FAIRWELL TO FORTE

1312qohelet
Hall of Fame

FAIRWELL TO FORTE

Postby 1312qohelet » Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:32 pm

I'm really bummed out here.....this one irks me to no end. He wanted to stay, implied he would give a hometown discount. What the f***? Sure, he never was, and never will be a touchdown king, but he moved the chains a hundred different ways. Damn, keep Jay and let Forte walk? I can't make any sense out of that and I am a supporter of Cutler, more or less. Good luck to Mr. Forte, I wish him all the best. I hope he goes to new england or Seattle and fights for a couple rings. I'm sure Cam wouldn't mind tossin' the rock his way. It's quite obvious the bears don't deserve him. The list of players who have the best years of their career AFTER they leave Chicago (Greg Olsen, Brandon Marshall, among others) potentially gets another name.....shaking..my...head

FAIRWELL TO FORTE

Sponsor

Sponsor

ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Re: FAIRWELL TO FORTE

Postby ultimatum77 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:00 pm

1312qohelet wrote:I'm really bummed out here.....this one irks me to no end. He wanted to stay, implied he would give a hometown discount. What the f***? Sure, he never was, and never will be a touchdown king, but he moved the chains a hundred different ways. Damn, keep Jay and let Forte walk? I can't make any sense out of that and I am a supporter of Cutler, more or less. Good luck to Mr. Forte, I wish him all the best. I hope he goes to new england or Seattle and fights for a couple rings. I'm sure Cam wouldn't mind tossin' the rock his way. It's quite obvious the bears don't deserve him. The list of players who have the best years of their career AFTER they leave Chicago (Greg Olsen, Brandon Marshall, among others) potentially gets another name.....shaking..my...head

I hope Forte does well (most likely in NE) as Seattle likes their guy Rawls at RB. There is only one way to describe the Bears management----cheap. They took real long to give Forte an extension after his rookie contract expired, Then they sign a loser like Cutler to a massive contract, a guy with no leadership skills, who whines when things go wrong, lacks consistency, and not to mention the bears wanted to trade him (but no team was stupid enough to take that dumb contract).Forte>Cutler period. They should cut Cutler as soon as possible (I believe the team has an option this offseason as I think his contract for the new season is not fully guaranteed. Forte still has a solid 2-3 yrs left as a reggie bush type back (pass catching and screens, solid 2nd string RB on 3rd down etc.)Dude has been pretty durable during his career but has a lot of miles on his legs....
For help running madden please consult my guide and posts from fellow users here....thanks! (link below) viewtopic.php?f=22&t=17907
I'm not on site much, so if I don't respond it's b/c I haven't checked in a while.

1312qohelet
Hall of Fame

Postby 1312qohelet » Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:17 pm

ultimatum77 wrote:
1312qohelet wrote:I'm really bummed out here.....this one irks me to no end. He wanted to stay, implied he would give a hometown discount. What the f***? Sure, he never was, and never will be a touchdown king, but he moved the chains a hundred different ways. Damn, keep Jay and let Forte walk? I can't make any sense out of that and I am a supporter of Cutler, more or less. Good luck to Mr. Forte, I wish him all the best. I hope he goes to new england or Seattle and fights for a couple rings. I'm sure Cam wouldn't mind tossin' the rock his way. It's quite obvious the bears don't deserve him. The list of players who have the best years of their career AFTER they leave Chicago (Greg Olsen, Brandon Marshall, among others) potentially gets another name.....shaking..my...head

I hope Forte does well (most likely in NE) as Seattle likes their guy Rawls at RB. There is only one way to describe the Bears management----cheap. They took real long to give Forte an extension after his rookie contract expired, Then they sign a loser like Cutler to a massive contract, a guy with no leadership skills, who whines when things go wrong, lacks consistency, and not to mention the bears wanted to trade him (but no team was stupid enough to take that dumb contract).Forte>Cutler period. They should cut Cutler as soon as possible (I believe the team has an option this offseason as I think his contract for the new season is not fully guaranteed. Forte still has a solid 2-3 yrs left as a reggie bush type back (pass catching and screens, solid 2nd string RB on 3rd down etc.)Dude has been pretty durable during his career but has a lot of miles on his legs....

Reggie Bush type?? Wow....I realize you are just making a reference, but Reggie Bush doesn't deserve to be mentioned in the same sentence as Matt Forte. That dude peaked in college, he isn't qualified to carry Forte's jock-strap. And yes, we are stuck with Cutler this year, for better or worse....the option is for next off-season

Austinmario13
Hall of Fame

Postby Austinmario13 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:51 pm

Jay Cutler did tremendously better than he did last year; getting benched at the end of the year. On the other hand, I am surprised that the Bears would let Matt Forte test Free Agency. What if he goes to one of the division rivals? That would be karma in it's worst fashion. I'm guessing it's because they have other running backs and/or are going to draft one.

1312qohelet
Hall of Fame

Postby 1312qohelet » Sat Feb 13, 2016 12:07 am

Austinmario13 wrote:Jay Cutler did tremendously better than he did last year; getting benched at the end of the year. On the other hand, I am surprised that the Bears would let Matt Forte test Free Agency. What if he goes to one of the division rivals? That would be karma in it's worst fashion. I'm guessing it's because they have other running backs and/or are going to draft one.

Well, supposedly Jeremy Langford is da "bellcow" of da future for da bears. From what I've seen, he's alright, but he's still a step back, even from a 30 year old Forte. And the word so far is they're not just going to let him test free agency, they have informed him that they are not going to bring him back for 2016. I agree with you, Green Bay could snatch him up...after 8 years in chi-town, he is definately no stranger to cold weather. This is bad ju-ju all around

ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Postby ultimatum77 » Sat Feb 13, 2016 2:08 am

1312qohelet wrote:
ultimatum77 wrote:

Reggie Bush type?? Wow....I realize you are just making a reference, but Reggie Bush doesn't deserve to be mentioned in the same sentence as Matt Forte. That dude peaked in college, he isn't qualified to carry Forte's jock-strap. And yes, we are stuck with Cutler this year, for better or worse....the option is for next off-season

Lol, all I was referencing was the pass catching/playmaker type back, Reggie Bush has underachieved for most of his pro career whereas forte has been very consistent when on the field....I guess a better comparison would be like a darren sproles type back who excels on passing downs and occasionally can do run's of 10-15 yards based on pure speed and shiftiness alone....

It would be the ultimate revenge for Forte if he went to the bears like peppers and had a resurgent year with an actual qb rodgers instead of a bad one like cutler.....
For help running madden please consult my guide and posts from fellow users here....thanks! (link below) viewtopic.php?f=22&t=17907
I'm not on site much, so if I don't respond it's b/c I haven't checked in a while.

1312qohelet
Hall of Fame

Postby 1312qohelet » Sat Feb 13, 2016 3:30 am

ultimatum77 wrote:
It would be the ultimate revenge for Forte if he went to the bears like peppers and had a resurgent year with an actual qb rodgers instead of a bad one like cutler.....

I get what you're saying but, Sproles can't light a candle, either. The next two years will probably determine whether, or not, Forte makes the HALL. The only way Bush or Sproles will ever get there would be a Bus ticket. Same as you, or me. Now, to Cutler.....he has questionable leadership and makes over-aggressive, bad throws, but he's better than half of the starting quarterbacks in the NFL. He is incossistent, but has a top-3 arm (alot of folks say #1) and makes throws that most qb's only dream of making. Does he deserve his current contract? Hell no! Not even half! But I never knew where this "whining" thing came from...haters make that up, or repeat it from someone who repeated it from someone who made it up. He has had a bad attitude at times, years ago. Fought with a team mate once, or twice, not to mention a douchebag OC, and a primadonna WR with borderline personality disorder (another player they should have kept). But I have NEVER heard him "whine" when things don't go his way. And things never go his way, he's only been to the playoffs one time in a ten year career. Could the bears get a better qb? Possibly, not likely in the next few years. Could they get a worse qb? A near certainty. Without him, last year they would have been 2 and 14, instead of 5-11. Peanuts, I know, but 3 W's is 3 W's. He will never carry a team, but if Denver can win with what Manning is now, the bears can win with Cutler. They need so much help, it's pointless to even discuss it, really. Talk to me the year after next year.....maybe the following year, or the year after that. Until then, hey, water polo is pretty cool....or international table-tennis!!! I hear china's on a hot streak! Anyone?

ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Postby ultimatum77 » Sun Feb 14, 2016 4:34 am

1312qohelet wrote:
ultimatum77 wrote:

I get what you're saying but, Sproles can't light a candle, either. The next two years will probably determine whether, or not, Forte makes the HALL. The only way Bush or Sproles will ever get there would be a Bus ticket. Same as you, or me. Now, to Cutler.....he has questionable leadership and makes over-aggressive, bad throws, but he's better than half of the starting quarterbacks in the NFL. He is incossistent, but has a top-3 arm (alot of folks say #1) and makes throws that most qb's only dream of making. Does he deserve his current contract? Hell no! Not even half! But I never knew where this "whining" thing came from...haters make that up, or repeat it from someone who repeated it from someone who made it up. He has had a bad attitude at times, years ago. Fought with a team mate once, or twice, not to mention a douchebag OC, and a primadonna WR with borderline personality disorder (another player they should have kept). But I have NEVER heard him "whine" when things don't go his way. And things never go his way, he's only been to the playoffs one time in a ten year career. Could the bears get a better qb? Possibly, not likely in the next few years. Could they get a worse qb? A near certainty. Without him, last year they would have been 2 and 14, instead of 5-11. Peanuts, I know, but 3 W's is 3 W's. He will never carry a team, but if Denver can win with what Manning is now, the bears can win with Cutler. They need so much help, it's pointless to even discuss it, really. Talk to me the year after next year.....maybe the following year, or the year after that. Until then, hey, water polo is pretty cool....or international table-tennis!!! I hear china's on a hot streak! Anyone?

Lol water polo, I agree Forte has been good, but I think he will decline just because of age/and also be a backup role (less playing time). Cutler is just leeching the bears of money. We can agree to disagree, I still think he is not a good qb, most other guys are better than him...heck I would take matt stafford over cutler any day. They have similar playing styles (and I know the excuse of megatron will be used) but Cutler has had talent like Marshall around so he has no excuse. Plus when tretsman was there he couldn't do much but his backup mccown did very well.....his rep is as a coach/oc killer and it is true no one is making that up.....Mike Martz, Tretsman, Lovie Smith. The guy may have a great arm but he is reckless with his shot taking and I don't think he can read defenses for where he should be in his career (what 13th year in league or something?) I don't know him personally but I think he lacks effort in studying defenses and just brett favreing it with backyard type/improv plays isn't going to cut it in this league anymore. Defenses are faster, more disciplined and know tendencie of teams/players better thanks to advanced metrics/stats and video/replay. The Bears should look to restructure the deal, because no one is going to come get cutler off their hands with his current price tag....

1312qohelet
Hall of Fame

Postby 1312qohelet » Sun Feb 14, 2016 4:49 am

ultimatum77 wrote:
1312qohelet wrote:
ultimatum77 wrote:

Lol water polo, I agree Forte has been good, but I think he will decline just because of age/and also be a backup role (less playing time). Cutler is just leeching the bears of money. We can agree to disagree, I still think he is not a good qb, most other guys are better than him...heck I would take matt stafford over cutler any day. They have similar playing styles (and I know the excuse of megatron will be used) but Cutler has had talent like Marshall around so he has no excuse. Plus when tretsman was there he couldn't do much but his backup mccown did very well.....his rep is as a coach/oc killer and it is true no one is making that up.....Mike Martz, Tretsman, Lovie Smith. The guy may have a great arm but he is reckless with his shot taking and I don't think he can read defenses for where he should be in his career (what 13th year in league or something?) I don't know him personally but I think he lacks effort in studying defenses and just brett favreing it with backyard type/improv plays isn't going to cut it in this league anymore. Defenses are faster, more disciplined and know tendencie of teams/players better thanks to advanced metrics/stats and video/replay. The Bears should look to restructure the deal, because no one is going to come get cutler off their hands with his current price tag....

Lovie's career in chicago ran it's natural course. Martz was incompetent, and he's the reason Greg Olsen is is in Carolina. Trestman wasn't the real coach in chicago, Lance Briggs, Brandon Marshall, and Jeremiah Ratliff walked all over him. Ans ask any Baltimore Raven fan what they think of Trestman. And, yeah Cutty does have a "coach killer" rep, whether deserved, or not. But, You said "he whines when things aren't going good". I say "when?" He's a career loser and I have never heard him whine about anything. Sulk, yeah but, every player in every sport on earth sulks.

Return to “Chicago Bears”