Dak Prescott

Austinmario13
Hall of Fame

Dak Prescott

Postby Austinmario13 » Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:53 pm

I don't konw what to think. I believe that it's Andy Dalton's to lose. I want to know other people's thoughts.

Dak Prescott

Sponsor

Sponsor

RevanFan
Legend

Re: Dak Prescott

Postby RevanFan » Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:57 pm

Austinmario13 wrote:I don't konw what to think. I believe that it's Andy Dalton's to lose. I want to know other people's thoughts.

It's Andy Dalton's job to lose because our next guy after him is 7th round rookie. Dalton is one of the best backups in the league, but he is no Dak Prescott. Not even close.

My thoughts? From the minute I saw the injury I stopped caring about the game. I was sad for him. Sad for the team. Worried for him. Mostly just hoping it wasn't too bad. It's bad, but nothing career-ending thankfully. And Dallas had better pay up when the season is over.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Postby elguapo » Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:29 pm

I think Dalton is going to succeed just like Romo and Dak have.

What happened to Dak is bad but he still has his health and he's going to have a productive life ahead of him, sports isn't everything.

He knew the risks associated with the game and his doctor's bill are going to be paid by cowboys. He is also getting $31million so financially he is set for life.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Wed Oct 14, 2020 5:22 am

elguapo wrote:I think Dalton is going to succeed just like Romo and Dak have.

What happened to Dak is bad but he still has his health and he's going to have a productive life ahead of him, sports isn't everything.

He knew the risks associated with the game and his doctor's bill are going to be paid by cowboys. He is also getting $31million so financially he is set for life.

You're talking like his career is over. He'll back back in time for training camp with whomever he plays next season. Hopefully it'll be Dallas, but it will definitely be somewhere.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Postby ultimatum77 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 6:31 am

As much as Prescott has a unique skill set I don't think he ever improved his game study of reading defenses. I always thought he was talented but focused more on the qb waddles/mechanics of his game rather than the mental aspect which I think is where he needs to grow. His decision-making is erratic still after 4 years in the league at times and I think if Dalton becomes a Tannehill and succeeds into at least one wild card playoff win. Dak is history in Dallas.

I've read his story about how he had to work hard for his time in the Star but I think he was too busy partying and not studying how to properly read defenses as he should. This is just my outside observation. Who knows maybe he's a playbook nerd. But from outside stories I've read about him and his social media posts in the past, it seems unlikely.

As a fan of a team which had this happen, it can go both ways where sometimes you succeed with the right guy replacing an inept starter. Or you pick a flash in the pan backup as the next season's starter and it doesn't work out.

I think Dak has not done enough in the playoffs over the past few years and as great as he is in the regular season. The playoffs are what count. Jerry Jones may pretend to be sad his "starter" is down but im sure inside as a businessman he's hoping his Dalton gamble pays off so he doesn't have to break the bank for Dak. If Dalton finishes the year with a 10-6 record. Dak will be done. 9-7 or 8-8 and Dak probably will be retained. Either way with the Cowboys the ball is in their court when it comes to negotiations because of this injury. Dak was stupid not to sign the contract offered earlier by the Cowboys. This is just like Melvin Gordon with the Chargers except it is the qb version of getting greedy and betting on yourself which usually does not work out.
For help running madden please consult my guide and posts from fellow users here....thanks! (link below) viewtopic.php?f=22&t=17907
I'm not on site much, so if I don't respond it's b/c I haven't checked in a while.

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Postby elguapo » Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:16 pm

RevanFan wrote:
elguapo wrote:I think Dalton is going to succeed just like Romo and Dak have.

You're talking like his career is over. He'll back back in time for training camp with whomever he plays next season. Hopefully it'll be Dallas, but it will definitely be somewhere.

Not at all. I was pointing the fact that at the worst outcome this player is fortunate to live in a country where he is better off than most people are by playing a game.

Return to “Dallas Cowboys”