Odell Beckham needs to seek help

AaronS
Hall of Fame

Postby AaronS » Wed Oct 05, 2016 12:09 pm

Odell Beckham isn't having fun anymore; http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/17714659/odell-beckham-jr-new-york-giants-frustrated-says-not-having-fun-anymore

I want so badly to compare this guy to Terrell Owens.. but T.O. was TWICE the player Beckham was before his selfish behavior and team destroying issues took over his career.

Sponsor

Sponsor

JSamuel
Hall of Fame

Re: Odell Beckham needs to seek help

Postby JSamuel » Wed Oct 05, 2016 12:32 pm

AaronS wrote:Odell Beckham isn't having fun anymore; http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/17714659/odell-beckham-jr-new-york-giants-frustrated-says-not-having-fun-anymore

I want so badly to compare this guy to Terrell Owens.. but T.O. was TWICE the player Beckham was before his selfish behavior and team destroying issues took over his career.

I like OBJ. Even though I hate the Giants, I have to admit it's fun to watch Odell.

He's shown he has speed and (incredibly) good hands, both at LSU and with the Giants.

He's also shown that the best way to defend him is with a corner that likes to chit-chat.

I understand he wants to have fun. I mean, c'mon, football is a game after all. You're supposed to have fun. But more than that, it's his career, and I he wants to make dough, he needs to close his trap and play the game.

Jvr-Zulu
Veteran

Postby Jvr-Zulu » Sat Oct 08, 2016 3:39 pm

AaronS wrote:Odell Beckham isn't having fun anymore; http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/17714659/odell-beckham-jr-new-york-giants-frustrated-says-not-having-fun-anymore

1. TO had an outburst in Philly when the team treated him like trash. Steve Young, Jerry Rice, Chris Canty, Tony Romo, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Carson Palmer and all the other coaches said TO was a great teammate. Canty even said he held the locker room together. It makes me cringe down to my soul when people base TO's entire 14 year career after 1 year in Philly when they treated him bad after he carried the team to the Super Bowl with a broken leg.

2. Odell has every right to be angry he gets in trouble for stuff that makes no sense. He basically got a flag from a ref 30 yards away for taunting which is complete BS. He may as well have gotten flagged for getting hit late thats sure as hell what it looked like. Football is an emotional game just because Roger BADell is trying to make the game soft doesnt mean fans should act soft too. Also Steve Smith made a career out of fighting DBs and he's looked at like a goddamn hero yet Odell gets hate.

1312qohelet
Hall of Fame

Postby 1312qohelet » Sat Oct 08, 2016 5:22 pm

Jvr-Zulu wrote: Also Steve Smith made a career out of fighting DBs and he's looked at like a goddamn hero yet Odell gets hate.

O'dell is a bit of a cheap-shot artist.
Steve Smith Sr. stood toe to toe, face to face.

Bottom line, O'dell is going to be just fine. This frustrating time is not going to last forever. I bet he has a great second half of this season.

Return to “New York Giants”