Adrian Peterson reinstated

NFLVICK7
MVP

Re: Adrian Peterson reinstated

Postby NFLVICK7 » Sat Apr 18, 2015 1:32 pm

my biggest beef is guys being suspended before they're convicted or even after a case is dropped, that "code of conduct" is all B.S. Anyone can accuse anyone of anything. Goodell is a power drunk idiot. Who is so hell bent on "cleaning up" the league that he suspends anyone who is even accused.

Our LEGAL GOVERNMENT says "innocent until proven guilty" and Goodell suspends guys before their proven guilty, or even after the case is dropped and they never were proven guilty.

He's a horrible commissioner he's inconstant and a lair.

And as far as Peterson goes, look 25 years ago what he did was acceptable. It's how he was raised. I agree he went to far, but suspended a whole year, really?

This was all a publicity thing, after he botched the Ray Rice situation.
The Eagle's Hopes And Dreams

Sponsor

Sponsor

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Sat Apr 18, 2015 4:21 pm

NFLVICK7 wrote:my biggest beef is guys being suspended before they're convicted or even after a case is dropped, that "code of conduct" is all B.S. Anyone can accuse anyone of anything. Goodell is a power drunk idiot. Who is so hell bent on "cleaning up" the league that he suspends anyone who is even accused.

Our LEGAL GOVERNMENT says "innocent until proven guilty" and Goodell suspends guys before their proven guilty, or even after the case is dropped and they never were proven guilty.

No one really believes "innocent until proven guilty" anymore. They should, but they don't. In today's world, we have short attention spans, and want answers NOW. I agree, they shouldn't have suspended him until after his trial. The team had full right to put him on their exempt list, but he shouldn't have been suspended by the league. And his suspension shouldn't have been a whole season. 8 weeks maybe. Not the whole season. The Peterson situation was a panicked reaction by Goodell because of all the domestic violence cases in the league in the 2014 season.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

NickyJ
Hall of Fame

Postby NickyJ » Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:02 pm

What I'm more interested in is why nobody cared about Leonard Little. Dude drove drunk and killed a mother driving her kids in his rookie year. Suspended 4 games, got DUI again in the future, but still played out his full career until he retired in 2009. People got in a minor uproar over Josh Brent, but not Little. Why?

ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Postby ultimatum77 » Sun Apr 19, 2015 10:00 am

NickyJ wrote:What I'm more interested in is why nobody cared about Leonard Little. Dude drove drunk and killed a mother driving her kids in his rookie year. Suspended 4 games, got DUI again in the future, but still played out his full career until he retired in 2009. People got in a minor uproar over Josh Brent, but not Little. Why?

True what you said, but these days with all the social media and things these issues get blown up into major controversy by the media which in turn fuels the fire against a particular player. Who may have committed a crime just like another player a decade ago but because of the coverage it gets blown up to be a big story. I think the social media factor creates more awareness thus leading to a bigger response to these type of cases but that's just my opinion. :)
For help running madden please consult my guide and posts from fellow users here....thanks! (link below) viewtopic.php?f=22&t=17907
I'm not on site much, so if I don't respond it's b/c I haven't checked in a while.

ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Postby ultimatum77 » Sun Apr 19, 2015 10:05 am

NFLVICK7 wrote:my biggest beef is guys being suspended before they're convicted or even after a case is dropped, that "code of conduct" is all B.S. Anyone can accuse anyone of anything. Goodell is a power drunk idiot. Who is so hell bent on "cleaning up" the league that he suspends anyone who is even accused.

He's a horrible commissioner he's inconstant and a lair.

And as far as Peterson goes, look 25 years ago what he did was acceptable. It's how he was raised. I agree he went to far, but suspended a whole year, really?

This was all a publicity thing, after he botched the Ray Rice situation.

Exactly Goodell threw Peterson under the bus to save his (Goodell's) own behind because he flubbed the Rice situation. So he has to come down hard to save face and save himself from being voted out of office because of his ineptitude. His "cleaning up" has not helped as there are still a large number of players who get dui's and domestic violence charges.

Peterson went to far by hurting his son terribly but that kind of child rearing was common place when Peterson grew up. Maybe 3-4 games but a whole year is excessive in reality he got the suspension ray rice should have received in the first place.
For help running madden please consult my guide and posts from fellow users here....thanks! (link below) viewtopic.php?f=22&t=17907
I'm not on site much, so if I don't respond it's b/c I haven't checked in a while.

Gridiron
MVP

Postby Gridiron » Mon May 04, 2015 3:02 pm

Excellent responses, all.

NickyJ wrote:What I'm more interested in is why nobody cared about Leonard Little. Dude drove drunk and killed a mother driving her kids in his rookie year. Suspended 4 games, got DUI again in the future, but still played out his full career until he retired in 2009. People got in a minor uproar over Josh Brent, but not Little. Why?

If the corporate media (controllers {producers and editors}) had made a fuss about Leonard Little, then more would have (been programmed) cared.
ultimatum77 wrote:these athletes always get into trouble if for instance in the michael sam issue. When players disagree with that lifestyle and honestly admit that they would feel uncomfortable or tweet "omg/horrible" (don jones of dolphins) in reference to sam's televised kiss.... and then gets fined/suspended and forced to go to "re-educational training" because of some stupid tweets. So many athletes have to apologize for their honest viewpoints. THAT is bs. Players are human too and have beliefs just because they play a sport does not exclude them from having their own opinions. The NFL is there to manage the players and pay them; and not to censor their speech/beliefs to what they deem is "normal/acceptable." Half of what modern society deems "normal" now-a-days is plain and simply insane! Even 15 yrs ago you wouldn't have all this gay agenda pushed down the throat of ppl or be ostracized for having a viewpoint contrary to that agenda.

Really???!!! Thanks ultimatum77, I missed that big piece of NFL PC BS. It makes me want to puke. "re-educational training"???? :evil: Given by sissies and feminists no doubt.

Corporations are not law enforcement.
Once a corporate entity assumes that role, then theirs becomes a 100% fascist system.
My advice is for anyone that participates in such a system, to exit it at once.
GRIDIRON! The 1st physics based computer football simulation.

ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Postby ultimatum77 » Tue May 05, 2015 7:42 am

Gridiron wrote:Excellent responses, all.

If the corporate media (controllers {producers and editors}) had made a fuss about Leonard Little, then more would have (been programmed) cared.
ultimatum77 wrote:these athletes always get into trouble if for instance in the michael sam issue. When players disagree with that lifestyle and honestly admit that they would feel uncomfortable or tweet "omg/horrible" (don jones of dolphins) in reference to sam's televised kiss.... and then gets fined/suspended and forced to go to "re-educational training" because of some stupid tweets. So many athletes have to apologize for their honest viewpoints. THAT is bs. Players are human too and have beliefs just because they play a sport does not exclude them from having their own opinions. The NFL is there to manage the players and pay them; and not to censor their speech/beliefs to what they deem is "normal/acceptable." Half of what modern society deems "normal" now-a-days is plain and simply insane! Even 15 yrs ago you wouldn't have all this gay agenda pushed down the throat of ppl or be ostracized for having a viewpoint contrary to that agenda.

Really???!!! Thanks ultimatum77, I missed that big piece of NFL PC BS. It makes me want to puke. "re-educational training"???? :evil: Given by sissies and feminists no doubt.

Corporations are not law enforcement.
Once a corporate entity assumes that role, then theirs becomes a 100% fascist system.
My advice is for anyone that participates in such a system, to exit it at once.

Yup, here's the link Gridiron....
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200000 ... ichael-sam

From the article ..... "The Dolphins said Jones cannot return to the team until he "undergoes and completes educational training." What the heck? I though most "educational training" was k-12th lol, :? This is how they brainwash those with no guts to stand for their personal beliefs. If I were don jones I would argue that I don't need their bs educational training, I got that in grade school hahaha....what are they going to educate me on the "new" modern family. Child: Hi dad 1 and dad 2 (or mom1 and mom 2), BS! Don jones should have stood up for himself, sure it may risk his future career but he would get a whole lot of support and respect from people instead of cowering and giving into the happy eunuchs.

Return to “Minnesota Vikings”