Ah ha! Just what I needed!

Austinmario13
Hall of Fame

Re: Ah ha! Just what I needed!

Postby Austinmario13 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:22 pm

Danchat wrote:I still stand by my belief that Cousins should have been a 2nd/3rd round pick.
I was also right about Wilson becoming a starter, too. I may have been wrong when I said Tannehill should have been a 3rd round pick.

The Redskins probably shouldn't have drafted him in the first place. 'Cause now you have two franchise QBs. One is a scrambler and converted receiver, one is a balanced under-drafted rookie kind of like Tom Brady.

Sponsor

Sponsor

NickyJ
Hall of Fame

Postby NickyJ » Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:42 pm

Austinmario wrote:
Danchat wrote:I still stand by my belief that Cousins should have been a 2nd/3rd round pick.
I was also right about Wilson becoming a starter, too. I may have been wrong when I said Tannehill should have been a 3rd round pick.

The Redskins probably shouldn't have drafted him in the first place. 'Cause now you have two franchise QBs. One is a scrambler and converted receiver, one is a balanced under-drafted rookie kind of like Tom Brady.

Actually, despite what I thought when we first drafted, I now think it was a brilliant pick. He's light years better than Grossman, won us two extremely important games, and is simply good depth. And if we play this right, we could try to get draft picks from teams that might want him if he continues to excel in the future.

NFLVICK7
MVP

Postby NFLVICK7 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:44 pm

Austinmario wrote:

I wouldn't call cousins a franchise QB just yet. He isn't on RG3's level. Look at Matt Flynn, Scott Mitchell, Rob Johnson, Kevin Kolb. All back up QBs who had some good games and got big contracts. Mitchell is the only one who ever rly had a good season after the contract.

Now Cousins may turn into a great QB, but its too early to crown him yet.
The Eagle's Hopes And Dreams

Sidelion
MVP

Postby Sidelion » Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:34 am

NFLVICK7 wrote:I wouldn't call cousins a franchise QB just yet. He isn't on RG3's level. Look at Matt Flynn, Scott Mitchell, Rob Johnson, Kevin Kolb. All back up QBs who had some good games and got big contracts. Mitchell is the only one who ever rly had a good season after the contract.

And Mitchell only had ONE good season at that: 1995. Otherwise he was obnoxiously mediocre with Herman "I was Megatron before Megatron" Moore, Perriman, and Morton at WR and Sloan at TE. Chuck Schmidt, being the idiot GM he was, signed Mitchell to a massive contract... which led to us releasing Krieg after 1994.

To give you an idea of the drastic difference between the two on the '94 Lions...

Dave Krieg: 5-2, 1618 yds, 61.8%, 14 TDs, 3 INT

Scott Mitchell: 4-5, 1456 yds, 48.4%, 10 TDs, 11 INT
"Why do you go away? So that you can come back.
So that you can see the place you came from with new eyes and extra colors.
And the people there see you differently, too."

NFLVICK7
MVP

Postby NFLVICK7 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:59 pm

Sidelion wrote:
NFLVICK7 wrote:I wouldn't call cousins a franchise QB just yet. He isn't on RG3's level. Look at Matt Flynn, Scott Mitchell, Rob Johnson, Kevin Kolb. All back up QBs who had some good games and got big contracts. Mitchell is the only one who ever rly had a good season after the contract.

And Mitchell only had ONE good season at that: 1995. Otherwise he was obnoxiously mediocre with Herman "I was Megatron before Megatron" Moore, Perriman, and Morton at WR and Sloan at TE. Chuck Schmidt, being the idiot GM he was, signed Mitchell to a massive contract... which led to us releasing Krieg after 1994.

To give you an idea of the drastic difference between the two on the '94 Lions...

Dave Krieg: 5-2, 1618 yds, 61.8%, 14 TDs, 3 INT

Scott Mitchell: 4-5, 1456 yds, 48.4%, 10 TDs, 11 INT

Exactly. Idk what the hell got into Mitchell that one good season. I mean he had some talent, but to play so great one year, then just bomb out the rest. I still don't get it
The Eagle's Hopes And Dreams

Return to “NFC East”