Anybody like madden nfl 2005?

ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Re: Anybody like madden nfl 2005?

Postby ultimatum77 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:28 pm

RevanFan wrote:
AaronS wrote:
ultimatum77 wrote:I totally agree, EA just takes well established games and does not improve them but just keeps them in their catalogue of games with no continous improvement. I liked Maxis games (simcopter) back in the 90's where you fly a helicopter around sim city (could even include cities from sim city 2000) but then EA decided to not improve/carry the game which is a shame because is was a classic game full of cool easter eggs and glitches you could put in with special codes/passphrases......

EA is trying to release a helicopter game for android but its largely been a flop compared to the classic simcopter.....

But all that to say your point about EA is very valid.....

I LOVED Sim City. Got laid off from one of my first jobs after high school and basically spent a whole summer playing Sim City 2000. GREAT times.

EA ran that title into the ground.. but it spawned The Sims series, so I can't really kill them too much for that one..

I hoped that gaming would go the way of the movie industry, with more privateer/indy games... man I was wrong on that one!! In fact, the opposite has happened. Anyone with ANY sense of creativity or genius seemingly is lined up to sell out!

There's tons of great indie games. Tons of them. Also, if you like city builders, have you played Cities: Skylines?

Lol, i've never played the sims games (except simcopter which is just a weird variant of it) but some of the cities had hilarioius things in the simcopter game which used some simcity 2000 cities for the game. For instance, there is one town where there are no stoplights, so you are constantly called to clear out accidents with your police helicopter.....of course the cheat codes are legendary....like having several helicopters to choose from including an apache, morphing into a rabid dog that can run over buildlings lol.....asking the game for money or instant death lol that cheat code would work 50-50 depending on your luck lol.....and either you got a horde of cash or your copter mysteriously loses fuel and spirals toward the ground.....another is having an alien abduct one of your rescue patients via a spaceship right before you put the harness down to rescue the person.....

it's graphics stink compared to today's games but if you guys want a good laugh just search for it on youtube

im not really into city building games or things like minecraft or what not...I get bored with those type games lol....im all about driving/flying/role playing games like fps.....
For help running madden please consult my guide and posts from fellow users here....thanks! (link below) viewtopic.php?f=22&t=17907
I'm not on site much, so if I don't respond it's b/c I haven't checked in a while.

Sponsor

Sponsor

NickyJ
Hall of Fame

Postby NickyJ » Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:08 pm

SimCopter is my jam! Nothing like spamming "Have a nice day" through the megaphone a few times make some quick bucks off medevac missions. :mrgreen: Never heard of the dog cheat code, though.

ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Postby ultimatum77 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:29 pm

NickyJ wrote:SimCopter is my jam! Nothing like spamming "Have a nice day" through the megaphone a few times make some quick bucks off medevac missions. :mrgreen: Never heard of the dog cheat code, though.

haha lol awesome! Yea the cheat code was something like you press ctrl shift x and the box comes up and you type "superpowermultiply" i think and then everytime your outside your chopper (human) you can morph into a crazy dog that can run real fast....if you're inside your chopper you can use it to make your helicopter go at warp speed to the intended location (transport, fire etc)...it basically acts as a turbo for your helicopter.....
lol crazy how after all these years I still remember the codes lol...too much time on simcopter during my school years hahaha......
My favorites were "I'd like a room and a hot shower please"....or "attention everyone...have a nice day"...
ending riots were fun esp after trying tear gas, megaphone yelling and none of that works well on later levels.....so....mr.apache to the rescue.....

if a hostage or fire rescue was impossible because the person was "within the building or in one of those hard to reach crevice of the building you'd keep losing money so the best alternative was to use the apache and *cough* "end the fire rescue/hostage situation" via use of force..sure you lose money for doing away with 2 sim people but heck it will stop the penalty for sims waiting/cash penalty......

Medevac's were hilarious but it always irritated me when you fly low over the popo buildilng and accidentally pick up a police person and you need that person to vacate their seat for the medevac victim....of course you could always go rogue and drop people from your chopper to free up the seat lol.....it results in a penalty for sim injured/killed but heck it added a quirky layer to the game......
For help running madden please consult my guide and posts from fellow users here....thanks! (link below) viewtopic.php?f=22&t=17907
I'm not on site much, so if I don't respond it's b/c I haven't checked in a while.

NickyJ
Hall of Fame

Postby NickyJ » Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:09 pm

I actually never thought to use the Apache's rockets for criminals locked in buildings. I always tried to make minimal destruction, but it certainly would have come in handy. What always frustrated me were the unmanned firetrucks in the later missions that I called on to keep me moving. Finding out I lost a load of points because he didn't bother to get out of the truck made me salty. Same goes for police cars I'd wait for if I made a non-mission speeder stop. All those points penalties taken just so a driverless police car can cross half the map to get to me and not even give me the points for the catch. :evil:

On the plus side, when it was a mission-related speeder, just drop the bucket on the car and let the blades take care of the rest. Quick, easy, and no stupid cops to babysit!

Gridironmate
Rookie

Postby Gridironmate » Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:19 pm

Yes I do. Once I figure out how to mod and enhance it correctly I look forward to spend countless hours playing it... :lol:

BUS36
Hall of Fame

Postby BUS36 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:02 pm

2005..was a defensive minded game..I loved it
I bleed BLACK N GOLD

AaronS
Hall of Fame

Postby AaronS » Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:53 am

Gridironmate wrote:Yes I do. Once I figure out how to mod and enhance it correctly I look forward to spend countless hours playing it... :lol:

If the X Mod works for 07, I don't see why it wouldn't work for 2005..

Gridironmate
Rookie

Postby Gridironmate » Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:41 pm

AaronS wrote:If the X Mod works for 07, I don't see why it wouldn't work for 2005..

Thats a big "if" for me right now, since I have no clue what this "X Mod" is you are refering to. :oops:
Since noone answered my introduction message in which I wrote what I intend to get out of modding my 2005 version, I'm not sure I will reach my goals.
Maybe I should think about buying a copy of 2008 since there are boatloats of information available but not much is to be found for the Madden 05 game....

We'll see.... :?

Rixster67r
Hall of Fame

Postby Rixster67r » Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:10 pm

That I know of no one has attempted to mod 05 and I can tell you that the rosters are touchy when you mod them.....

As far as gameplay it actually plays really good and has strong defense while 06 has no defense and too much offense

Madden 07 has really good gameplay the best of the PC series in my opinion but lacks in graphics......

Madden 08 is your best bet and there is a lot of mods available for it.....

Return to “Madden 2005 PC”