Browns Sign Vince Young and Tyler Thigpen

jesse100190
All-Pro

Re: Browns Sign Vince Young and Tyler Thigpen

Postby jesse100190 » Tue May 13, 2014 12:01 pm

there were rumors that the browns changed picks the last second were going for bridgewater but they switched to manziel

Sponsor

Sponsor

bengalmike
All-Pro

Postby bengalmike » Tue May 13, 2014 12:40 pm

Danchat wrote:
jesse100190 wrote:young got released today by the browns

Alex Tanney was also released. It looks like Hoyer v. Manziel for the starting job and Thigpen v. Connor Shaw for the 3rd string job.

I think Shaw will get the third string job to be honest. I hope he does.
jesse100190 wrote:there were rumors that the browns changed picks the last second were going for bridgewater but they switched to manziel

jesse100190 wrote:there were rumors that the browns changed picks the last second were going for bridgewater but they switched to manziel

I heard those to. Apparently, they are true. Jimmy Haslam was the one that wanted him, and because he slipped we can keep him as a backup for now without getting a lot of bad publicity. Good pick. Finally some ESPN time for CLE.
Go Browns!

A New Era: My Browns Franchise http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=16048

Danchat
Hall of Fame

Postby Danchat » Tue May 13, 2014 4:12 pm

That's complete baloney. I don't believe that rumor one bit. There's no way the Browns would have traded up and not known who they were taking. In that war room, they all agreed on Manziel. If it was true that the owner changed it 10 seconds before it was announced, the war room would have been in a shock, not applauding their pick. They didn't need to trade up for Bridgewater, but somebody coulda nabbed Manziel. There's no way that happened.

This is just a rumor based on two things: The Browns ineptitude, which is overblown, and two, the media loves Manziel so much of course he's going to have idiotic rumors around him.
Franchise Journal - Atticus Jenkins: Head Coach of the San Francisco 49ers
http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2387&start=400

jesse100190
All-Pro

Postby jesse100190 » Tue May 13, 2014 4:21 pm

bridgewater said he would not wanting to play for the browns if he would of been picked.

bengalmike
All-Pro

Postby bengalmike » Wed May 14, 2014 7:48 am

Danchat wrote:

That's complete baloney. I don't believe that rumor one bit. There's no way the Browns would have traded up and not known who they were taking. In that war room, they all agreed on Manziel. If it was true that the owner changed it 10 seconds before it was announced, the war room would have been in a shock, not applauding their pick. They didn't need to trade up for Bridgewater, but somebody coulda nabbed Manziel. There's no way that happened.

This is just a rumor based on two things: The Browns ineptitude, which is overblown, and two, the media loves Manziel so much of course he's going to have idiotic rumors around him.

I doubt he changed it ten seconds before the pick, but I bet he had some definite impact on the decision. No way the front office wanted Bridgewater, and there was no way that Bridgewater wanted Cleveland. Plus, Haslam is a big fan of Bridgewater.
Go Browns!

A New Era: My Browns Franchise http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=16048

Danchat
Hall of Fame

Postby Danchat » Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:26 am

It finally happened!

They just signed Rex Grossman. OK, this isn't big news, but it was funny because we knew it was coming.

NickyJ
Hall of Fame

Postby NickyJ » Tue Aug 12, 2014 4:08 pm

SUPER BOWL

DrBrownsFan
MVP
Location: Akron, Ohio. Home of the 0-Time NCAA Champion University of Akron Zips! FEAR THE ROO!

Postby DrBrownsFan » Thu Aug 14, 2014 2:49 am

NickyJ wrote:SUPER BOWL

Hey, whoa, whoa. Easy with the sarcasm, Nick. If we can put things together on the offensive side of the ball, we have a legitimate shot at the playoffs and even of winning our division. The defense looks stout on paper, and looked good in the two minutes it played Saturday. If Gordon somehow gets off on the technicality he's arguing with, we could have ourselves a decent offense, as he, combined with Miles Austin and Jordan Cameron, will make Hoyer, Manziel, or even Grossman look good.
I am not a doctor, nor do I play one on TV. But I, and 4/5 trained apes, prescribe lichtental's extremely useful USEFUL LINKS thread.

*One grain of salt included in each prescription.

Danchat
Hall of Fame

Postby Danchat » Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:21 pm

DrBrownsFan wrote:
NickyJ wrote:SUPER BOWL

Hey, whoa, whoa. Easy with the sarcasm, Nick. If we can put things together on the offensive side of the ball, we have a legitimate shot at the playoffs and even of winning our division. The defense looks stout on paper, and looked good in the two minutes it played Saturday. If Gordon somehow gets off on the technicality he's arguing with, we could have ourselves a decent offense, as he, combined with Miles Austin and Jordan Cameron, will make Hoyer, Manziel, or even Grossman look good.

The AFC North is fairly weak, depending on if the Steelers and Ravens can bounce back or not. Cleveland does have a good defense but the offense is going to be lacking. Josh Gordon might get a 8 week suspension or a full year suspension (personally, I'm hoping 8 'cause I drafted him in fantasy football!) but even with him... c'mon, Miles Austin should not be a starter. He is not good anymore and he's injury prone. I also think we need to see one more good season from Cameron to determine if he's going to be a top TE, because it might have been a fluke. One last thing, I found it funny that their starting FB is currently MarQueis Gray, the former Minnesota Gophers QB.

Loxley
All-Pro

Postby Loxley » Thu Aug 14, 2014 3:03 pm

Well, I personally can't think of a single situation in which Miles Austin makes someone at QB look good, unless of course we're talking about amateur QBs
It's starting to look as the Browns are getting their pieces together but I honestly can't see them now as a playoff caliber offense, this game's not about passing the ball all downs you still need running game and as of now the Browns doesn't look to have some reliable starters, Ben Tate is good but, come on, their division has Bell, Rice and Bernard.
Overall Browns fans must feel positive their team can make some noise sooner rather than later

Return to “Cleveland Browns”