Chicago Bears VS Houston Texans Week One Journal

spydermanj
Pro Bowl

Re: Chicago Bears VS Houston Texans Week One Journal

Postby spydermanj » Sun Sep 25, 2016 10:26 am

1312qohelet wrote:
spidermanj - I freakin love Forte. He was CONSISTENTLY a good running back, and probably my favorite player in Chicago. I hated the fact that the Bears let him go. I understand that most running back decline steadily after age 30, but the dude could run, AND could catch passes like a wide receiver. Matt Forte didn't "do" anything to them, (like Marshall, some say) and they didn't even try to trade him, they cut him loose. Such a shame

He definately is not showing any signs of slowing down.
Week 1, he put up 96 rushing, 59 receiving yds.
Week 2 - I watched that entire game, 100 yds on the ground and 3 td's.

My personal opinion, he has two seasons (this year and next) before he starts to decline physically.
That is, of course, barring significant injury.
We all know what just happened with A.P.

The Bears could have possibly won those games, if they kept Forte. He is being a great fantasy option right now. He will be catching passes, and tearing up the turf for about another 2-3 years. I wish him the best in New York.

Sponsor

Sponsor

1312qohelet
Hall of Fame

Postby 1312qohelet » Sun Sep 25, 2016 10:52 am

spydermanj wrote:
1312qohelet wrote:
spidermanj - I freakin love Forte. He was CONSISTENTLY a good running back, and probably my favorite player in Chicago. I hated the fact that the Bears let him go. I understand that most running back decline steadily after age 30, but the dude could run, AND could catch passes like a wide receiver. Matt Forte didn't "do" anything to them, (like Marshall, some say) and they didn't even try to trade him, they cut him loose. Such a shame

He definately is not showing any signs of slowing down.
Week 1, he put up 96 rushing, 59 receiving yds.
Week 2 - I watched that entire game, 100 yds on the ground and 3 td's.

My personal opinion, he has two seasons (this year and next) before he starts to decline physically.
That is, of course, barring significant injury.
We all know what just happened with A.P.

The Bears could have possibly won those games, if they kept Forte. He is being a great fantasy option right now. He will be catching passes, and tearing up the turf for about another 2-3 years. I wish him the best in New York.

As do I....him and Brandon "The Beast" Marshall.
I hope they find success

Return to “Chicago Bears”