Cedric Benson Joins Packers

NickyJ
Hall of Fame

Re: Cedric Benson Joins Packers

Postby NickyJ » Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:08 pm

I doubt Starks would be on the market for long if cut.

Sponsor

Sponsor

PML17
Hall of Fame

Postby PML17 » Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:09 pm

NickyJ wrote:I doubt Starks would be on the market for long if cut.

True, he's a good young player.
Retired from the Fourm. I check back in once a month, sorry in advance for late replies.

AaronS
Hall of Fame

Postby AaronS » Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:36 am

PMan17 wrote:So, you will bet Starks is out? Is he worst then last season?

The RB job was his for the taking and he dropped the ball. And the Packers beleive they have 2 backs with similar talent. Isn't it the smart thing to drop the unmotivated guy??.. It's one thing if you have a superstar back that stolls into camp and doesn't kick it into high gear until September. It's another thing altogether for a guy like Starks. The Packers running game needs to improve a bit, and he is stuck in neutral with a job on the line.

.. Maybe the Packers can get a 6th or 7th for him. I have no doubt he'll latch on elsewhere if he's cut. But with the Benson signing, I think his opportunity in Green Bay just passed him by.

AaronS
Hall of Fame

Postby AaronS » Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:51 am

Due to the new NFL rules, Benson is unlikely to play in the next presesason game. Which leaves Starks a window to try to get back into the Packers good graces.

Danchat
Hall of Fame

Postby Danchat » Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:54 am

So.... who's the starter? It looks to me (if Starks is gone) that Green would be 1st and 2nd down, Saine, more of a receiving back (I think) on 3rd down, and Benson would be a short distance guy.
Doesn't look like any of them will be fantasy revelvant.....
Franchise Journal - Atticus Jenkins: Head Coach of the San Francisco 49ers
http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2387&start=400

AaronS
Hall of Fame

Postby AaronS » Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:20 pm

With Starks floundering, I think Green would be starting if not for the knee injury. I don't think they would have even brought Benson in. But they are working Green back slowly. They like him, and he's a great fit for the offense.

Saine isn't healthy. As far as I know, he hasn't even practiced yet, so he's not going to start.

IMO, this is now Benson's job to lose. It's almost a win by default situation. 2 guys aren't healthy, and 1 fell from grace in a hurry.

Picking a fantasy back from this group is tough. Points in this offense will continue to come from the passing game. The startering RB should get 1k yards. Ideally 1200, but that's not a given. Kuhn factors in as he'll get the goal-line carries. My $$$ would be Benson, but watch Green late in the season. Solid receiver, and a game-breaker-type once his knee is 100%

AaronS
Hall of Fame

Postby AaronS » Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:39 pm

After last night, I'll be shocked if Benson isn't the Packers starting RB.

.. If Alex Green was 100%, I might say otherwise, but Benson looked solid, and I doubt Green will cut into Bensons carries until late in the season.

Return to “Green Bay Packers”