6-0

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Re: 6-0

Postby MikeWest502 » Sun Nov 01, 2020 12:35 am

DrBrownsFan wrote:We're 5-2 with our only losses to 6-0 and 5-1 (who only lost to KC) teams. :)

The wins are all against extremely weak teams! I wouldn't be bragging about beating the Bengals twice, the Cowboys. Colts & The Football Team. Their schedule is really weak! If they make the playoffs @ 10-6 or 9-7, expect them to get ran off the field by whom ever they play! Baker Cookie Mayfield is garbage! :lol: :P

Sponsor

Sponsor

DrBrownsFan
MVP
Location: Akron, Ohio. Home of the 0-Time NCAA Champion University of Akron Zips! FEAR THE ROO!

Postby DrBrownsFan » Sun Nov 01, 2020 1:23 am

Colts have one of the best defenses in the league, and Washington's isn't too far behind. The Cowboys had the best offense in the league. And even Cincinnati is very similar to the Chargers - decent team that hasn't put it all together yet.

Regarding Baker - you don't throw 22 straight completions, including a ridiculous 1:06 go-ahead TD drive, as a garbage quarterback.
I am not a doctor, nor do I play one on TV. But I, and 4/5 trained apes, prescribe lichtental's extremely useful USEFUL LINKS thread.

*One grain of salt included in each prescription.

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Sun Nov 01, 2020 7:34 pm

DrBrownsFan wrote:Colts have one of the best defenses in the league, and Washington's isn't too far behind. The Cowboys had the best offense in the league. And even Cincinnati is very similar to the Chargers - decent team that hasn't put it all together yet.

Regarding Baker - you don't throw 22 straight completions, including a ridiculous 1:06 go-ahead TD drive, as a garbage quarterback.

Well the Raiders did what they were supposed to do and soundly defeat the sorry Browns. Baker Mayfield threw ZERO touchdowns at home. The defense stunk. Don't expect the Brownies to do any damage to top contenders in the league. The Colts are mediocre, Washington is poor, the Bengals are the Bengals and the Cowboys are a lost cause for the season. I admire your loyalty though! :P

Mayfield completed 12 of 25 pass attempts for 122 yards, adding six rushes for 29 yards during Sunday's 16-6 loss to Las Vegas, QBR 39.8 :oops: . I wouldn't be bragging about anything that comes out of that stat line!

Sorry, Browns get dumped by the Raiders! :lol: :lol: :lol:

BUS36
Hall of Fame

Now 7-0

Postby BUS36 » Sun Nov 01, 2020 10:48 pm

Steelers have now tied their best start in franchise history with a 7-0 start ( 1978 Super Bowl Champions 14-2 )
I bleed BLACK N GOLD

DrBrownsFan
MVP
Location: Akron, Ohio. Home of the 0-Time NCAA Champion University of Akron Zips! FEAR THE ROO!

Postby DrBrownsFan » Tue Nov 03, 2020 11:17 pm

MikeWest502 wrote:
DrBrownsFan wrote:Colts have one of the best defenses in the league, and Washington's isn't too far behind. The Cowboys had the best offense in the league. And even Cincinnati is very similar to the Chargers - decent team that hasn't put it all together yet.

Well the Raiders did what they were supposed to do and soundly defeat the sorry Browns. Baker Mayfield threw ZERO touchdowns at home. The defense stunk. Don't expect the Brownies to do any damage to top contenders in the league. The Colts are mediocre, Washington is poor, the Bengals are the Bengals and the Cowboys are a lost cause for the season. I admire your loyalty though! :P

Mayfield completed 12 of 25 pass attempts for 122 yards, adding six rushes for 29 yards during Sunday's 16-6 loss to Las Vegas, QBR 39.8 :oops: . I wouldn't be bragging about anything that comes out of that stat line!

... Did you watch the game? Baker was elite. His receivers had 8 drops. Without those, Baker was 20/25 for 200+ and 2TD. His passes were incredibly accurate all game.

The defense will keep us out of the playoffs if we don't make it. That said, 10-6 is still very possible.
I am not a doctor, nor do I play one on TV. But I, and 4/5 trained apes, prescribe lichtental's extremely useful USEFUL LINKS thread.

*One grain of salt included in each prescription.

BUS36
Hall of Fame

Postby BUS36 » Wed Nov 04, 2020 7:34 am

Its still the Mistake by the Lake.....at best 8-8
I bleed BLACK N GOLD

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Wed Nov 04, 2020 2:52 pm

DrBrownsFan wrote:
MikeWest502 wrote:

... Did you watch the game? Baker was elite. His receivers had 8 drops. Without those, Baker was 20/25 for 200+ and 2TD. His passes were incredibly accurate all game.

The defense will keep us out of the playoffs if we don't make it. That said, 10-6 is still very possible.

Yes Drbrownsfan, I did watch the game. When it comes to Cakefields play, I have a totally different version of the meaning of the words "elite" and "accurate". Cookie Mayfield, does not fit the meanings at all. IMO the Browns were supposed to do to the Raiders, what the Raiders did to them. Brownies only ran 47 plays at home. You can't use the weather as an excuse for Baker's performance because the team practiced outside all week in preparation! Carr had the same elements and completed more passes. Carr's passes were tight spirals in the numbers. Baker's passes were 3-5 yards during the first half, high, low & away, behind receivers and only one for 11 yards! Nothing elite there for Cakefield! Hell, his very first pass of the game was pin-point accurately behind his WR, some accuracy huh!

In further analysis, I counted 5 legit drops, ProFootball Focus analysis team counted 6, I'm not sure where your 8 comes to play. Ex. In the first half, Landry had to make an acrobatic play on a pass thrown high and away, he bobbled it and never gained control. Sure you want to blame Landry! And for the Landry pass in the endzone late in the game, it was high, Landry had to make another acrobatic jump to get it, then he was blown up by the Raiders defenders causing the incomplete pass. You probably called that a great pass and a drop! No, it was a jarring hit by the DB's causing the in incomplete pass and there's nothing more Landry could have done to make a better attempt!

Again, 95% of Baker's completions were 3 to 5 yard passes until he connected on a couple later in the 4th qtr. He even threw a swing pass low and behind Hunt, but you probably blame Hunt for the drop, running a poor route! He didn't take any deep shots downfield during the first half. He didn't command the field, control the clock or the ball and made poor decisions resulting in the browns limited number of plays ran! Later he had to play catch-up, pass, pass, pass during the 2nd half only padding his meager stats with no real affect to win the game. Carr's offense controlled the clock and the ball and were much more effective than the Browns in a sloppy game. Baker did none of that and nothing elite! In chess, his play was blundering and limited!

You discredit the defense, but they only gave up 16 points. Browns only mustered 2 FG's in the dismal offensive performance! They should have run Hunt more, who was way more effective in the run game, than Baker in the passing game. But Hunt only got 14 rush attempts! So they technically put the game in Baker's hands and he DID NOT deliver a victory!

The remaining schedule is super easy against poor teams, I expect them to win 2 or 3 more. Should win vs Texans, Jaguars & Jets. Vs the Giants is 50-50. But will lose to all of the other teams on their schedule! Eagles, Steelers & Ravens will hand them L's!

Again, I admire your loyalty for the "Mistake by the Lake"! :lol: :lol: :lol:

BUS36
Hall of Fame

Postby BUS36 » Wed Nov 04, 2020 11:29 pm

When you QB in just two games vs division rivals (Ravens & Steelers) leads the team {was outscored massively13-76 (6-38 and 7-38 respectively)} .. to just two offensive TDs and the 2 FGs vs the Raiders...your offense has problems with good teams. Sure you beat the Bengals but in shoot outs, WHY? your offense is not that good and your defense is getting worn down because the offense can't sustain drives. Plain and simple facts, the Browns are a.500 team.
I bleed BLACK N GOLD

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Thu Nov 05, 2020 11:25 am

DrBrownsFan wrote:

Last shot at Baker Mayfield's elite status! The NFL QB Index currently has Baker Mayfield ranked 19th of the 32 starting QB's. He's not even the top QB of the bottom half of the 32 teams QB's. So yeah, elite has a different meaning if you're a Cleveland/Mayfield follower/lover/fan! :lol:

I'm done with this one, fork me over!

sarcasticface
Hall of Fame

Postby sarcasticface » Thu Nov 05, 2020 7:35 pm

Y'all have to be joking lol. If the Browns are .500, the Steelers definitely aren't 1.000. PIT has only beaten the Titans and Texans (in terms of good teams). Don't say the Ravens are good because they're not. They're solid.

Return to “AFC North”