Dak Prescott Dillema

Satanhhh
Rookie

Dak Prescott Dillema

Postby Satanhhh » Mon May 11, 2020 5:13 pm

This situation has been going on for so long, and it has never felt like the two sides have ever gotten any closer to working this out. So what are everyone's thoughts on whether Dak Prescott will actually play for Dallas again or end up somewhere else?

There have been whispering of the Cowboys possibly trading Prescott, which I could see Jerry Jones doing to get like a 3rd and either 4th or 5th round draft pick (see Herschel Walker), especially considering it does not seem like they want to keep Prescott around for the amount of money he's asking for. I really don't see him staying and playing on the franchise tag, just does not feel like a feasible thing considering how the overall situation and negotiations have gone. What are your thoughts?

Dak Prescott Dillema

Sponsor

Sponsor

RevanFan
Legend

Re: Dak Prescott Dillema

Postby RevanFan » Mon May 11, 2020 5:24 pm

Satanhhh wrote:This situation has been going on for so long, and it has never felt like the two sides have ever gotten any closer to working this out. So what are everyone's thoughts on whether Dak Prescott will actually play for Dallas again or end up somewhere else?

There have been whispering of the Cowboys possibly trading Prescott, which I could see Jerry Jones doing to get like a 3rd and either 4th or 5th round draft pick (see Herschel Walker), especially considering it does not seem like they want to keep Prescott around for the amount of money he's asking for. I really don't see him staying and playing on the franchise tag, just does not feel like a feasible thing considering how the overall situation and negotiations have gone. What are your thoughts?

There's no way Dallas is trading Dak, and there's no way he plays anywhere else. He is our QB. We have no better options, and Dak so far has been great. He'll wait as long as he can, then either sign the tag or sign a deal. He's not going anywhere. Players almost always eventually cave when they're on the tag. If things get really bad he might miss a few games, but he'll be playing with Dallas this season, and likely far beyond. When you have a sure thing you don't pass it up for hopes and dreams.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Re: Dak Prescott Dillema

Postby MikeWest502 » Tue May 12, 2020 3:02 am

After I listen to Skip and Shannon, they think Jerry is using Dalton as leverage to make Dak sign for lower than what his market value currently is! Skip thinks that Dalton is the best backup they could get is scenario and thinks Dalton will be successful in Dallas given the opp! Imo, Jerry using Dalton as a pawn thinking he manipulate the situation to fit him best! Shannon and Skip think that Andy carried the Bengals all those seasons when they were 10-6. I think it was Marvin Lewis top 10 defense that was their staple and Andy was just a good game manager! If Dallas goes with Dalton, they won't be contenders, Philly will win the division again! And they will get the same Andy Dalton who's been mid-tier, and stay middle of the pack and no rebirth of glory! Btw, how long is Andy's leash if given a starting opp if Dak sits out! Who will Dallas turn to when the real Andy shows up? How dumb will Jerry look then! Why didn't they bank on grooming Cooper Rush? Why waste the money and his time?

Skip made a point about Dalton being the most boring QB the past 10 seasons, but now that Andy is with Dallas, Skip has changed his tune, praising Dallas for getting such a quality player, I got confused!

Revanfan, I agree with you 100%! But if the cowboys do blunder and trade Dak away for future picks, they simply will stay a .500ish team! And it will be proven how smart Jerry Jones really is!

I think Zek is misused and is getting tired of the Jerry Jones bullshit. He will be the first to leave, because I know he want's to win a championship! Once his contract is up, he won't sign an extension with Dallas again! He should be the big dog that drives the team! I don't see any improvement from them if Dalton is their guy!

Return to “Dallas Cowboys”