Playoffs!!!!

KeepinItTeal
Hall of Fame

Re: Playoffs!!!!

Postby KeepinItTeal » Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:41 am

Danchat wrote:
KeepinItTeal wrote:The transformation of Bortles the last three weeks has been amazing and surprising... I've been trying to figure out the difference and I think it is two things (1) he has suddenly become much more aware in the pocket and uses his feet to move up and move around to create space to throw, and (2) he has shortened up his wind-up. Those two fixes and wow, what a difference. If he can keep up this level of play (and yes, I am a totally biased homer) there is not a team out there right now that they can't beat (including Pittsburgh, already man-handled them anyway, and New England... Brady has not faced a pass rush and shutdown corners like this in a long time and we have Bill Belichick's kryptonite, Tom Coughlin on our side!)

Sorry Jags fans, but I'm not buying this team as a legitimate contender. Look at that nice stat line from Bortles today: 15 for 34 with 158 yards and 2 interceptions. Nice! The defense is really good, but I can't see them getting past the Patriots. Not with Bortles.

I agree with this. Bortles will have an ok game here or there but in the end the guy is just not an NFL caliber QB. If we don't move on from him this off season it will be a huge mistake.

Sponsor

Sponsor

BUS36
Hall of Fame

Postby BUS36 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:50 am

Good Luck in the playoffs...Jags are a very good defensive team but these last two losses have shown some things. the playoffs are different than the regular season.. I will like to see the Steelers get a chance at a rematch..Again Good luck.
I bleed BLACK N GOLD

madden07eurocat
Hall of Fame

Postby madden07eurocat » Mon Jan 01, 2018 2:33 am

Keep in mind that it's been said many times, but I am a firm believer in that "Defense Wins Championships". The Jags have a good one and I feel that they'll get as far as the defense can carry them. I tend to agree with KIT about Bortles, but he is the best they have at the moment. Let's just hope that he's up to the challenge.
In the immortal words of YODA.....May the Force be with you!
Don't sweat the petty things, and yet don't pet the sweaty things! ;)

jose21crisis
Hall of Fame

Postby jose21crisis » Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:41 pm

While I'm a firm believer of "Defense wins Championships", I believe more in "The best strategy to winning this game is scoring more points than your opponent". Cliche? Very, Truth? Yes. The best defense in the world won't be useful if the offense can't finish their drives. Just ask the Bills. They managed to do a pick 6 on Brady. Which was their only touchdown of the game. The Pats won, because ... that's what the Pats do. The Jaguars' fate is really on the shoulders of Blake Bortles, and I recently started comparing him to Eli Manning, because Eli came in 3 versions, Decent Eli, which got them to 2 Super Bowls, On-damn-fire Eli, which won 2 Super Bowls (And is capable of escaping of every member of the Patriots, every single one of them). And Bad Eli, which is the one we normally see. The same happens with Bortles. Bortles can be Decent Bortles, relying on the running game and actually accurate passing, On-damn-fire Bortles, which is more accurate than Drew Brees. Or Bad Bortles, which will turn the ball over all the day? It really depends on him, and if the Bills are capable of running the ball. If they can run the football and Bad Bortles shows up, the Jaguars could be in problem.
Semper fi
If you fail to plan, you plan to fail. Always have a plan. And a backup plan. And backups to the backup.
And be able to improvise.

Return to “Jacksonville Jaguars”