Terrell Owens: 'I'm no longer a Seahawk'

PML17
Hall of Fame

Postby PML17 » Sun Aug 26, 2012 3:27 pm

According to Terrell Owens, he is no longer a member of the Seattle Seahawks.

The 38-year-old receiver spread the news via Twitter on Sunday:

@terrellowens
I'm no longer a Seahawk. I THANK the organization 4 the opportunity, I'm truly blessed beyond belief. My FAITH is intact & will NOT waiver.

The Seahawks haven't confirmed the release, but a team spokesman told NFL.com and NFL Network that an announcement of some sort would be made on Sunday.

It's not a surprising move by coach Pete Carroll. Owens failed to separate himself from Braylon Edwards and the rest of Seattle's receivers in three subpar preseason games with the Seahawks.

Outside of a beautiful circus catch against the Kansas City Chiefs on Friday, Owens didn't look like a serious candidate to the roster. He was toyed with by defenders and we saw him drop too many catchable balls. He still has the speed -- he still looks 25 -- but something was missing.

Reports out of Seattle suggested Owens had displayed some of his patented headache-generating behavior of old during practices. A younger, more productive weapon gets away with the enigmatic persona -- not a late 30-something who can't hang on to the ball.

It's been a wild year for Owens, but this move likely marks the end of the football portion of 2012 for the long-time veteran.

Follow Marc Sessler on Twitter @MarcSesslerNFL.
Retired from the Fourm. I check back in once a month, sorry in advance for late replies.

Sponsor

Sponsor

truetothegame13
MVP

Re: Terrell Owens: 'I'm no longer a Seahawk'

Postby truetothegame13 » Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:57 pm

seems like when receivers reach a level & then fall off, they cant ever get back on. thinking the same will be for randy moss.
My Corner (my threads): Includes tips for graphics, settings, screen resolution, sliders. Great roster resources from multi-platforms (converting/porting). 4GB patch for 64-bit processors.

NickyJ
Hall of Fame

Re: Terrell Owens: 'I'm no longer a Seahawk'

Postby NickyJ » Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:00 pm

Hey, look! Chad Ochocinco is waving at him from the unemployment line! Looks like he saved T.O. a spot!

But seriously, it doesn't surprise me.

truetothegame13 wrote:seems like when receivers reach a level & then fall off, they cant ever get back on. thinking the same will be for randy moss.

From what I've heard, Moss has been doing fine so far.

Return to “Seattle Seahawks”