Ray Rice banned indefnitely

Steel Dragons
Pro Bowl

Postby Steel Dragons » Mon Sep 08, 2014 6:49 pm

Well, as a ravens fan, this is about the worst-case scenario that happened for them. A video was released showing that Ray Rice actually provoked the confrontation that happened in that elevator with his wife (actually hitting her and all)...so he then got released from the Ravens and banned indefinitely from the NFL. There are two main points that I have:

1. As someone who stood up against bullying, this kind of puts everything in question for Ray Rice's true motives for doing whatever. Even if it was just one big mistake, it's a pretty huge mistake.

2. If the NFL had this evidence, then the previous two game suspension was definitely not the right way to go.

What are your thoughts?

Sponsor

Sponsor

BUS36
Hall of Fame

Re: Ray Rice banned indefnitely

Postby BUS36 » Mon Sep 08, 2014 6:53 pm

here are two things to take from this incident...

1. Rice did not tell the whole truth to the commissioner

2. If anyone one of us, who would hit a spouse like that would be going to jail.
I bleed BLACK N GOLD

Sidelion
MVP

Postby Sidelion » Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:18 pm

Rice got what he deserved. Roger Goodell, on the other hand, is a liar that's still head of the NFL.
"Why do you go away? So that you can come back.
So that you can see the place you came from with new eyes and extra colors.
And the people there see you differently, too."

petroleum
All-Pro

Postby petroleum » Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:31 pm

Someone caught smoking pot looses a significant chunk of playing time and salary. The handling of this mess has done way more damage to the league then all the pot smokers combined. Any bets as to how much Goodell fines himself? :roll:

Danchat
Hall of Fame

Postby Danchat » Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:43 pm

I really have to wonder if the NFL has seen this tape before. It would make sense if they haven't, because after seeing that video, a two week suspension clearly wouldn't be enough. However, it wouldn't surprise me if this isn't the case and Goodell knew about this the whole time. You'd think the NFL would have seen this video before TMZ released it...

Also, BUS36, if you didn't catch it, the reason why Rice can't be prosecuted is because of a loophole in the law. Once Rice married his fiancee, she decided to not press charges, and if the victim is a spouse of the attacker and they choose to not press charges, the police cannot prosecute Rice. That law probably needs to be changed. With normal people like you and me, we'd likely get arrested because if we attacked our fiancee, she'd never want to get married and give us a get-outta-jail-free-card.

Why did his now-wife want to get married? This always seems to happen with football players - when they attack/rape a woman, she tends to side with the guy. (This reminds me of the Chris Cook situation with the Vikings) I guess when you're a celebrity, you simply have more power over your victim.
Franchise Journal - Atticus Jenkins: Head Coach of the San Francisco 49ers
http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2387&start=400

Sidelion
MVP

Postby Sidelion » Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:41 pm

"There is one other thing I did not write or refer to, and that is the other videotape the NFL and some Ravens officials have seen, from the security camera inside the elevator at the time of the physical altercation between Rice and his fiancée." - Peter King, in July

"We saw the TMZ video of what happened outside—when he was dragging her out unconscious—but inside, I'm told from those who have seen the video, it wasn't pretty. In fact, she attacks him—we don't know the reason why—and he strikes her, strikes her hard. And her head—according to the sources I've spoken to—struck the rail inside the elevator and she was unconscious." - Chris Mortensen, in July

http://deadspin.com/someone-is-lying-ab ... 1631901404
"Why do you go away? So that you can come back.
So that you can see the place you came from with new eyes and extra colors.
And the people there see you differently, too."

Return to “Baltimore Ravens”