Re: Super Bowl LIV Logo Announced

Postby KeepinItTeal » Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:14 pm

Ick. :(

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:51 pm

KeepinItTeal wrote:Ick. :(

Agreed. It would have been better to have the trophy be the "I". Or just... you know... have the trophy somewhere else.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Postby elguapo » Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:27 am

We live in America, it's time to start using good 'ol American numbers. Besides the NFL is moving to being less violent which is the opposite of the Roman way where gladiator fights were very violent. And while there at it, the NFL should start requiring players to wearing belts with flags around their waists.

jose21crisis
Hall of Fame

Postby jose21crisis » Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:39 am

RevanFan wrote:

Agreed. It would have been better to have the trophy be the "I". Or just... you know... have the trophy somewhere else.

They could have placed the Lombardi in the background with the LIV in front and I think it would look anicer. Also, what's up with the yellow?
Semper fi
If you fail to plan, you plan to fail. Always have a plan. And a backup plan. And backups to the backup.
And be able to improvise.

KeepinItTeal
Hall of Fame

Postby KeepinItTeal » Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:53 am

jose21crisis wrote:
RevanFan wrote:

They could have placed the Lombardi in the background with the LIV in front and I think it would look anicer. Also, what's up with the yellow?

Trying to give it a Florida feel? (since the game is in Miami) Who knows, looks like a 7th grader drew it up.

sarcasticface
Hall of Fame

Postby sarcasticface » Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:19 am

KeepinItTeal wrote:
jose21crisis wrote:
RevanFan wrote:Agreed. It would have been better to have the trophy be the "I". Or just... you know... have the trophy somewhere else.

Trying to give it a Florida feel? (since the game is in Miami) Who knows, looks like a 7th grader drew it up.

Lol.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:04 pm

elguapo wrote:We live in America, it's time to start using good 'ol American numbers. Besides the NFL is moving to being less violent which is the opposite of the Roman way where gladiator fights were very violent. And while there at it, the NFL should start requiring players to wearing belts with flags around their waists.

When you really think about it, they are using "American numbers", since our numbers come from 10th century Europe, and those numbers are an evolution of Roman numerals and "Hindu numerals."

EDIT: Actually... the Hindu origin is far more prominent today than is the Roman origin, so I suppose the Roman numerals are disconnected a bit. But they look cool. When the NFL used "50" instead of "L" for Super Bowl 50, it really pissed me off, haha.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Postby ultimatum77 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:52 am

The lack of symmetry is an eye-sore. These guys can't design a better logo than numerals? Bleh NFL this sucks....
For help running madden please consult my guide and posts from fellow users here....thanks! (link below) viewtopic.php?f=22&t=17907
I'm not on site much, so if I don't respond it's b/c I haven't checked in a while.

TVGuy22
Pro Bowl

Postby TVGuy22 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:45 pm

Liv Tyler should sing the national anthem, no?

Return to “NFL Football”