Adrian Peterson reinstated

ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Postby ultimatum77 » Fri Apr 17, 2015 7:41 am

Adrian Peterson is back, while not a Vikings fan I love to see this guy play on the field. Dude's a highlight machine. Hope he has a stellar season this year and that he's matured after last year.
For help running madden please consult my guide and posts from fellow users here....thanks! (link below) viewtopic.php?f=22&t=17907
I'm not on site much, so if I don't respond it's b/c I haven't checked in a while.

Sponsor

Sponsor

Gridiron
MVP

Re: Adrian Peterson reinstated

Postby Gridiron » Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:56 am

He should have never been suspended.
GRIDIRON! The 1st physics based computer football simulation.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Fri Apr 17, 2015 1:31 pm

Gridiron wrote:He should have never been suspended.

I disagree completely. However, I believe the suspension should have been less than a whole season. He has paid his due. It will be good to see him play again.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

Danchat
Hall of Fame

Postby Danchat » Fri Apr 17, 2015 6:39 pm

The reinstatement from the Commissioner's List doesn't mean a lot, as he already could have been traded or cut.

I'm just interested to see what happens. It sounds like if he's going to get traded, it's going to be on draft day. The Cowboys, Cardinals, Raiders, and possibly Jaguars are reportedly interested.
Franchise Journal - Atticus Jenkins: Head Coach of the San Francisco 49ers
http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2387&start=400

Austinmario13
Hall of Fame

Postby Austinmario13 » Fri Apr 17, 2015 6:57 pm

Danchat wrote:The reinstatement from the Commissioner's List doesn't mean a lot, as he already could have been traded or cut.

I'm just interested to see what happens. It sounds like if he's going to get traded, it's going to be on draft day. The Cowboys, Cardinals, Raiders, and possibly Jaguars are reportedly interested.

It would be a miracle if Jerry Jones gets Peterson. Both him and Darren McFadden went to Arkansas at the same time, and Adrian was born in Texas.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Fri Apr 17, 2015 7:48 pm

Austinmario13 wrote:
Danchat wrote:The reinstatement from the Commissioner's List doesn't mean a lot, as he already could have been traded or cut.

It would be a miracle if Jerry Jones gets Peterson. Both him and Darren McFadden went to Arkansas at the same time, and Adrian was born in Texas.

Peterson went to Oklahoma. I think the Arkansas guy you're thinking of is Felix Jones. We already had him. He didn't pan out.

I'm hoping we don't go for Peterson. First, we don't have enough salary cap space for him. Second, we'd have to give up too many high draft picks. Not worth it. Plus, it could give Minnesota the last laugh as payback for Herschel Walker.
My Cowboys Journal

ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Postby ultimatum77 » Sat Apr 18, 2015 5:41 am

RevanFan wrote:
Austinmario13 wrote:

Peterson went to Oklahoma. I think the Arkansas guy you're thinking of is Felix Jones. We already had him. He didn't pan out.

I'm hoping we don't go for Peterson. First, we don't have enough salary cap space for him. Second, we'd have to give up too many high draft picks. Not worth it. Plus, it could give Minnesota the last laugh as payback for Herschel Walker.

I totally agree with you Revanfan, even though adrian peterson is a really good athlete he is 30 and rb's decline faster than other positions because of all the hits they take and also because of age. AP is not worth trading away a team's future high draft picks unless that team is a contender with only one missing piece but even then the vikings would get a steal by trading away a declining player and big contract for future dividends.
Also I don't think he needed a whole season suspension last year just 3-4 games. Once again goodell is the dumbest pro sports commissioner in doling out penalties/suspensions.
For help running madden please consult my guide and posts from fellow users here....thanks! (link below) viewtopic.php?f=22&t=17907
I'm not on site much, so if I don't respond it's b/c I haven't checked in a while.

Gridiron
MVP

Postby Gridiron » Sat Apr 18, 2015 10:42 am

RevanFan wrote:

I disagree completely. However, I believe the suspension should have been less than a whole season. He has paid his due. It will be good to see him play again.

He paid his dues before he ever put on a Viking uniform.
The NFL is disgusting the way they manipulate the players, pandering to the female political mindset while supporting a slave mentality.

The truth is that politics should have no place in athletic league competition.

The NFL is not law enforcement, and it has ABSOLUTELY no moral authority in these matters.
The NFL had no legitimate role in collecting any dues at all from AP.
However they are part of the fascist (corporate combined with government) establishment conducting psyops against the American citizenry.
RevanFan, you being an adolescent I really can't expect you to understand these matters because of your relatively limited life experiences, but there are adults who read this and can grok these truths about the culture role of the NFL beast.

So the sad story continues where it has always been bad that not ALL the best football players can play in the NFL,
just the POLITICALLY CORRECT ones.
GRIDIRON! The 1st physics based computer football simulation.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Sat Apr 18, 2015 10:56 am

Gridiron wrote:
RevanFan wrote:

He paid his dues before he ever put on a Viking uniform.
The NFL is disgusting the way they manipulate the players, pandering to the female political mindset while supporting a slave mentality.

The NFL is not law enforcement, and it has ABSOLUTELY no moral authority in these matters.
However they are part of the fascist (corporate combined with government) establishment conducting psyops against the American citizenry.
RevanFan, you being an adolescent I really can't expect you to understand these matters because of your relatively limited life experiences, but there are adults who read this and can grok these truths about the culture role of the NFL beast.

So the sad story continues where it has always been bad that not ALL the best football players can play in the NFL,
just the POLITICALLY CORRECT ones.

Once again, I don't agree with your politics, but I must commend your use of the word "grok". I always love seeing that one.
My Cowboys Journal

ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Postby ultimatum77 » Sat Apr 18, 2015 11:41 am

Gridiron has a point, these athletes always get into trouble if for instance in the michael sam issue. When players disagree with that lifestyle and honestly admit that they would feel uncomfortable or tweet "omg/horrible" (don jones of dolphins) in reference to sam's televised kiss.... and then gets fined/suspended and forced to go to "re-educational training" because of some stupid tweets. So many athletes have to apologize for their honest viewpoints. THAT is bs. Players are human too and have beliefs just because they play a sport does not exclude them from having their own opinions. The NFL is there to manage the players and pay them; and not to censor their speech/beliefs to what they deem is "normal/acceptable." Half of what modern society deems "normal" now-a-days is plain and simply insane! Even 15 yrs ago you wouldn't have all this gay agenda pushed down the throat of ppl or be ostracized for having a viewpoint contrary to that agenda.

Return to “Minnesota Vikings”