Did that really happen?

sarcasticface
Hall of Fame

Did that really happen?

Postby sarcasticface » Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:04 am

Did the Cowboys just beat the Saints? Kindof like what happened in '09, the Saints were 13-0 and then lost to the Cowboys. The Saints then went on to win the Super Bowl. I hope that happens again. I want my man Taysom to get a SB ring. I also want Mahomes to get it.

Did that really happen?

Sponsor

Sponsor

jose21crisis
Hall of Fame

Re: Did that really happen?

Postby jose21crisis » Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:04 pm

sarcasticface wrote:Did the Cowboys just beat the Saints? Kindof like what happened in '09, the Saints were 13-0 and then lost to the Cowboys. The Saints then went on to win the Super Bowl. I hope that happens again. I want my man Taysom to get a SB ring. I also want Mahomes to get it.

Hey, if the Titans (and Lions) could upset the Patriots, and if the Broncos could upset the Steelers, then the Cowboys definitely are capable of upsetting the Saints. It just happened. Definitely a great win for the Cowboys. The defense played great and the contained the Saints all night (Plus some poor officiating, but that's beyond the point and both teams got screwed over). The only problem with that win, and if the Cowboys do make it to the playoffs is Jason Garrett. The offense looked like the same generic thing from always and he'll probably get to keep his job for a longer time.
Semper fi
If you fail to plan, you plan to fail. Always have a plan. And a backup plan. And backups to the backup.
And be able to improvise.

sarcasticface
Hall of Fame

Postby sarcasticface » Fri Nov 30, 2018 1:18 pm

jose21crisis wrote:
sarcasticface wrote:Did the Cowboys just beat the Saints? Kindof like what happened in '09, the Saints were 13-0 and then lost to the Cowboys. The Saints then went on to win the Super Bowl. I hope that happens again. I want my man Taysom to get a SB ring. I also want Mahomes to get it.

Hey, if the Titans (and Lions) could upset the Patriots, and if the Broncos could upset the Steelers, then the Cowboys definitely are capable of upsetting the Saints. It just happened. Definitely a great win for the Cowboys. The defense played great and the contained the Saints all night (Plus some poor officiating, but that's beyond the point and both teams got screwed over). The only problem with that win, and if the Cowboys do make it to the playoffs is Jason Garrett. The offense looked like the same generic thing from always and he'll probably get to keep his job for a longer time.

1. I don't think NE had Julian Edelman (he was suspended, right?).
2. Steelers are like the Panthers. Good record, but when it comes down to it, they can't do sh*t.
3. Right as the Saints go to the No. 1 seed, they lose. I don't even think Cowboys fans wanted the Cowboys to win.
4. Yeah, those refs were terrible.
5. Gosh, I hate Jason Garrett.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Sat Dec 01, 2018 4:17 am

Garrett isn't the big issue. The team, I believe, plays hard for him and they like having him as the coach. The problem, quite clearly, is Scott Linehan. He was never really able to adjust the offense to Dak's abilities once Romo retired. We didn't have to be creative when Romo was the quarterback and Dez was still elite. They could just launch the ball down the field all day and it just worked. But now, when you need some innovation, there's been none.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

Return to “Dallas Cowboys”