34-6 win gets First round Bye

BUS36
Hall of Fame

Postby BUS36 » Mon Dec 25, 2017 9:35 pm

with the Steelers 34-6 win over the Texans, clinches a first round bye and at least the #2 seed in the AFC. If the Jets can beat the Patriots on 12/30, with a Steelers win over the 1-15 Browns. This would give the Steelers the #1 seed and home field advantage in the AFC.
I bleed BLACK N GOLD

Sponsor

Sponsor

LT #78
Pro Bowl

Re: 34-6 win gets First round Bye

Postby LT #78 » Tue Dec 26, 2017 1:18 pm

BUS36 wrote:If the Jets can beat the Patriots on 12/30

They can't. The Jets stink.

That said, the best predictor of playoff success is the ability to absolutely clobber terrible teams,* so it's nice to see the Steelers finally doing exactly that, just a couple weeks away from the playoffs.

*Yes, I know everyone thinks that the best predictor of playoff success is the ability to pull out victories against good teams. You probably think that, too, which is why I brought evidence to back myself up.

jose21crisis
Hall of Fame

Re: 34-6 win gets First round Bye

Postby jose21crisis » Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:06 pm

The Wild Card bye might be what the Steelers need to make it to the big game. Last time they got a Playoffs bye week was on 2010, they made it to Super Bowl XLV, that one didn't go so well. And before that they got a playoff bye week on 2008, and got to Super Bowl XLIII, that one went pretty well. The catch by Santonio was something else though. Anyway, they might actually make it to the Super Bowl this time around ... of course ... they have to beat the Pats at Foxborough to make it there (I don't think that the Bills have any reasonable chance against them ... if they even make it that far. And who was the other possible team. Either it was the Jags or the Titans that could face the Pats. Can't remember. But other than the Jaguars having a defensive advantage ... no dice. Correction, not the Jags, but the Chiefs. Still no dice.)
Semper fi
If you fail to plan, you plan to fail. Always have a plan. And a backup plan. And backups to the backup.
And be able to improvise.

Return to “Pittsburgh Steelers”