Aaron Rodgers turning into Tony Romo

AaronS
Hall of Fame

Re: Aaron Rodgers turning into Tony Romo

Postby AaronS » Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:58 pm

ultimatum77 wrote:I'd take Brady, Brees, Wilson, Mahomes and Newton (although he's out injured) any of these over Rodgers any day. I never said Rodgers wasn't a top 10 qb, you are just so in love with Rodgers that you did not read my post correctly and just putting words in my mouth lol....re-read it and you will see I no longer consider him top 5/elite due to his playoff record and regression since 2016.

I asked you to define what your idea of elite is.

Mahomes is clearly the top dog right now. Wilson is on a great run. I think Rodgers is as good as anyone else, maybe Watson being an exclusion.

Newton.. yeah, okay. Speaking of past their prime former MVPs who haven't been to the Super Bowl recently..

ultimatum77 wrote:I'm not on that Rodgers hype train that's been rolling ever since he won 1 superbowl....where everybody just says oh my gosh Aaron Rodgers.....and yet he only has 1 superbowl.....until he wins another one he's just overrated by the media/fans. Plenty of NFL analysts agree that he is overrated at this point in his career. Still a good qb, but living on fan legacy at this point in terms of rating.

Your knock on him and the 1 Super Bowl, which is really a knock on the Packers.

No QB in this League would have won a Super Bowl with the 2011-2018 Packers. Not a single one.

Rodgers is not living off his past rep.

Rodgers 2019 rating - 103.7
Rodgers career rating - 103.2 (highest of all-time)

Sponsor

Sponsor

sarcasticface
Hall of Fame

Postby sarcasticface » Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:10 pm

NickyJ wrote:
sarcasticface wrote:Your IQ has to be quite low

Careful with your edginess. Get it too sharp and you'll cut yourself.

Yeah I know I know.

ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Postby ultimatum77 » Thu Oct 24, 2019 3:38 am

sarcasticface wrote:
ultimatum77 wrote:I'd take Brady, Brees, Wilson, Mahomes and Newton (although he's out injured) any of these over Rodgers any day. I never said Rodgers wasn't a top 10 qb, you are just so in love with Rodgers that you did not read my post correctly and just putting words in my mouth lol....re-read it and you will see I no longer consider him top 5/elite due to his playoff record and regression since 2016. I'm not on that Rodgers hype train that's been rolling ever since he won 1 superbowl....where everybody just says oh my gosh Aaron Rodgers.....and yet he only has 1 superbowl.....until he wins another one he's just overrated by the media/fans. Plenty of NFL analysts agree that he is overrated at this point in his career. Still a good qb, but living on fan legacy at this point in terms of rating.

Your IQ has to be quite low if you’d take Newton over Rodgers. (Going by the lamest stat ever, QB wins) Newton hasn’t won a game since November 4th of last year. Also he hasn’t won a super bowl at all. QB wins are flawed!!!!!!!!

We can have a civil discourse without stooping to the level of personal shots about IQ or what not lol (It's not like we are related to these players or part of their family afterall and we all have the right to our own opinions whether we agree or not.) Im talking about qbs who are still able to will their team to victories despite inadequacies on their respective teams. I will just agree to disagree and my opinion is Rodgers no longer can mask his teams deficiencies like the previous qbs I listed. Even if he blasted the Raiders, I dont see him sustaining that like pre-2016 Rodgers could throughout the season.
For help running madden please consult my guide and posts from fellow users here....thanks! (link below) viewtopic.php?f=22&t=17907
I'm not on site much, so if I don't respond it's b/c I haven't checked in a while.

AaronS
Hall of Fame

Postby AaronS » Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:24 am

It sure seems like your rules aren't the same for these QBs.

Brady has NEVER, EVER, compensated for the "inadequacies of [his team]". He's had a top D almost his entire career. The team carried HIM early on in their run.

Not much different with Brees. Bottom D for awhile, as we all know, THE absolute bottom of the barrel. Did he win with those teams? So how is he any different than Manning and Rodgers? Top offense, couldn't win due to the average or downright bad defense.

I'll stop going rounds with you on this beacuse we're just going in circles. But I think its pretty clear you're as biased as I am in this argument.

Danchat
Hall of Fame

Postby Danchat » Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:20 pm

AaronS wrote:It sure seems like your rules aren't the same for these QBs.

Brady has NEVER, EVER, compensated for the "inadequacies of [his team]". He's had a top D almost his entire career. The team carried HIM early on in their run.

Not much different with Brees. Bottom D for awhile, as we all know, THE absolute bottom of the barrel. Did he win with those teams? So how is he any different than Manning and Rodgers? Top offense, couldn't win due to the average or downright bad defense.

I'll stop going rounds with you on this beacuse we're just going in circles. But I think its pretty clear you're as biased as I am in this argument.

You're right about the defensive play, Tom's regular season record is so great because Belichick's always fielding a competent defense.

That being said, Brady is the GOAT in the playoffs and I think he deserves that title. He's the most clutch QB I've ever seen in the playoffs and no matter the talent around him on offense, he always gets it done.
Franchise Journal - Atticus Jenkins: Head Coach of the San Francisco 49ers
http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2387&start=400

AaronS
Hall of Fame

Postby AaronS » Fri Oct 25, 2019 10:44 am

Danchat wrote:You're right about the defensive play, Tom's regular season record is so great because Belichick's always fielding a competent defense.

That being said, Brady is the GOAT in the playoffs and I think he deserves that title. He's the most clutch QB I've ever seen in the playoffs and no matter the talent around him on offense, he always gets it done.

I think Belichick could have done what Gibbs did; win multiple SBs with multiple QBs. But, thats speculation, obviously.

Brady is a clutch QB, I'm not about to take that away from him. But he's had the deck stacked in his favor in a way that most QBs can't even dream of.

As it relates to this conversation, its absurd to compare the two.

Rodgers has had an ignoramus coach that got out classed every post-season, and a D that couldn't stop a group of angry girl scouts at times. And through all that, Rodgers is the highest rated passer all-time, and nearly the highest rated active post-season passer. What more could he have done?

Rodgers has had a few bad playoff games, every QB has.. but in 12 out of 16 games, he's had a rating of 90 or higher. 5 games over 120.... Tom Brady has played in 40 (FORTY!) post-season games, and only has 4 games over 120.

AaronS
Hall of Fame

Postby AaronS » Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:19 pm

Abundantly clear now Aaron Rodgers is not going to win a 2nd Super Bowl.

So if you hate him, pile on.

ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Postby ultimatum77 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:51 pm

AaronS wrote:Abundantly clear now Aaron Rodgers is not going to win a 2nd Super Bowl.

Lol, as much as I dislike him. He had a great season with a new coach. That's not easy to do so give him and the Pack props for that. The Packers defense was atrocious in stopping the run and unlike the Chiefs stopping Henry, they weren't able to stop the running game and Play Action of the 49ers. Rodgers for some reason always plays bad in championship games. You have to wonder if he gets a bit dazed/nervous playing in them. He's a good quarterback no doubt but his lack of post-season success in key games really casts a shadow on his career as a whole. However, I think that whole packers defense needs to be retooled and the offense will be better after the young guys get another training camp with Rodgers to increase the comfort level of the offense.

As a Titans fan who's team also lost on Sunday, I don't rub salt in wounds. Even if I have a different opinion about a team or player. So respect to the packers and rodgers for a great season still overall.
For help running madden please consult my guide and posts from fellow users here....thanks! (link below) viewtopic.php?f=22&t=17907
I'm not on site much, so if I don't respond it's b/c I haven't checked in a while.

jose21crisis
Hall of Fame

Postby jose21crisis » Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:04 pm

AaronS wrote:Abundantly clear now Aaron Rodgers is not going to win a 2nd Super Bowl.

Well, everything bad that could be said is that he is not peak Rodgers (2009-2013 I think it was) anymore, and that the Packers never seem built to make comebacks, only to stop them.
Semper fi
If you fail to plan, you plan to fail. Always have a plan. And a backup plan. And backups to the backup.
And be able to improvise.

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:37 pm

The hate turned to respect for what Rodgers and the G.B packers accomplished this season! New everything except Aaron and finished 13-3, plus an NFC Championship appearance was simply glorious, awesome and phenomenal! Aaron is not the player of old, but he's still got juice left! Niner's run game and defense proved too much for them this season! Buzz-saw is the word! LeFlour did a great job his first season!

Without Aaron leading them, they would not have had such an outstanding season! Hat's off to Aaron Rodger! And I think Romo should not waste his knowledge in the broadcast booth. IMO he should be coaching in the NFL!

Return to “NFL Football”