Aaron Rodgers

ThePurplePeopleEater
MVP

Aaron Rodgers

Postby ThePurplePeopleEater » Sun Oct 15, 2017 5:00 pm

Possibly lost for the season with a broken collarbone...ouch.

Aaron Rodgers

Sponsor

Sponsor

rambolz
All-Pro

Re: Aaron Rodgers

Postby rambolz » Sun Oct 15, 2017 5:02 pm

Yeah that's tough :cry:

Hopefully not out for the whole year, but we'll see..

Col. Trautman
MVP

Postby Col. Trautman » Sun Oct 15, 2017 5:40 pm

The hit that did it was questionable, it was certainly after Aaron had thrown the ball... No offense to the Viking fans here, but this was a rather dirty game. Sure rivalries are bitter, but let's keep the personal fouls down. First ever 1st and 40 I ever heard or seen.
To those that disagree: "The culprit was a late hit by Anthony Barr after Rodgers had unloaded an incomplete pass to Martellus Bennett." --WashingtonPost

ThePurplePeopleEater
MVP

Postby ThePurplePeopleEater » Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:25 pm

Col. Trautman wrote:The hit that did it was questionable, it was certainly after Aaron had thrown the ball... No offense to the Viking fans here, but this was a rather dirty game. Sure rivalries are bitter, but let's keep the personal fouls down. First ever 1st and 40 I ever heard or seen.
To those that disagree: "The culprit was a late hit by Anthony Barr after Rodgers had unloaded an incomplete pass to Martellus Bennett." --WashingtonPost

I've seen longer down-and-distances than that. Plus that's a hard thing to control when you're on the field, running at the QB as fast as possible.

rambolz
All-Pro

Postby rambolz » Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:16 am

ThePurplePeopleEater wrote:
Col. Trautman wrote:The hit that did it was questionable, it was certainly after Aaron had thrown the ball... No offense to the Viking fans here, but this was a rather dirty game. Sure rivalries are bitter, but let's keep the personal fouls down. First ever 1st and 40 I ever heard or seen.

I've seen longer down-and-distances than that. Plus that's a hard thing to control when you're on the field, running at the QB as fast as possible.

I don't blame Barr. Rodgers is out of the pocket, just released the ball, I don't expect the defender to stop on a dime and avoid the hit. Of course the defense wants to hit the QB any chance they get, I don't consider that to be a dirty hit or too late hit. Unfortunate landing for Rodgers.

ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Postby ultimatum77 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:45 am

it doesn't really matter as rodgers would still have a stellar season but falter in the playoffs as usual...sure he can win some playoff games but the big ones he always crumbles......at least the packers will get a high draft pick next year....if they tank the rest of the season.....or sign kaepernick....he would at least get them a wild card spot in the playoffs over all the other guys on the FA market....romo won't happen due to injury history...but a lot of people on twitter and wisconsin are vying for romo lol....

the vikings will start off hot like last year and probably start losing around week 8 or so...the lions may be able to sneak a division title this year due to rodgers injury and the vikings general knack for inconsistency....
For help running madden please consult my guide and posts from fellow users here....thanks! (link below) viewtopic.php?f=22&t=17907
I'm not on site much, so if I don't respond it's b/c I haven't checked in a while.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:38 pm

ultimatum77 wrote:it doesn't really matter as rodgers would still have a stellar season but falter in the playoffs as usual...sure he can win some playoff games but the big ones he always crumbles......at least the packers will get a high draft pick next year....if they tank the rest of the season.....or sign kaepernick....he would at least get them a wild card spot in the playoffs over all the other guys on the FA market....romo won't happen due to injury history...but a lot of people on twitter and wisconsin are vying for romo lol....

the vikings will start off hot like last year and probably start losing around week 8 or so...the lions may be able to sneak a division title this year due to rodgers injury and the vikings general knack for inconsistency....

Rodgers won a Super Bowl. Don't forget that.

They won't sign Kaepernick. He's in the process of attempting to sue the NFL owners. I don't see anyone signing him. Plus they like Hundley.

They'd better not go after Romo. He's too good as a commentator, plus I want him to be one of the few modern players who spent his whole career as a Cowboy. The only QB injury that should tempt him would be an injury to Dak!
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

Danchat
Hall of Fame

Postby Danchat » Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:53 pm

I really liked Hundley coming out of the draft (I thought he was a 2nd-3rd round prospect), and I think he'll be OK as the Packers' starter for now. He was simply not ready to start in an away game against a top 5 defense with no 1st team reps.

They're going with Joe Callahan as their backup QB, and that may not be a good idea. He was their 4th string QB in camp... but the Packers just don't like bringing in outside FAs.
Franchise Journal - Atticus Jenkins: Head Coach of the San Francisco 49ers
http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2387&start=400

rambolz
All-Pro

Postby rambolz » Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:39 pm

Danchat wrote:I really liked Hundley coming out of the draft (I thought he was a 2nd-3rd round prospect), and I think he'll be OK as the Packers' starter for now. He was simply not ready to start in an away game against a top 5 defense with no 1st team reps.

They're going with Joe Callahan as their backup QB, and that may not be a good idea. He was their 4th string QB in camp... but the Packers just don't like bringing in outside FAs.

I'm confident in Hundley as our starter. Obviously he's no Aaron Rodgers, but he should be able to win some games after getting the reps in practice.

And I really hope we don't have to rely on Callahan..

ThePurplePeopleEater
MVP

Postby ThePurplePeopleEater » Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:56 pm

We don't have enough injuries at this point to cause us to lose. Plus we have a somewhat easier schedule up ahead.

Return to “Green Bay Packers”