Playoffs!!!!

KeepinItTeal
Hall of Fame

Playoffs!!!!

Postby KeepinItTeal » Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:09 pm

It’s been ten long years!! Was so fun to be at the bank today!! Go Jags!!

Playoffs!!!!

Sponsor

Sponsor

jose21crisis
Hall of Fame

Re: Playoffs!!!!

Postby jose21crisis » Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:39 pm

The Jaguars did a great job this season breaking that ten year playoffs drought. Now is time to hope they don't do a Peyton Manning Special and go one-and-done. But considering how the have been doing, they should be fine.
Semper fi
If you fail to plan, you plan to fail. Always have a plan. And a backup plan. And backups to the backup.
And be able to improvise.

achernar
Hall of Fame

Postby achernar » Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:41 am

KeepinItTeal wrote:It’s been ten long years!! Was so fun to be at the bank today!! Go Jags!!

Great to see the Jags up again...

Just expecting to Bortles don't thrown the team down the bus

KeepinItTeal
Hall of Fame

Postby KeepinItTeal » Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:26 am

The transformation of Bortles the last three weeks has been amazing and surprising... I've been trying to figure out the difference and I think it is two things (1) he has suddenly become much more aware in the pocket and uses his feet to move up and move around to create space to throw, and (2) he has shortened up his wind-up. Those two fixes and wow, what a difference. If he can keep up this level of play (and yes, I am a totally biased homer) there is not a team out there right now that they can't beat (including Pittsburgh, already man-handled them anyway, and New England... Brady has not faced a pass rush and shutdown corners like this in a long time and we have Bill Belichick's kryptonite, Tom Coughlin on our side!)

jose21crisis
Hall of Fame

Postby jose21crisis » Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:03 am

KeepinItTeal wrote:The transformation of Bortles the last three weeks has been amazing and surprising... I've been trying to figure out the difference and I think it is two things (1) he has suddenly become much more aware in the pocket and uses his feet to move up and move around to create space to throw, and (2) he has shortened up his wind-up. Those two fixes and wow, what a difference. If he can keep up this level of play (and yes, I am a totally biased homer) there is not a team out there right now that they can't beat (including Pittsburgh, already man-handled them anyway, and New England... Brady has not faced a pass rush and shutdown corners like this in a long time and we have Bill Belichick's kryptonite, Tom Coughlin on our side!)

I don't think Bortles can be called over-rated anymore. He improved in 3 weeks. Maybe they got a body double before these weeks because he is playing amazingly.

Back in '07, the Jaguars beat Pittsburgh in the playoffs with David Garrard. Maybe we will see a repeat this season? (I hope not, they already got curb stomped in regular season with body double Bortles, don't want to see what the real deal Bortles could do to their secondary.) As for the Pats, they have a serious passing attack, but with the Jags' shutdown corners, they should be forced to run and they don't have a great running game
Semper fi
If you fail to plan, you plan to fail. Always have a plan. And a backup plan. And backups to the backup.
And be able to improvise.

trey31
Hall of Fame

Postby trey31 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:22 pm

KeepinItTeal wrote:...Bill Belichick's kryptonite, Tom Coughlin...

I thought it was holy water? Isn't that what kills demonic forces?? :lol:
My M08 mod work is all open-source to anyone who wants to use it in any way, no restrictions or permissions necessary.

achernar
Hall of Fame

Postby achernar » Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:18 pm

KeepinItTeal wrote:The transformation of Bortles the last three weeks has been amazing and surprising... I've been trying to figure out the difference and I think it is two things (1) he has suddenly become much more aware in the pocket and uses his feet to move up and move around to create space to throw, and (2) he has shortened up his wind-up. Those two fixes and wow, what a difference. If he can keep up this level of play (and yes, I am a totally biased homer) there is not a team out there right now that they can't beat (including Pittsburgh, already man-handled them anyway, and New England... Brady has not faced a pass rush and shutdown corners like this in a long time and we have Bill Belichick's kryptonite, Tom Coughlin on our side!)

I dont watched many minutes of Jaguars games this month... so didn't see Bortles making things better
but agreed with you... with one team could cause trouble to New England, IMHO is the Jaguars...

I really believe they do a great pass rush without sending blitzes... this game could end up being a great upset in the postseason

KeepinItTeal
Hall of Fame

Postby KeepinItTeal » Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:37 pm

trey31 wrote:
KeepinItTeal wrote:...Bill Belichick's kryptonite, Tom Coughlin...

I thought it was holy water? Isn't that what kills demonic forces?? :lol:

Perhaps Tom carries holy water with him, but the world may never know...

Danchat
Hall of Fame

Postby Danchat » Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:21 pm

Sorry Jags fans, but I'm not buying this team as a legitimate contender. Look at that nice stat line from Bortles today: 15 for 34 with 158 yards and 2 interceptions. Nice! The defense is really good, but I can't see them getting past the Patriots. Not with Bortles.
Franchise Journal - Atticus Jenkins: Head Coach of the San Francisco 49ers
http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2387&start=400

Col. Trautman
MVP

Postby Col. Trautman » Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:41 pm

I hate to disagree with a mod, but coming from a Packer fan, the Jags have a decent shot, not saying they will go entirely the distance, but making the playoffs is still big!

Return to “Jacksonville Jaguars”