without it. I checked the files on my windows 10 install and couldn't find this file, so I assumed it was a directx issue. I know that I can't emulate the most modern directx versions but I thought maybe older games would be possible? If anybody has any experience running 08 in VMs let me know how you ran it. I did enable 3d acceleration, and emulated extra RAM and VRAM in the VM settings.

Install DirectX 9... and the other stuffs required to run that came with the CD game (don't remember the name of the folder rn).

You should find some problems with memory video, but I think you could get it running...

Return to “Troubleshooting”