Anybody like madden nfl 2005?

ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Re: Anybody like madden nfl 2005?

Postby ultimatum77 » Wed May 31, 2017 4:41 am

RevanFan wrote:
ultimatum77 wrote:other than the need for speed series and M08 I have ditched EA games in favor of 2k's nba2k franchise and other 2k games.

Even non-EA Sports games? Mass Effect and Dragon Age are great series. All of their games, overall, are good to great.

We'll the NFS series is under EA Games so yea that's about it...im not really into the FPS/role playing games....I get bored having to find "treasures/gems/power ups, shooting aliens/enemy combatants" not really into those type games...although I used to play wolfenstein/spear of destiny back in the early 90's lol it had like 16bit graphics but was a hard yet fun fps game lol....going after nazis undercover lol...
For help running madden please consult my guide and posts from fellow users here....thanks! (link below) viewtopic.php?f=22&t=17907
I'm not on site much, so if I don't respond it's b/c I haven't checked in a while.

Sponsor

Sponsor

1312qohelet
Hall of Fame

Postby 1312qohelet » Wed May 31, 2017 9:28 am

ultimatum77 wrote:
1312qohelet wrote:I really enjoyed Madden '05. However I've only played it on console, so I never had to deal with the buggy issues.
To me, '05 and '06 were the best Madden games - much more interactive franchise modes.
This was a period of time that EA was in direct competition with ESPN NFL 2k5.....which is also a game I am rather fond of.

EA is lazy as crap.....they are slow in incorporating new gaming modes and their graphics for games is very low quality....2k makes such great games and is more frequent to fix flaws with patches....the graphics are crisp and realistic and their tech support is also way better. other than the need for speed series and M08 I have ditched EA games in favor of 2k's nba2k franchise and other 2k games.

Oh yeah...there are a lot of us that probably share a very similar opinion of EA sports games right now....and the past 10 years, to be honest.
RevanFan wrote:Even non-EA Sports games? Mass Effect and Dragon Age are great series. All of their games, overall, are good to great.

I've heard good things about those titles, but haven't had the pleasure.

Gridiron
MVP

Postby Gridiron » Wed May 31, 2017 9:37 am

ultimatum77 wrote:The most competitive madden I've ever played was Madden 2004.....imo it was the most balanced with equal opportunities for offense and defense.....everything after 06 was too offense friendly so you could rack up unreal passing/rushing yrds and points....but as far as challenge to complete passes with no vision cones and stuff 04 was awesome.....03 was not bad but it had a few glitches as well but 04 was perfect balance of off and def play.....

I concur about the 04 version. If software worked so we could blend the game play of 04, with the graphics and networking from 08, then IMO it would be the best MADDEN for the PC.

ultimatum77 wrote:
1312qohelet wrote:I really enjoyed Madden '05. However I've only played it on console, so I never had to deal with the buggy issues.
To me, '05 and '06 were the best Madden games - much more interactive franchise modes.
This was a period of time that EA was in direct competition with ESPN NFL 2k5.....which is also a game I am rather fond of.

EA is lazy as crap.....they are slow in incorporating new gaming modes and their graphics for games is very low quality....2k makes such great games and is more frequent to fix flaws with patches....the graphics are crisp and realistic and their tech support is also way better. other than the need for speed series and M08 I have ditched EA games in favor of 2k's nba2k franchise and other 2k games.

Because they have the NFL exclusive brand lock, as long as they don't totally screw the pooch, EA does not need to worry about innovating. The loot will roll in until a bigger bucks operation decides to grab their share of the market with a product that is superior.

If it (US and globalist corporations) weren't such a good ol'boy network, we would have seen some competition in the form of an updated GFL2K17 released. One that adheres to the current NFL rules. One with generic teams and uniforms ;) but with a software suite which contains the editors and tools that give the ability for end users to easily modify the team's logos and uniforms which could be exported and imported in an easily sharable format.
GRIDIRON! The 1st physics based computer football simulation.

1312qohelet
Hall of Fame

Postby 1312qohelet » Wed May 31, 2017 9:59 am

Gridiron wrote:
ultimatum77 wrote:

Because they have the NFL exclusive brand lock, as long as they don't totally screw the pooch, EA does not need to worry about innovating. The loot will roll in until a bigger bucks operation decides to grab their share of the market with a product that is superior.

If it (US and globalist corporations) weren't such a good ol'boy network, we would have seen some competition in the form of an updated GFL2K17 released. One that adheres to the current NFL rules. One with generic teams and uniforms ;) but with a software suite which contains the editors and tools that give the ability for end users to easily modify the team's logos and uniforms which could be exported and imported in an easily sharable format.

Sadly, the NFL is to blame for the exclusivity....of course,EA still sucks ass.
But it's the NFL who started the exclusive deal and keeps on stamping "renew".

ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Postby ultimatum77 » Wed May 31, 2017 10:23 pm

Gridiron wrote:
ultimatum77 wrote:The most competitive madden I've ever played was Madden 2004.....imo it was the most balanced with equal opportunities for offense and defense.....everything after 06 was too offense friendly so you could rack up unreal passing/rushing yrds and points....but as far as challenge to complete passes with no vision cones and stuff 04 was awesome.....03 was not bad but it had a few glitches as well but 04 was perfect balance of off and def play.....

I concur about the 04 version. If software worked so we could blend the game play of 04, with the graphics and networking from 08, then IMO it would be the best MADDEN for the PC.

ultimatum77 wrote:

Exactly, every year jocks drop $50 and up for a glorified roster update.......and EA rakes in the profits.....E.A. stands for electronic a-holes lol...

I agree M04 was the most balanced, im going to look into finding an old copy and trying to run it on W8/10 via virtual machine or compat mode....
For help running madden please consult my guide and posts from fellow users here....thanks! (link below) viewtopic.php?f=22&t=17907
I'm not on site much, so if I don't respond it's b/c I haven't checked in a while.

AaronS
Hall of Fame

Postby AaronS » Thu Jun 01, 2017 2:59 pm

I thought '17 was a HUGE step forward for the series. For the first time SINCE 2004-2005, the CPU was competitive. I played through a season and only went 9-7, including a stretch where I went 2-5, barely squeaking out the 2 wins.

I hate to praise them after what they've put us through, but I think they're going the right direction... but I won't buy another version until they overhaul franchise mode though. I just can't do it in good faith. I want what has been lost, and I won't support them until I get it.

.. Mass Effect and Dragon Age were created by Bio Ware and were successful LONG before EA gobbled them up!.. same with Maxis (The Sims, Sim City).. same with Origin (Ultima).. Aside from their massive collection of sports Titles, Need for Speed and Medal of Honor are the only original EA seies taht have been largely successful in the common console-era.

I'm very curious what role we play in not having Madden released on PC. I find it hard to believe, that since the game is built on PC architecture, that they wouldn't simply release it on that platform, even in a very limited capacity?! Surely tehy know we'd mod the h@ll out of it. Does that hold them back?

ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Postby ultimatum77 » Thu Jun 01, 2017 3:09 pm

AaronS wrote:I thought '17 was a HUGE step forward for the series. For the first time SINCE 2004-2005, the CPU was competitive. I played through a season and only went 9-7, including a stretch where I went 2-5, barely squeaking out the 2 wins.

I hate to praise them after what they've put us through, but I think they're going the right direction... but I won't buy another version until they overhaul franchise mode though. I just can't do it in good faith. I want what has been lost, and I won't support them until I get it.

.. Mass Effect and Dragon Age were created by Bio Ware and were successful LONG before EA gobbled them up!.. same with Maxis (The Sims, Sim City).. same with Origin (Ultima).. Aside from their massive collection of sports Titles, Need for Speed and Medal of Honor are the only original EA seies taht have been largely successful in the common console-era.

I'm very curious what role we play in not having Madden released on PC. I find it hard to believe, that since the game is built on PC architecture, that they wouldn't simply release it on that platform, even in a very limited capacity?! Surely tehy know we'd mod the h@ll out of it. Does that hold them back?

I totally agree, EA just takes well established games and does not improve them but just keeps them in their catalogue of games with no continous improvement. I liked Maxis games (simcopter) back in the 90's where you fly a helicopter around sim city (could even include cities from sim city 2000) but then EA decided to not improve/carry the game which is a shame because is was a classic game full of cool easter eggs and glitches you could put in with special codes/passphrases......

EA is trying to release a helicopter game for android but its largely been a flop compared to the classic simcopter.....

But all that to say your point about EA is very valid.....

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Thu Jun 01, 2017 3:11 pm

AaronS wrote:.. Mass Effect and Dragon Age were created by Bio Ware and were successful LONG before EA gobbled them up!..

Actually, BioWare's last non-EA game was Mass Effect. All other Mass Effect games and the entire Dragon Age series are EA. And the original Mass Effect was only just before EA bought them.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

AaronS
Hall of Fame

Postby AaronS » Mon Jun 05, 2017 3:14 pm

ultimatum77 wrote:I totally agree, EA just takes well established games and does not improve them but just keeps them in their catalogue of games with no continous improvement. I liked Maxis games (simcopter) back in the 90's where you fly a helicopter around sim city (could even include cities from sim city 2000) but then EA decided to not improve/carry the game which is a shame because is was a classic game full of cool easter eggs and glitches you could put in with special codes/passphrases......

EA is trying to release a helicopter game for android but its largely been a flop compared to the classic simcopter.....

I LOVED Sim City. Got laid off from one of my first jobs after high school and basically spent a whole summer playing Sim City 2000. GREAT times.

EA ran that title into the ground.. but it spawned The Sims series, so I can't really kill them too much for that one..

I hoped that gaming would go the way of the movie industry, with more privateer/indy games... man I was wrong on that one!! In fact, the opposite has happened. Anyone with ANY sense of creativity or genius seemingly is lined up to sell out!

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Mon Jun 05, 2017 3:30 pm

AaronS wrote:
ultimatum77 wrote:I totally agree, EA just takes well established games and does not improve them but just keeps them in their catalogue of games with no continous improvement. I liked Maxis games (simcopter) back in the 90's where you fly a helicopter around sim city (could even include cities from sim city 2000) but then EA decided to not improve/carry the game which is a shame because is was a classic game full of cool easter eggs and glitches you could put in with special codes/passphrases......

I LOVED Sim City. Got laid off from one of my first jobs after high school and basically spent a whole summer playing Sim City 2000. GREAT times.

EA ran that title into the ground.. but it spawned The Sims series, so I can't really kill them too much for that one..

I hoped that gaming would go the way of the movie industry, with more privateer/indy games... man I was wrong on that one!! In fact, the opposite has happened. Anyone with ANY sense of creativity or genius seemingly is lined up to sell out!

There's tons of great indie games. Tons of them. Also, if you like city builders, have you played Cities: Skylines?
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

Return to “Madden 2005 PC”