Aaron Rodgers turning into Tony Romo

RevanFan
Legend

Re: Aaron Rodgers turning into Tony Romo

Postby RevanFan » Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:47 am

ultimatum77 wrote:One good performance against a so-so Raiders defense is nothing to shout about......lets see what he does when the chips are down in the playoffs....

It wasn't really "good" so much as "one of the best of his career."
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

Sponsor

Sponsor

AaronS
Hall of Fame

Postby AaronS » Mon Oct 21, 2019 6:19 am

RevanFan wrote:
ultimatum77 wrote:One good performance against a so-so Raiders defense is nothing to shout about......lets see what he does when the chips are down in the playoffs....

It wasn't really "good" so much as "one of the best of his career."

THE best of his career.

His only game with a perfect passer rating... so far.

ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Postby ultimatum77 » Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:48 pm

Throwing on the Raiders is one thing but I guarantee that he won't put up those numbers on an actually good defense....plus it's just one game....when the playoffs come he folds like always.....I want him to prove me wrong this year and advance to the NFC championship game at least. Until he does that again I will still regard him as a great regular season qb but an average to below average qb in the playoffs, somewhere a bit above a matt ryan who also does the same every year....put up gaudy stats but suck in the playoff games or not make the playoffs at all....
For help running madden please consult my guide and posts from fellow users here....thanks! (link below) viewtopic.php?f=22&t=17907
I'm not on site much, so if I don't respond it's b/c I haven't checked in a while.

AaronS
Hall of Fame

Postby AaronS » Tue Oct 22, 2019 12:11 am

ultimatum77 wrote:Throwing on the Raiders is one thing but I guarantee that he won't put up those numbers on an actually good defense....plus it's just one game....when the playoffs come he folds like always.....I want him to prove me wrong this year and advance to the NFC championship game at least. Until he does that again I will still regard him as a great regular season qb but an average to below average qb in the playoffs, somewhere a bit above a matt ryan who also does the same every year....put up gaudy stats but suck in the playoff games or not make the playoffs at all....

Folds in the Playoffs?

Highest rated post-season passer of all time prior to 2015
5th highest rated post-season passer presently
3rd highest active post-season passer, 1.6 points from the top spot

There is nothing more he could have done to put his team in a position to win Championships.

And I'm sure you'll just come back with something like 'Rodgers is god, and the defense sucks, that's what all you Packers fans say...'

I'd like your honest evaluation on something;

How is Rodgers supposed to win a game with Colin Kaepernick gaining 444 yards.. all by himself?? 579 yards allowed that day
That 2nd 500 burger in Rodgers career.. 531 yards allowed in Rodgers playoff premiere.. they trailed 31-10 at one point, Rodgers managed to get to OT
The 2014 NFCC Game, Rodgers led for 50:23.. the D gave away a 12 point lead under 4:00 to go.. Rodgers got a FG to get to OT, never got the ball back
On 2 other occasions, Rodgers scored the final time he had the ball and the D gave up a walk off score

So with ^^^^ that in mind, you'd look at the Packers and think Rodgers was the problem???

ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Postby ultimatum77 » Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:25 pm

AaronS wrote:
ultimatum77 wrote:Throwing on the Raiders is one thing but I guarantee that he won't put up those numbers on an actually good defense....plus it's just one game....when the playoffs come he folds like always.....I want him to prove me wrong this year and advance to the NFC championship game at least. Until he does that again I will still regard him as a great regular season qb but an average to below average qb in the playoffs, somewhere a bit above a matt ryan who also does the same every year....put up gaudy stats but suck in the playoff games or not make the playoffs at all....

Folds in the Playoffs?

Highest rated post-season passer of all time prior to 2015
5th highest rated post-season passer presently
3rd highest active post-season passer, 1.6 points from the top spot

There is nothing more he could have done to put his team in a position to win Championships.

And I'm sure you'll just come back with something like 'Rodgers is god, and the defense sucks, that's what all you Packers fans say...'

I'd like your honest evaluation on something;

How is Rodgers supposed to win a game with Colin Kaepernick gaining 444 yards.. all by himself?? 579 yards allowed that day
That 2nd 500 burger in Rodgers career.. 531 yards allowed in Rodgers playoff premiere.. they trailed 31-10 at one point, Rodgers managed to get to OT
The 2014 NFCC Game, Rodgers led for 50:23.. the D gave away a 12 point lead under 4:00 to go.. Rodgers got a FG to get to OT, never got the ball back
On 2 other occasions, Rodgers scored the final time he had the ball and the D gave up a walk off score

So with ^^^^ that in mind, you'd look at the Packers and think Rodgers was the problem???

I have no problem with Rodgers and agree his team especially the defense let him down multiple times but like other NFL analysts say elite qb's are supposed to mask the deficiencies of their teams by elevating their play to compensate for it. The issue I have is calling Aaron Rodgers elite or a top 5 qb anymore. I just don't see it in his recent production in the past few seasons. Still think he's better than most of the average qb's but all Im saying is he's no longer elite anymore, probably the only guys I would put up there that are still elite are Brady and Brees. They still are highly effective from the pocket and Rodgers might get back to that class if he has a good year with Lefleur but after 2015 he's really declined so we'll see. Rivers, Eli Manning, Roethlisberger, Rodgers, Ryan, and Flacco have all regressed and are no longer elite qb's anymore but average or in some cases below average starter type qbs. The reason I put Brady and Brees up there is most seasons they always find a way to get into the playoffs and advance at least 1 round. Those other qb's recently have been either 1 and done or not even got to the playoffs since 2016.
For help running madden please consult my guide and posts from fellow users here....thanks! (link below) viewtopic.php?f=22&t=17907
I'm not on site much, so if I don't respond it's b/c I haven't checked in a while.

ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Postby ultimatum77 » Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:20 am

AaronS
Hall of Fame

Postby AaronS » Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:22 am

What did Brees win, all those years with a bottom 3-5 defensive unit? Pretty obvious why he has all those 5000 yard seasons.

Brady? Yeah, real tough to win with a top 10 defense every year. He could be a game manager and win 10 games with that. #1 or 2 defense 4 times, and they're an absolute lock to be #1 again this season... and here's a shocker, 3 out of the 4 years with the top D, the Pats won the SB.

I don't see how Rodgers is any different than Brees in this scenario. Both of them carried their franchise to any success they had the overwhelming majority of their careers.

and look, I don't expect 2011 Aaron Rodgers to come walking through the door. We're not going to see that player again, for a handful or reasons.

Not elite? Whats your definition? Top 5? Can you really name 5 QBs that are better?.. Top 10? You're delusional if you think there are 10 better QBs in football right now. THE undisputed #1 guy? No, he isn't that any more. And won't ever be that again.

But as you said, you're basing this off 2016-present. Rodgers has been hurt, and the Packers needed a reboot. They've both gone through reconstructive surgery, and it looks like they're back on track again. I think all of this is incredibly premature. The Packers are setup to have their best season since 2011, and Rodgers just had the best game of his career.

ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Postby ultimatum77 » Wed Oct 23, 2019 11:34 am

I'd take Brady, Brees, Wilson, Mahomes and Newton (although he's out injured) any of these over Rodgers any day. I never said Rodgers wasn't a top 10 qb, you are just so in love with Rodgers that you did not read my post correctly and just putting words in my mouth lol....re-read it and you will see I no longer consider him top 5/elite due to his playoff record and regression since 2016. I'm not on that Rodgers hype train that's been rolling ever since he won 1 superbowl....where everybody just says oh my gosh Aaron Rodgers.....and yet he only has 1 superbowl.....until he wins another one he's just overrated by the media/fans. Plenty of NFL analysts agree that he is overrated at this point in his career. Still a good qb, but living on fan legacy at this point in terms of rating.

sarcasticface
Hall of Fame

Postby sarcasticface » Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:48 pm

ultimatum77 wrote:I'd take Brady, Brees, Wilson, Mahomes and Newton (although he's out injured) any of these over Rodgers any day. I never said Rodgers wasn't a top 10 qb, you are just so in love with Rodgers that you did not read my post correctly and just putting words in my mouth lol....re-read it and you will see I no longer consider him top 5/elite due to his playoff record and regression since 2016. I'm not on that Rodgers hype train that's been rolling ever since he won 1 superbowl....where everybody just says oh my gosh Aaron Rodgers.....and yet he only has 1 superbowl.....until he wins another one he's just overrated by the media/fans. Plenty of NFL analysts agree that he is overrated at this point in his career. Still a good qb, but living on fan legacy at this point in terms of rating.

Your IQ has to be quite low if you’d take Newton over Rodgers. (Going by the lamest stat ever, QB wins) Newton hasn’t won a game since November 4th of last year. Also he hasn’t won a super bowl at all. QB wins are flawed!!!!!!!!

NickyJ
Hall of Fame

Postby NickyJ » Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:42 pm

sarcasticface wrote:Your IQ has to be quite low

Careful with your edginess. Get it too sharp and you'll cut yourself.

Return to “NFL Football”