http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... reviewable

Pass Interference is now reviewable

Sponsor

Sponsor

jose21crisis
Hall of Fame

Re: Pass Interference is now reviewable

Postby jose21crisis » Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:32 pm

I'll just say that this came way too late for the Saints, and apply Rule of Cautious Editing Judgement (Watch what you write, lest you start a fight) and stop right there.
Semper fi
If you fail to plan, you plan to fail. Always have a plan. And a backup plan. And backups to the backup.
And be able to improvise.

sarcasticface
Hall of Fame

Postby sarcasticface » Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:43 pm

jose21crisis wrote:I'll just say that this came way too late for the Saints, and apply Rule of Cautious Editing Judgement (Watch what you write, lest you start a fight) and stop right there.

Well, that’s what happened. I mean, as a Saints fan, it sucked. They do that most of the time. 2009, the Vikings lost in sudden death OT. 2010, OT rules changed. I’m sure Vikings fans were p!ssed. I still have nightmares about the no-call (not really, but you get what I mean).

KO'BBF
MVP

Postby KO'BBF » Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:34 am

Ugh! :roll: I'm the guy who wants 0 reviews. It's a human game. I want to see it played and left on the field, human interaction during live gameplay only. What is even the point of a "white hat" referee when someone in New York bis behind a desk of TV screens is making the official call.

I'm old school to the bone :)
"There are Coaches who spend eighteen hours a day coaching the perfect game, and they lose because the ball is oval and they can't control the bounce." - Bud Grant

Austinmario13
Hall of Fame

Postby Austinmario13 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 1:50 pm

KO'BBF wrote:Ugh! :roll: I'm the guy who wants 0 reviews. It's a human game. I want to see it played and left on the field, human interaction during live gameplay only. What is even the point of a "white hat" referee when someone in New York bis behind a desk of TV screens is making the official call.

I'm old school to the bone :)

I somewhat think the same, but then you'll get people calling favorites. Games will more likely be rigged.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Wed Mar 27, 2019 1:56 pm

Considering I think every single play and penalty should be subject to potential review, I'm glad to see this.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

Danchat
Hall of Fame

Postby Danchat » Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:44 pm

sarcasticface wrote:
jose21crisis wrote:I'll just say that this came way too late for the Saints, and apply Rule of Cautious Editing Judgement (Watch what you write, lest you start a fight) and stop right there.

Well, that’s what happened. I mean, as a Saints fan, it sucked. They do that most of the time. 2009, the Vikings lost in sudden death OT. 2010, OT rules changed. I’m sure Vikings fans were p!ssed. I still have nightmares about the no-call (not really, but you get what I mean).

I was actually more angry about the bogus pass interference called during overtime on the Vikings defense rather than the fact that OT ended too early... which ties back into why I like this new rule change!
Franchise Journal - Atticus Jenkins: Head Coach of the San Francisco 49ers
http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2387&start=400

Return to “NFL Football”