EAGLES QB SPOT

Austinmario13
Hall of Fame

Re: EAGLES QB SPOT

Postby Austinmario13 » Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:39 am

RevanFan wrote:
Austinmario13 wrote:And about Robert Griffin III? Jerry Jones is gonna get him.

Yeah, that's not gonna happen. For some reason, Jerry is fine with having Weeden until Romo retires, and then they'll draft someone new.

I doubted the articles on NFL.com too. It's more of a joke to me now. Just like the Cowboys drafting Manziel (good dodge).

Sponsor

Sponsor

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:42 am

Austinmario13 wrote:
RevanFan wrote:
Austinmario13 wrote:And about Robert Griffin III? Jerry Jones is gonna get him.

Yeah, that's not gonna happen. For some reason, Jerry is fine with having Weeden until Romo retires, and then they'll draft someone new.

I doubted the articles on NFL.com too. It's more of a joke to me now. Just like the Cowboys drafting Manziel (good dodge).

Well, Jerry badly wanted him, but Stephen convinced him to take Martin. Look how that worked out.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

NickyJ
Hall of Fame

Postby NickyJ » Thu Feb 12, 2015 1:15 am

The problem with letting RG3 run free is that he's brittle. When he ran free in '12, he was awesome, but he kept taking hits, and it's what got his knee destroyed in the Ravens game. After that season, it was all about converting him into a pocket passer so that he wouldn't take hits.

In hindsight, that was the most stupid decision we've made in a long time, considering our offensive line's latest major signing is an overpaid, overwhelmingly underwhelming Browns guard and a washed up Ravens reject. The coaches designed the offense to be pocket passing, and with no place to run, all our QBs were hammered. Griffin held onto the ball like he would if he was told to scramble, so he put up ugly sack numbers. Kirk gunned the ball away as fast as he could and paid for it in interceptions. Colt sort of sucked the least, but that isn't saying much. He's basically what we hoped Kirk would be when we first drafted him: A solid backup who could manage a game or two.

If Griffin went to the Eagles or another team, and they're willing to cater to his skills, he'd thrive there. In Washington, we paid such a huge price to get him that him "risking injury" by scrambling turned into an unpopular strategy, and anything resembling it is lashed out at by fans. On other teams, you don't have that burden to keep the toy clean and shiny, so I wouldn't be surprised to see him do well. He also wouldn't have to deal with fans bashing his every move 24/7. (I mean, seriously, people called him a diva for talking too much. When he shut up and wouldn't talk to reporters, those same people said he's pouting and doesn't talk enough :roll: .)

Anyway, I digress. I suppose Foles might not have kept the magic of 2013, but I'd still hold onto him. The free agent crop looks weak, and none of the rookies seem like they're surefire successes, and if you don't have SOMEONE, then you're going to be in quite a fix. For better or for worse, RG3 looks like he's going to be staying in Washington this season.

Randall12
MVP

Postby Randall12 » Thu Feb 12, 2015 7:25 am

We ditched JACKSON because he would never finish his route on a play that's mean't for LESEAN MCCOY to run with the ball with the massive run lanes created by people thinking Jackson is getting the ball.

His EGO did not help either and Chip Kelly apparently does not put up with that stuff.

NFLVICK7
MVP

Postby NFLVICK7 » Thu Feb 12, 2015 10:49 am

Randall12 wrote:We ditched JACKSON because he would never finish his route on a play that's mean't for LESEAN MCCOY to run with the ball with the massive run lanes created by people thinking Jackson is getting the ball.

His EGO did not help either and Chip Kelly apparently does not put up with that stuff.

Honestly they should have just put up with it. Randy Moss used to do the same thing on run plays.

If We had jackson this season our offense would have been even better.

As much as I like what Chip Kelly has done, That move pissed me off. Because I don't think it had anything to do with his play. The Eagles in Typical Eagles fashion didn't want to pay him his money, so they made up that hole "hes a gang member" story for an excuse to cut him.
The Eagle's Hopes And Dreams

ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Postby ultimatum77 » Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:15 am

NFLVICK7 wrote:
NickyJ wrote:For RG3 to work there, you'd need a good O-Line. He's regressed since his ROTY season. If you wanted to use him as a scrambling QB with a moving pocket, then you might have something, but if you want him standing in the pocket, you're going to need a good line. He's damaged goods after the way we handled him the past few seasons, so he'd need a place that build's its offense towards him.

Yea but u gotta remember the eagles don't have a normal offense. its a fast paced wide open offense, and the ball is normally out of the Qbs hand quickly. The pass rush gets tried early because of the pace, and also rg3 can elude the rush if they happen to get thru. It's really a perfect fit for him.

And I don't think he's regressed as much as they just stopped doing read option all together. Somewhere along the line people got the notion that NFL defenses figured out the read option. They didn't, offenses just stopped using it. Same thing with the 49ers and Kaep. Mix it in every once in a while and you keep the defenses at bay. Why draft a QB with speed then have him sit in the pocket at all times? that's dumb. These OC's need to stop trying to fit a square peg into a round hole. Look at Seattle. They let Wilson play to his strengths instead of forcing him to be a certain type of QB, and they almost won two SB's in a row.

Coaches need to stop trying to force players to fit a system, and start adjusting their system to fit personnel.

I totally agree with you, once the read option plays were scrapped by Kaep and RG3's OC's they became average mediocre qb's, the threat of them running is enough to open up lanes for other players on the offense. Without the read option, teams can play more aggressively on defense because they know the qb's most likely won't run from the pocket.

Asking running qb's to throw from the pocket like a statue is not natural and is like rewiring the qb's brain. He may have 8 yards ahead of him for a scramble but because the OC' insists he throw from the pocket he does and then gets an incomplete pass on 3rd down when he could have run for the 1st down. Running qb's have more success when they are allowed to move the pocket or from the pocket as it moves db's out of place leading to bigger plays downfield.
The problem is not the qb's I think it is the playcalling particulary too stubborn OC's of the "always did it this way" type. Gruden is ruining Rg3 even with all the injury issues, I don't think his style suits Rg3's skill set and Washington may be giving up too soon on RG. RG3 will definately succeed in another offense like Chip Kelly's. Gruden was a very bad hire for washington.....

Letting Desean go was a very bad move, he does have a big ego but he is a guy that can give a spark with a huge catch or even punt return. Without him the eagles lack that X factor WR, Maclin and the other are average at best. They can't go and dominate a game every single week.

As for Foles, I thought he was overrated in real life and (even by the roster from the mod last year I mean really he is not a qb with throw accuracy of 90 come on!). I think now that DC's have got some game tape on him he will decline even further. If I were the eagles I would look to draft Mariota or if not him at least get a good backup like hoyer in FA to push foles. Maybe he'll bounce back but I doubt it. At least he will be good trade bait for at least a 3rd or 4th rounder.....
For help running madden please consult my guide and posts from fellow users here....thanks! (link below) viewtopic.php?f=22&t=17907
I'm not on site much, so if I don't respond it's b/c I haven't checked in a while.

Randall12
MVP

Postby Randall12 » Thu Feb 12, 2015 3:08 pm

MOSS Doesn't have any SuperBowl Rings I believe :) , I do know he went their and got beat by a 7-9 Wild Card Giants. :lol:

Well here's the other thing with jackson, He was 5'10 and weighed what ? 150 ? Get Snapped in half and their goes your season, That's a better excuse to rid of him.

I rather role with the WRs that Chicago has, They got 4 guys that are 6'4 :)

NickyJ
Hall of Fame

Postby NickyJ » Thu Feb 12, 2015 3:47 pm

Randall12 wrote:MOSS Doesn't have any SuperBowl Rings I believe :) , I do know he went their and got beat by a 7-9 Wild Card Giants. :lol:

Well here's the other thing with jackson, He was 5'10 and weighed what ? 150 ? Get Snapped in half and their goes your season, That's a better excuse to rid of him.

I rather role with the WRs that Chicago has, They got 4 guys that are 6'4 :)

He's played for seven years and never got "snapped in half". The only excuse Philly has for cutting him is that he was going to cost money. They're not going to admit it because gutting their best WR after making the playoffs wouldn't fly well with the fans. Put out junk about him being him being deep with gangs and whatever, and a cheap excuse is crafted.

Randall12
MVP

Postby Randall12 » Thu Feb 12, 2015 4:14 pm

EAGLES need to do a DALLAS Move. SIGN Guys for like 20 years. Who cares if we suck, just 1 damn SB Win :mrgreen:

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Thu Feb 12, 2015 4:35 pm

Randall12 wrote:EAGLES need to do a DALLAS Move. SIGN Guys for like 20 years. Who cares if we suck, just 1 damn SB Win :mrgreen:

Dallas doesn't do that anymore. If we did, we'd already have Dez, DeMarco, and McClain locked up for 5-6 years, and we'd have kept DeMarcus Ware.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

Return to “Philadelphia Eagles”