Vikings Opening Day Lineups Quiz

Danchat
Hall of Fame

Re: Vikings Opening Day Lineups Quiz

Postby Danchat » Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:02 pm

cyclone2426 wrote:A couple more I just saw..

Kevin Williams > Letroy Guion
Asher Allen > Cedric Griffin

Jerome Felton > Rhett Ellison (listed as starter in official gamebook, but Zach Line actually had a stat that day, your call)
Kevin Williams > Fred Evans

Where did you find the 'official gamebook'? I remember Felton was suspended that game, but I'm not sure which to give the start to.

I think you're right on the Allen/Griffin one, I think Allen was the nickel corner and Griffin was starting, but I didn't have confirmation.

I'm pretty confident that Williams was starting in both 2011 and 2013 and Guion and Evans were just rotational players at that point.
Franchise Journal - Atticus Jenkins: Head Coach of the San Francisco 49ers
http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2387&start=400

Sponsor

Sponsor

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:12 pm

Danchat wrote:
cyclone2426 wrote:A couple more I just saw..

Kevin Williams > Letroy Guion
Asher Allen > Cedric Griffin

Jerome Felton > Rhett Ellison (listed as starter in official gamebook, but Zach Line actually had a stat that day, your call)
Kevin Williams > Fred Evans

Where did you find the 'official gamebook'? I remember Felton was suspended that game, but I'm not sure which to give the start to.

I think you're right on the Allen/Griffin one, I think Allen was the nickel corner and Griffin was starting, but I didn't have confirmation.

I'm pretty confident that Williams was starting in both 2011 and 2013 and Guion and Evans were just rotational players at that point.

I know you can find many gamebooks on NFL.com, if you go to the score page for the game, and click "Game Info", there will be a link to the gamebook if it is available. You can also find gamebooks in some team's media area, provided they aren't blocked with credential requirements. Dallas' media site, for instance, has gamebooks and media guides dating back all the way to 1960.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

cyclone2426
All-Pro

Postby cyclone2426 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:58 pm

Danchat wrote:Where did you find the 'official gamebook'? I remember Felton was suspended that game, but I'm not sure which to give the start to.

I PM'd you the PDFs I have. Allen was listed as not active, and same for Williams, either listed as not active or not listed at all. I think Williams was suspended that first game of 2011, dont know about 2013.

Danchat
Hall of Fame

Postby Danchat » Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:26 pm

cyclone2426 wrote:
Danchat wrote:Where did you find the 'official gamebook'? I remember Felton was suspended that game, but I'm not sure which to give the start to.

I PM'd you the PDFs I have. Allen was listed as not active, and same for Williams, either listed as not active or not listed at all. I think Williams was suspended that first game of 2011, dont know about 2013.

I just found some of the gamebooks online before you sent me them. I didn't know these resources existed - I love some good packets of information like this. Thanks for sending me these gamebooks.

Yup, Williams was suspended at the beginning of 2011. And I just remembered, Williams was injured in the preseason of 2013 due to an incredibly dirty chop block and missed Week 1.
Franchise Journal - Atticus Jenkins: Head Coach of the San Francisco 49ers
http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2387&start=400

Return to “Minnesota Vikings”