15 ex-employees allege sexual harassment in WSH

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:56 pm

The Washington Post reports 15 former female employees have alleged sexual harassment during their time working for the Washington football team.
Of the 15, only former marketing coordinator Emily Applegate was able to speak on the record. Most of the rest are apparently bound by non-disclosure agreements, with the team refusing to grant their release. The allegations date from as far back as 2006 to 2019. The Post summarizes the allegations as falling into two categories: "Unwelcome overtures or comments of a sexual nature, and exhortations to wear revealing clothing and flirt with clients to close sales deals." Three of the men accused in the article — ex-radio announcer Larry Michael, former director of pro personnel Alex Santos and former assistant director of pro personnel Richard Mann II — have already been fired. The team has hired a law firm to "conduct a thorough independent review of this entire matter and help the team set new employee standards for the future.” Sure. The allegations only further highlight what has been obvious to almost any football observer over the past 20 years: Daniel Snyder is not fit to own a team in the National Football League.

I like the title "Allege", it''s true, it's DAM true! What a shame!

Sponsor

Sponsor

RevanFan
Legend

Re: 15 ex-employees allege sexual harassment in WSH

Postby RevanFan » Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:11 pm

Be warned to all who post here; we will not take rule violations lightly and will quickly lock this thread if it goes south.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

KO'BBF
MVP

Postby KO'BBF » Fri Jul 17, 2020 1:00 am

MikeWest502 wrote:The Washington Post reports 15 former female employees have alleged sexual harassment during their time working for the Washington football team.
Of the 15, only former marketing coordinator Emily Applegate was able to speak on the record. Most of the rest are apparently bound by non-disclosure agreements, with the team refusing to grant their release. The allegations date from as far back as 2006 to 2019. The Post summarizes the allegations as falling into two categories: "Unwelcome overtures or comments of a sexual nature, and exhortations to wear revealing clothing and flirt with clients to close sales deals." Three of the men accused in the article — ex-radio announcer Larry Michael, former director of pro personnel Alex Santos and former assistant director of pro personnel Richard Mann II — have already been fired. The team has hired a law firm to "conduct a thorough independent review of this entire matter and help the team set new employee standards for the future.” Sure. The allegations only further highlight what has been obvious to almost any football observer over the past 20 years: Daniel Snyder is not fit to own a team in the National Football League.

I like the title "Allege", it''s true, it's DAM true! What a shame!

That is a sad story. ... but yeah, I'm surprised Daniel Snyder made any money at all to even get this far.
"There are Coaches who spend eighteen hours a day coaching the perfect game, and they lose because the ball is oval and they can't control the bounce." - Bud Grant

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Fri Jul 17, 2020 1:32 pm

RevanFan wrote:Be warned to all who post here; we will not take rule violations lightly and will quickly lock this thread if it goes south.

I agree! For me it sad too!! The many professional women who want to be a part of such a strong organization in every platform (now referee's), even if they are the cheerleaders in their costumes to wow the crowd, are still professionals and need not be treated as such and nothing less!

You would not want your wife, daughter, sister, or mother, or any of them to be degraded by anyone anywhere, especially in their work place where they are simply trying to just do their job!! I trust them that called foul! I hope they get their justice and not be discredited like in the past!

Another tarnish on the league's brilliant face breaks my heart! I am glad they did speak out and not allow themselves to be treated unfairly just because it's the NFL!

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Fri Jul 17, 2020 1:36 pm

KO'BBF wrote:That is a sad story. ... but yeah, I'm surprised Daniel Snyder made any money at all to even get this far.

I did notice that ever since Snyder has been there, the team has fallen from their glory days of rich tradition and success on the field!

Randall12
MVP

Postby Randall12 » Fri Jul 17, 2020 1:58 pm

I'm also hearing the other 40% Owners want to sell. Could you imagine , Dan Synder tag teaming up with some one real wealthy that keeping the name won't effect anything ?.

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Fri Jul 17, 2020 2:14 pm

Randall12 wrote:I'm also hearing the other 40% Owners want to sell. Could you imagine , Dan Synder tag teaming up with some one real wealthy that keeping the name won't effect anything ?.

This topic is about the professional women in their organization's harrassment, not the name change. That topic is close!

Randall12
MVP

Postby Randall12 » Fri Jul 17, 2020 4:49 pm

MikeWest502 wrote:
Randall12 wrote:I'm also hearing the other 40% Owners want to sell. Could you imagine , Dan Synder tag teaming up with some one real wealthy that keeping the name won't effect anything ?.

This topic is about the professional women in their organization's harrassment, not the name change. That topic is close!

Understood ! I for second thought all the madness of the team in 1 thread would be fine :lol:

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Fri Jul 17, 2020 7:55 pm

Randall12 wrote:
MikeWest502 wrote:

Understood ! I for second thought all the madness of the team in 1 thread would be fine :lol:

Everybody has a right to voice their personal opinion as long as it's in regard to the topic and stays respectful of other's opinions! And you are correct in the team's state of madness! It must be difficult for them not to be able to only focus on football matters. Their plate is full! I do hope they handle/correct their organizational issues! The cloud over their heads is getting darker and thunderous!

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Sat Jul 18, 2020 4:58 pm

My apologies sir. I didn't fill in the missing word in your opening statement! The other owners want "him" to sell! Makes since to me and...

Responding to the Washington Post's story painting a culture of intimidation and harassment inside the organization, Washington owner Daniel Snyder has claimed a "new culture and standard" is coming.
Snyder also claimed the process already began with the hiring of coach Ron Rivera. That would not explain why he waited until the past two weeks to fire three of the worst offenders identified in the article, of course. Everyone knows these are empty words. Snyder has long been the NFL's worst owner. The only way that will change is if he sells the team.

They may indeed push him to sell! There's a owner meeting soon! That meeting will decide his fate! But if he is pushed to sell, I'm sure he will be compensated accordingly! Forbes' list them as the NFL's seventh most valuable franchise at $3.4 billion! Talk about that severance check!

Return to “Washington Football Team”