EAGLES QB SPOT

Randall12
MVP

EAGLES QB SPOT

Postby Randall12 » Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:33 am

Either way, The Eagles need another QB, We are not keeping Sanchez as a back up and Matt Barkley is a joke.

Do we trade up for Marcus ? Also heard rumors about Making a trade for RG3 ? Or Skins cut him and we get him for free by signing.

EAGLES QB SPOT

Sponsor

Sponsor

NickyJ
Hall of Fame

Re: EAGLES QB SPOT

Postby NickyJ » Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:50 pm

What's up with Philly wanting to ditch Foles? He seemed fine to me.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Wed Feb 11, 2015 2:39 pm

NickyJ wrote:What's up with Philly wanting to ditch Foles? He seemed fine to me.

He seemed average. Better than the crap spewing out of a lot of teams *cough*Cleveland*cough*. However, I don't really feel he'll ever be a great starting quarterback. Of course, despite all the hope I had for RG3, I don't think that will happen any more, either. I hope they both do well, and I hope Philly keeps Foles, but tries to help him get better as a quarterback. I don't think Mariota, or any quarterback in this draft, will be a good starter right away.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

NFLVICK7
MVP

Postby NFLVICK7 » Wed Feb 11, 2015 3:06 pm

RevanFan wrote:
NickyJ wrote:What's up with Philly wanting to ditch Foles? He seemed fine to me.

He seemed average. Better than the crap spewing out of a lot of teams *cough*Cleveland*cough*. However, I don't really feel he'll ever be a great starting quarterback. Of course, despite all the hope I had for RG3, I don't think that will happen any more, either. I hope they both do well, and I hope Philly keeps Foles, but tries to help him get better as a quarterback. I don't think Mariota, or any quarterback in this draft, will be a good starter right away.

RG3 would be good with the Eagles offense. Look how Sanchez played, and now add a guy who's faster, more accurate and has a better arm.

Foles is trash. He had one good season than he got figure out. Even early in the season he played really bad. The defense and special teams helped him.

He still holds the ball way too long, and makes bone headed throws. I'd honestly rather roll with Sanchez than Foles.
The Eagle's Hopes And Dreams

Randall12
MVP

Postby Randall12 » Wed Feb 11, 2015 3:52 pm

YES.

I thought Nick Foles looked like HERMAN MUNSTER playing football.

NickyJ
Hall of Fame

Postby NickyJ » Wed Feb 11, 2015 6:03 pm

For RG3 to work there, you'd need a good O-Line. He's regressed since his ROTY season. If you wanted to use him as a scrambling QB with a moving pocket, then you might have something, but if you want him standing in the pocket, you're going to need a good line. He's damaged goods after the way we handled him the past few seasons, so he'd need a place that build's its offense towards him.

NFLVICK7
MVP

Postby NFLVICK7 » Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:40 pm

NickyJ wrote:For RG3 to work there, you'd need a good O-Line. He's regressed since his ROTY season. If you wanted to use him as a scrambling QB with a moving pocket, then you might have something, but if you want him standing in the pocket, you're going to need a good line. He's damaged goods after the way we handled him the past few seasons, so he'd need a place that build's its offense towards him.

Yea but u gotta remember the eagles don't have a normal offense. its a fast paced wide open offense, and the ball is normally out of the Qbs hand quickly. The pass rush gets tried early because of the pace, and also rg3 can elude the rush if they happen to get thru. It's really a perfect fit for him.

And I don't think he's regressed as much as they just stopped doing read option all together. Somewhere along the line people got the notion that NFL defenses figured out the read option. They didn't, offenses just stopped using it. Same thing with the 49ers and Kaep. Mix it in every once in a while and you keep the defenses at bay. Why draft a QB with speed then have him sit in the pocket at all times? that's dumb. These OC's need to stop trying to fit a square peg into a round hole. Look at Seattle. They let Wilson play to his strengths instead of forcing him to be a certain type of QB, and they almost won two SB's in a row.

Coaches need to stop trying to force players to fit a system, and start adjusting their system to fit personnel.

Austinmario13
Hall of Fame

Postby Austinmario13 » Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:06 am

NFLVICK7 wrote:Coaches need to stop trying to force players to fit a system, and start adjusting their system to fit personnel.

That's why Jay Gruden didn't do well with RG3. He prefered a balanced QB like Kirk Cousins, but Cousins was exposed when he started. I think Colt McCoy's a good fit for the Redskins as long as he can stay healthy.

Foles is a good QB, he just can't handle a fast paced offense. He didn't have enough time to go through his progression. Instead, he just threw the ball hoping it wouldn't be an interception. Plus, losing DeSean Jackson was a big blow to that Eagles offense. It was Foles' favorite receiver.

And about Robert Griffin III? Jerry Jones is gonna get him.

NFLVICK7
MVP

Postby NFLVICK7 » Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:19 am

Austinmario13 wrote:
NFLVICK7 wrote:Coaches need to stop trying to force players to fit a system, and start adjusting their system to fit personnel.

That's why Jay Gruden didn't do well with RG3. He prefered a balanced QB like Kirk Cousins, but Cousins was exposed when he started. I think Colt McCoy's a good fit for the Redskins as long as he can stay healthy.

Foles is a good QB, he just can't handle a fast paced offense. He didn't have enough time to go through his progression. Instead, he just threw the ball hoping it wouldn't be an interception. Plus, losing DeSean Jackson was a big blow to that Eagles offense. It was Foles' favorite receiver.

And about Robert Griffin III? Jerry Jones is gonna get him.

If Sanchez could have success without Jackson Foles should be able to as well.

He just can't pull the trigger on tight throws. and in the NFL you don't get as many wide open throws. So it results in him taking a sack, or throwing late and getting picked.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:34 am

Austinmario13 wrote:And about Robert Griffin III? Jerry Jones is gonna get him.

Yeah, that's not gonna happen. For some reason, Jerry is fine with having Weeden until Romo retires, and then they'll draft someone new.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

Return to “Philadelphia Eagles”