Worst team in the NFL

1312qohelet
Hall of Fame

Re: Worst team in the NFL

Postby 1312qohelet » Tue Sep 20, 2016 4:46 pm

Danchat wrote:I don't think it's time to panic that much. The Bears lost around 6 starters to injury during last night's game, so it's only natural they played so poorly.

They're definitely not worse than the Browns. That team barely has any talent on it, not to mention they're already onto their 3rd string QB who was a borderline draftable prospect.

Oh, I am not panicking. I am just being realistic.
If the Bears played the Browns that would be action packed, drama filled must-see tv. Injuries, penalties, fumbles and pick six's all around.
I was expecting modest improvements on defense, but knew the offense would struggle.

I know Carson Wentz is very talented with a lot of potential.
Never the less, fact is last night the Bears D got rolled by an injury-prone, Rookie QB, from a Division-1 school, starting his 2nd NFL game. And this happened at home, AT HOME.

John Fox' record for home games since taking over as Bears HC is 1-8. 1 win, 8 losses at home.
There's no light at the end of the tunnel, either. Included in those 6 defensive starteres that went down with injury is Danny Trevathan - will have thumb surgery, out indefinitely. And LaMarr Houston - serious knee injury, per espn.

Sponsor

Sponsor

moonbax
MVP

Postby moonbax » Wed Sep 21, 2016 5:10 am

I know Goff hasn't played, but despite winning a home opener with 9 points I thought the Rams were certainly in the discussion for worst team, at least at the moment.

JSamuel
Hall of Fame

Postby JSamuel » Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:32 am

1312qohelet wrote:
Danchat wrote:I don't think it's time to panic that much. The Bears lost around 6 starters to injury during last night's game, so it's only natural they played so poorly.

They're definitely not worse than the Browns. That team barely has any talent on it, not to mention they're already onto their 3rd string QB who was a borderline draftable prospect.

Oh, I am not panicking. I am just being realistic.
If the Bears played the Browns that would be action packed, drama filled must-see tv. Injuries, penalties, fumbles and pick six's all around.
I was expecting modest improvements on defense, but knew the offense would struggle.

I know Carson Wentz is very talented with a lot of potential.
Never the less, fact is last night the Bears D got rolled by an injury-prone, Rookie QB, from a Division-1 school, starting his 2nd NFL game. And this happened at home, AT HOME.

John Fox' record for home games since taking over as Bears HC is 1-8. 1 win, 8 losses at home.
There's no light at the end of the tunnel, either. Included in those 6 defensive starteres that went down with injury is Danny Trevathan - will have thumb surgery, out indefinitely. And LaMarr Houston - serious knee injury, per espn.

Carson Wentz looks like Peyton Manning in the pocket. Sure, last year it would mean you sucked if you got beat by the Eagles, but this year the Eagles have Carson Wentz. And a good quarterback completely changes a team.

Carson Wentz Thread

AaronS
Hall of Fame

Postby AaronS » Wed Sep 21, 2016 10:19 am

Browns, IMO.

With Wentz success, they're staring a huge $%&# storm right in the face. How can that team pass on that guy?

.. eerily similar to the Bucs of the 1980s as I see it. Terminally hamstrung by horrible decisions.

BUS36
Hall of Fame

Postby BUS36 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 10:24 am

Eagles may look very good but they did play the Browns Week One and the Bears
I bleed BLACK N GOLD

1312qohelet
Hall of Fame

Postby 1312qohelet » Wed Sep 21, 2016 11:26 am

Carson Wentz looks like Peyton Manning in the pocket. Sure, last year it would mean you sucked if you got beat by the Eagles, but this year the Eagles have Carson Wentz. And a good quarterback completely changes a team.

What?
Wentz has had 2 pretty good games against the Browns and the Bears.

Remember last year, the games that Mariotta had to begin the season??

Wentz' fall is coming. But, how he responds after getting popped will tell us much more than his first two games have.
He won, that is a great thing, and nobody can take that from him, but pump the Brakes on the Peyton Manning comparison.

BUS36 wrote:Eagles may look very good but they did play the Browns Week One and the Bears

Precisely.

NickyJ
Hall of Fame

Postby NickyJ » Wed Sep 21, 2016 12:02 pm

ycleped wrote:So when the Steelers lose to the Eagles next week, will they be added to the discussions of the worst team in the NFL? Smh...

If I were a Steelers fan, I'd be insulted at being compared to the Browns and Bears.

BUS36
Hall of Fame

Postby BUS36 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 2:58 pm

By all accounts I believe even IF the Steelers lose to the Eagles we would be 2-1...Browns look to stay winless at 0-3 ...
I bleed BLACK N GOLD

1312qohelet
Hall of Fame

Postby 1312qohelet » Wed Sep 21, 2016 4:09 pm

NickyJ wrote:
ycleped wrote:So when the Steelers lose to the Eagles next week, will they be added to the discussions of the worst team in the NFL? Smh...

If I were a Steelers fan, I'd be insulted at being compared to the Browns and Bears.

That is an insult.
And I'm a Bears and Browns fan

ycleped
Hall of Fame

Postby ycleped » Wed Sep 21, 2016 4:26 pm

NickyJ wrote:

BUS36 wrote:By all accounts I believe even IF the Steelers lose to the Eagles we would be 2-1...Browns look to stay winless at 0-3 ...

1312qohelet wrote:
NickyJ wrote:

That is an insult.
And I'm a Bears and Browns fan

Relax, I was being sarcastic. What I was aiming to say was that y'all are so quick to call any team that the Eagles beat "the worst team in the NFL". Perhaps the Bears and Browns are both decent teams that lost to a pretty good team? The Eagles might be one of the better teams in the league, so it would be a big stretch to call either of those teams the worst just because they lost to Philly.
// Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for You are with me //

ImageImage
ImageImage

Return to “Chicago Bears”