I bleed BLACK N GOLD

Re: Wahsington Football Team

Sponsor

Sponsor

Randall12
MVP

Postby Randall12 » Sat Jul 25, 2020 2:14 pm

BUS36 wrote:I think they want to go with "Warriors" but I did hear about the "Sentinels"

Yeah as Dan and Ron said something about honoring the army and natives.

So like WARRIORS with the Native Spearheads would be cool.

BUS36
Hall of Fame

Postby BUS36 » Sat Jul 25, 2020 2:34 pm

Honestly I am starting to believe that they are going with the Sentinels.....

Sentinels.jpg
Sentinels.jpg (110.06 KiB) Viewed 2095 times

From the movie "Replacements"

Washington Sentinels.jpg
Washington Sentinels.jpg (126.64 KiB) Viewed 2095 times

Washington Sentinels_1.jpg
Washington Sentinels_1.jpg (125.75 KiB) Viewed 2095 times
I bleed BLACK N GOLD

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Sat Jul 25, 2020 9:41 pm

My vote: Washington Football Team. Just keep it boring and maybe abbreviate it like a soccer team. Washington FT.

I'm joking of course. I'd rather they have a stupid name than none at all. Soccer teams that don't have team names annoy me.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

joho823
Pro Bowl

Postby joho823 » Sun Jul 26, 2020 11:09 am

You left out "Red Tails" and "Red Wolves" as they have emerged as two of the front-runners for the Washington franchise's new name. Also, both would keep the "HTTR" theme alive.

In the case of the Red Tails, they would honor the WWII-era Tuskegee Airmen, who were recognized for the red-painted tails of their fighter planes. Meanwhile, the Red Wolves would be named for the endangered Canis lupus rufus, which historically occupied the region near Our Nation's Capital. Heck, even former Washington DB Fred Smoot advocated for the Red Wolves name change.

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Sun Jul 26, 2020 2:51 pm

joho823 wrote:You left out "Red Tails" and "Red Wolves" as they have emerged as two of the front-runners for the Washington franchise's new name. Also, both would keep the "HTTR" theme alive.

In the case of the Red Tails, they would honor the WWII-era Tuskegee Airmen, who were recognized for the red-painted tails of their fighter planes. Meanwhile, the Red Wolves would be named for the endangered Canis lupus rufus, which historically occupied the region near Our Nation's Capital. Heck, even former Washington DB Fred Smoot advocated for the Red Wolves name change.

Those are great! My Washington Defenders, I came up with after watching the WAR of 1812. Honoring those brave men and women who defended the U.S.A from the British!

I also have the "Washington Storm" also from the 1812 battle! The storm wiped the Brits off the map sealing the victory!

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Sun Jul 26, 2020 3:59 pm

MikeWest502 wrote:
joho823 wrote:You left out "Red Tails" and "Red Wolves" as they have emerged as two of the front-runners for the Washington franchise's new name. Also, both would keep the "HTTR" theme alive.

Those are great! My Washington Defenders, I came up with after watching the WAR of 1812. Honoring those brave men and women who defended the U.S.A from the British!

I also have the "Washington Storm" also from the 1812 battle! The storm wiped the Brits off the map sealing the victory!

Well... Technically we were the aggressors in that war, though the British had done stuff like trade restrictions that pissed us off. In fact, one of the causes of the War of 1812 that historians debate is the British arming Native Americans who were fighting against the US. So... maybe a name referencing the War of 1812 isn't the best idea. Also... the NFL wants to expand to London eventually. The War of 1812 was a very long time ago... but still...
My Cowboys Journal

Randall12
MVP

Postby Randall12 » Sun Jul 26, 2020 10:25 pm

BUS36 wrote:Honestly I am starting to believe that they are going with the Sentinels.....

Sentinels.jpg

Washington Sentinels.jpg

The word Sentinel does get connected to indigenous People. Natives. So it does keep the Native American connection.

The statements released said they want to something that can be tied with US Army and the native americans , What could that be then ?

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:53 pm

Randall12 wrote:
BUS36 wrote:Honestly I am starting to believe that they are going with the Sentinels.....

Sentinels.jpg

Washington Sentinels.jpg

The word Sentinel does get connected to indigenous People. Natives. So it does keep the Native American connection.

The statements released said they want to something that can be tied with US Army and the native americans , What could that be then ?

Something to do with code talkers maybe?
My Cowboys Journal

BUS36
Hall of Fame

Postby BUS36 » Tue Jul 28, 2020 10:18 am

Sentinels....is both military and Native Americans. the definition is: one who stands guards or watches over a post. Another name is sentry.
I bleed BLACK N GOLD

Return to “Washington Football Team”