Next cowboys coach......

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Re: Next cowboys coach......

Postby MikeWest502 » Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:25 pm

RevanFan wrote:
MikeWest502 wrote:
RevanFan wrote:I see "very little" as 8-8 or less very year and never making the playoffs. They were in the playoffs pretty much every year.

Well bro, your opinion of very little is different than mine! Just going to the playoffs, and winning the division is NOT what it's about! McCarthy has a lot of work to do to get the Cowboys to the level of greatness he could not propel the Packers to! Let's table this until he gets his first season in! I'll hold my water for now!

AaronS's post has the talk points I'd use!

I'll gladly take one Super Bowl. Dallas has never won a single one during my lifetime. They've never even gotten to an NFC Championship in my lifetime.

I was born two months after their last Super Bowl. Being a Cowboys fan has not been easy but I continue on unimpeded.

I hear you Blue! Good Luck with your new HC! How long will the brass give him? What if he pulls the Mat Patricia and go under .500 his first 3 seasons, is he done?? And I do have a ? IMO the cowboys are not in re-build, just re-tool mode. They are good, but not consistent! What do you think McCarthy will bring to the Boys, that Garrett didn't have? And how long before we're to expect a championship in Dallas? Are you expecting them to be legit contenders next season with McCarthy right away or is there room for legit re-tooling, get to know your offense, philosophy and give him a couple seasons?

What's Jerry got cookin?

Sponsor

Sponsor

Rixster67r
Hall of Fame

Postby Rixster67r » Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:50 pm

I predict a Superbowl in the next three seasons...... I think McCarthy is an excellent choice and will take the Boys back to the Bowl

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Fri Jan 10, 2020 3:48 am

MikeWest502 wrote:
RevanFan wrote:
MikeWest502 wrote:
Well bro, your opinion of very little is different than mine! Just going to the playoffs, and winning the division is NOT what it's about! McCarthy has a lot of work to do to get the Cowboys to the level of greatness he could not propel the Packers to! Let's table this until he gets his first season in! I'll hold my water for now!

AaronS's post has the talk points I'd use!

I'll gladly take one Super Bowl. Dallas has never won a single one during my lifetime. They've never even gotten to an NFC Championship in my lifetime.

I was born two months after their last Super Bowl. Being a Cowboys fan has not been easy but I continue on unimpeded.

I hear you Blue! Good Luck with your new HC! How long will the brass give him? What if he pulls the Mat Patricia and go under .500 his first 3 seasons, is he done?? And I do have a ? IMO the cowboys are not in re-build, just re-tool mode. They are good, but not consistent! What do you think McCarthy will bring to the Boys, that Garrett didn't have? And how long before we're to expect a championship in Dallas? Are you expecting them to be legit contenders next season with McCarthy right away or is there room for legit re-tooling, get to know your offense, philosophy and give him a couple seasons?

What's Jerry got cookin?

Okay. To answer some of the questions:

1. If he goes under .500 3 straight years, Jerrry might not can him immediately, but he'll be on very thin ice.
2. For one, he'll hold players accountable when they screw up. Garrett didn't seem to ever really do that.
3. They'll be legit contenders, even with deficiencies, simply because the NFC East is terrible. Once you're in the playoffs, all bets are off.
4. How long to expect a championship? That's impossible to know. The NFL is very hard to win in, even with a great team. Any given Sunday things can go off the rails.
5. Jerry definitely won't gut the team if they don't do 100% great in 2020. He's prepared for some growing pains, but not too many. I think 3 years is how long he'll get to at least get us far.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:13 am

Again, I wish you Boys luck! I hope he pull's the Matt Lafleur down in Green Bay, by righting the ship instantly, instead of the Mat Patricia up in Detroit, who's sinking his ship faster that ever!

And you're right about winning the big game. It's tough and a lot has to fall in place if you're not in N.E! But the East is ripe for the taking as long as Carson Wentz where Carson has Wentz before(always injured for the biggest games), Dallas should claim the title this coming seasoned. And the Giants and Skins are surely no threat are both in rebuild mode!

jose21crisis
Hall of Fame

Postby jose21crisis » Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:07 pm

RevanFan wrote:Okay. To answer some of the questions:

1. If he goes under .500 3 straight years, Jerrry might not can him immediately, but he'll be on very thin ice.
2. For one, he'll hold players accountable when they screw up. Garrett didn't seem to ever really do that.
3. They'll be legit contenders, even with deficiencies, simply because the NFC East is terrible. Once you're in the playoffs, all bets are off.
4. How long to expect a championship? That's impossible to know. The NFL is very hard to win in, even with a great team. Any given Sunday things can go off the rails.
5. Jerry definitely won't gut the team if they don't do 100% great in 2020. He's prepared for some growing pains, but not too many. I think 3 years is how long he'll get to at least get us far.

1. As long as there is no feuding between the two, they should be fine.
3. Well, the Cowboys have the only good QB in that division, that gives them a good advantage.
4. I'd think at least 2 division titles in 3 years and 1 NFCCG. As for a SB ... that's tougher.
5. He won't gut the team, but the cap space could get mad at him ...
Semper fi
If you fail to plan, you plan to fail. Always have a plan. And a backup plan. And backups to the backup.
And be able to improvise.

AaronS
Hall of Fame

Postby AaronS » Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:36 pm

RevanFan wrote:
MikeWest502 wrote:
RevanFan wrote:I'll gladly take one Super Bowl. Dallas has never won a single one during my lifetime. They've never even gotten to an NFC Championship in my lifetime.

What's Jerry got cookin?

Unfortunately #2 is completely debatable.

Look at how long they struggled defensively with NO answers. 2011, until he was dismissed last year.

After that 2014 NFCC Game meltdown, it was clear Capers wasn't going to get his magic back, but he held on to him for 3 more years.

They had a top 5 offense 4 times 2011-2016, 1 more season there in the top 10. The defense cost them Super Bowl trips. Its almost impossible to argue accountability with all that in mind.

If he was with a team with an owner, he would have been held MUCH more accountable for his teams shortcomings.

I'd have to point to the Eddie Lacy situation as well. Critical member of the offense. 3000 scrimmage yards, 24 tds his first 2 seasons. Did his best to eat his way off the team. He was never removed as the teams starting RB despite 2 seasons where he was completely ineffective due to putting himself ahead of his team.

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:19 pm

AaronS wrote:
RevanFan wrote:
MikeWest502 wrote:

What's Jerry got cookin?

Look at how long they struggled defensively with NO answers. 2011, until he was dismissed last year.

After that 2014 NFCC Game meltdown, it was clear Capers wasn't going to get his magic back, but he held on to him for 3 more years.

They had a top 5 offense 4 times 2011-2016, 1 more season there in the top 10. The defense cost them Super Bowl trips. Its almost impossible to argue accountability with all that in mind.

If he was with a team with an owner, he would have been held MUCH more accountable for his teams shortcomings.

I'd have to point to the Eddie Lacy situation as well. Critical member of the offense. 3000 scrimmage yards, 24 tds his first 2 seasons. Did his best to eat his way off the team. He was never removed as the teams starting RB despite 2 seasons where he was completely ineffective due to putting himself ahead of his team.

AaronS, if I need a lawyer, I'm surely calling! All valid points! Stat-O-Stiton machine! Ok, RevanFan, do you have a rebuttal on Mike's behalf? Or are the Boy's doomed to Mike's inability to be accountable for his team's ineptness?

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Sun Jan 12, 2020 6:13 am

MikeWest502 wrote:
AaronS wrote:
RevanFan wrote:Okay. To answer some of the questions:

AaronS, if I need a lawyer, I'm surely calling! All valid points! Stat-O-Stiton machine! Ok, RevanFan, do you have a rebuttal on Mike's behalf? Or are the Boy's doomed to Mike's inability to be accountable for his team's ineptness?

From what I've seen, he's been focusing quite a lot on what went wrong for him in Green Bay in an attempt to improve himself since he lost his job there. I have no rebuttal, other than I'm not going to fire him before he's even coached a game. I'm tentatively excited, and I think we could be good with him. Time will tell.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:22 pm

Good Luck and stay positive!

AaronS
Hall of Fame

Postby AaronS » Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:29 am

As I said, I'll be rooting for him. He really won my respect with the way he handled his dismissal.

Can't remember which talking head said it, but I think Mac will do well working for an owner, especially one like Jerrah. Complacency was a problem in Green Bay, especially the last few years. Their failing can't all be thrown at McCarthys feet. They had to make sweeping organizational changes. Jones wants to win in the worst way, and from what I can tell, McCarthy is one of the few true football people Jerrah has, so I would he's gonna have a lot personnel say.

I don't think Mac could have picked a better situation. Bet he's thrilled to have left the Browns at the alter.

Return to “Dallas Cowboys”