Free Agent frenzy - 2022 edition

BigDaddyCool
All-Pro

Postby BigDaddyCool » Tue Mar 15, 2022 1:29 pm

Well the Rams had an interesting day one of free agency...

- they re-signed Joe Noteboom to a three year deal.
- Brian Allen re-signed to a three year deal of his own.
- Coleman Shelton signed to a two year deal.

And now this morning, Andrew Whitworth officially announced his retirement.

So with Big Whit calling it a day that's going to free up some cap space for us to enable us to do some other deals. Re-signing Von Miller and OBJ just became a lot easier now, but there might be one signing that's in the offing that if it happens could create a domino effect and ensure that Miller and OBJ re-sign....

Les Snead just has to pull the trigger and get Bobby Wagner in Rams horns.

Think about what that linebacking crew would be like: you would have Von Miller on one end, Ernest Jones next to him, Bobby Wagner at the other inside spot and Leonard Floyd holding down the other end.

Up front you would still have A'Shawn Robinson, Greg Gaines and - oh yeah that Donald guy disrupting everything in sight. Plus you have Jalen Ramsey in the secondary with Nick Scott doing his thing and the Rams are one of the top teams in the NFC alongside the Bucs (now that Brady is doing his Brett Farve imitation) and Packers.

Besides, bringing in Bobby Wagner shows that the Rams are serious about stopping what has become one of the biggest thorns in their sides last season. The main purpose for bringing in Bobby Wagner would be to stop Debo Samuel. 'Nuf said.
BIGDADDYCOOL IS YA HOOKUP...HOLLA IF YA HEAR ME!!!!!!!

Sponsor

Sponsor

Austinmario13
Hall of Fame

Re: Free Agent frenzy - 2022 edition

Postby Austinmario13 » Thu Mar 17, 2022 10:37 am

It's not looking good for the Cowboys. That's all I'm gonna say.

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Mon Mar 21, 2022 3:26 pm

Lots of good FA moves so far around the league. The AFC West is now my top division. The Chargers, Raiders and Broncos have been very active adding many high quality players to their rosters. Maybe all four teams make the playoffs this coming season, maybe.

Kansas City Chiefs Sign JuJu Smith-Schuster to a one year deal. That's a great pickup for our passing game. But the Chiefs should add a quality RB to help balance the offensive attack. Signing safety Justin Reid is also a good move in case Tyronn M. moves on. The defense has a few holes to fill DT, DE, FS, CB and MLB.

They've been given 2 compensatory draft picks for this upcoming draft (9 total picks). I hope they start the draft by using their first pick on a CB or DT, best player available.

This should be a very interesting off-season for the NFL teams. I want to see where Baker Mayfield lands since he's not adult enough to play for the Brownies any more :lol: .
Also stud MLB Bobby Wagner, he wants to play for a legit contender, where will he land?

Edit: more QB laughers:

Matt Ryan to Indianapolis Colts - Ryan had to end up somewhere.

Wentz to Washington Commanders - He lost his mojo three years ago. Mid-season meltdown looming. Rivera not going to pamper Wnetz like Reich did.

Marcus Mariota to Atlanta Falcons - better not be considered as their starter. They will surely draft a QB this coming draft.

BUS36
Hall of Fame

Postby BUS36 » Wed Mar 23, 2022 7:39 pm

MikeWest502....

Hill going to the Dolphins...that is going to hurt but signing JuJu will take some of that loss away. Plus, now having 2 -#1, 2-#2 and 2-#4 picks in this year draft will help reload the Chiefs.
I bleed BLACK N GOLD

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Thu Mar 24, 2022 12:48 am

BUS36 wrote:MikeWest502....

Hill going to the Dolphins...that is going to hurt but signing JuJu will take some of that loss away. Plus, now having 2 -#1, 2-#2 and 2-#4 picks in this year draft will help reload the Chiefs.

Yeah, Hill will surely be missed. But getting so much "five" draft picks does work in KC's favor. Hill became highest paid WR in the game. Great for him. But like you stated Ju-Ju will fill the void and reigns as our No.1 WR now. He'll get his chance to really prove his no.1 status now playing with a much, much better QB in Mahomes. I think Ju-Ju will have his best season yet.

KC now have 12 picks in the coming draft, talk about draft capital, omg. They have room to make more really good moves to get quality players and young talent. I'm excited to see what goes down.

BigDaddyCool
All-Pro

Postby BigDaddyCool » Thu Mar 31, 2022 4:42 pm

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

FB_IMG_1648758322025.jpg
FB_IMG_1648758322025.jpg (65.89 KiB) Viewed 2454 times
BIGDADDYCOOL IS YA HOOKUP...HOLLA IF YA HEAR ME!!!!!!!

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Thu Mar 31, 2022 9:41 pm

What I found odd about Bobby Wagner's signing was, it was reported that only two team's made legit offers to him. The man's a beast and would make every team's defense much better. You'd think that all 32 teams would have gone after him. Now the Ram's defense reminds me of the Raven's of the early 2000's, studs on every level. Oh well, moving on.

Edit: Another oddity with my Chiefs is signing Valdes‑Scantling to 3yr 30 mil contract. Could have had Wagner or someone that caliber easy. Or, a better Slot WR like Jarvis Landry. Valdes‑Scantling is not worth $10 mil per. :? And why is Josh Gordon still around? Clearly he's a failed project.

Return to “Los Angeles Rams”