The Monsters of The Midway are BACK!

spydermanj
Pro Bowl

Postby spydermanj » Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:47 am

On offense: They are doing pretty good as the season comes along, we simply need more growth out of Trubisky for us to really see Matt Nagy's dream come true. The receivers are LIGHT years ahead of last years, and I've been pleasantly surprised by the rookie Anthony Miller... I think he could develop into a high end WR2/poor man's Antonio Brown (i'm reaching, but I'm literally drunk with anticipation of the Mitch to Anthony TD combination) Allen Robinson is functional, but he definitely needs to string better performances together to be a week to week threat. Tarik Cohen is fun to watch as usual. Jordan Howard may not last past his rookie contract here, but strictly for scheme related issues, NOT for performances. The line is protecting Trubisky decently enough, though he has clearly bailed them out many times, thanks to his scrambling and elusiveness.

On defense: Is this the Bear's best defense since 1985? Maybe... but this group IS the best in the NFL by far, without question. Khalil Mack has EXCEEDED expectations, which is pretty hard to do as arguably the best defensive player in the NFL, at least the most DISRUPTIVE. He missed two games due to injury and came back with a bang, recording two sacks against the hapless Lions and another against the Vikings (though he had 2 QB hits and even more pressures). Akiem Hicks plays a wonderful Robin to Mack's Batman, and if the DE doesn't make it to the Pro Bowl THIS YEAR, it is without a doubt highway robbery and is completely rigged. The linebackers, led by Danny Trevathan (who is having a career year at the position) and rookie MLB Roquan Smith clean up the run game very well and cover too. The secondary is easily the best in the NFL, which is amazing considering they (as a team) have dropped at least 6 (easy) potential interceptions. Eddie Jackson's middle name should be Playmaker, and those who have watched the games would agree.

Overall, this team has the talent to go to the playoffs and even hang with any team in the NFL right now except maybe the Saints. That team, by the way, not the Rams, is the only realistic thing in the way for an SB berth. I believe they can truly challenge for that in 2019, but a strong showing (especially since we don't have any first-round picks till 2020) this season can shine a spotlight and deliver massive media attention back to the Chicago Bears.

Sponsor

Sponsor

Rixster67r
Hall of Fame

Re: The Monsters of The Midway are BACK!

Postby Rixster67r » Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:26 pm

THA BEARS!!! :D :) ;) :o :shock:

Return to “Chicago Bears”