Aaron Rodgers turning into Tony Romo

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Postby elguapo » Fri Sep 27, 2019 1:21 am

Rodgers last two drives down in scoring position decides to throw the ball instead of running it. One drive dead on downs and the other on an interception. When you're down at the goal line, run the ball.

Sponsor

Sponsor

RevanFan
Legend

Re: Aaron Rodgers turning into Tony Romo

Postby RevanFan » Fri Sep 27, 2019 2:46 am

elguapo wrote:Rodgers last two drives down in scoring position decides to throw the ball instead of running it. One drive dead on downs and the other on an interception. When you're down at the goal line, run the ball.

That's not Tony Romo. That's Russell Wilson. Or, more accurately, Darrell Bevell.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Postby ultimatum77 » Fri Sep 27, 2019 4:00 am

Aaron Rodgers and the Packers are overrated. Whenever it is crunch time they always choke......I know people will disagree because he has 1 superbowl ring but his recent production in the past couple of seasons is really declining compared to other qbs near his age.
For help running madden please consult my guide and posts from fellow users here....thanks! (link below) viewtopic.php?f=22&t=17907
I'm not on site much, so if I don't respond it's b/c I haven't checked in a while.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Fri Sep 27, 2019 6:09 am

ultimatum77 wrote:Whenever it is crunch time they always choke.....

Unless they're playing Dallas. In which case, Rodgers finds some magic miracle dust and throws it all the way down the field in 50 seconds or less.
My Cowboys Journal

ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Postby ultimatum77 » Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:16 am

RevanFan wrote:

Unless they're playing Dallas. In which case, Rodgers finds some magic miracle dust and throws it all the way down the field in 50 seconds or less.

Lol, yea I highly doubt he will reach a 2nd superbowl. I think he's reached his peak and is in decline.
For help running madden please consult my guide and posts from fellow users here....thanks! (link below) viewtopic.php?f=22&t=17907
I'm not on site much, so if I don't respond it's b/c I haven't checked in a while.

jose21crisis
Hall of Fame

Postby jose21crisis » Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:41 am

ultimatum77 wrote:
RevanFan wrote:

Lol, yea I highly doubt he will reach a 2nd superbowl. I think he's reached his peak and is in decline.

Surprise fact of the day: since always, Rodgers has been terrible at 4th Quarter Comebacks. He's never been good at comebacks, or playing from behind for that matter. Honestly, it'd prefer Romo, or even Matt Stafford, over Rodgers in a 4QC scenario.
Semper fi
If you fail to plan, you plan to fail. Always have a plan. And a backup plan. And backups to the backup.
And be able to improvise.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Fri Sep 27, 2019 1:43 pm

jose21crisis wrote:
ultimatum77 wrote:
RevanFan wrote:Unless they're playing Dallas. In which case, Rodgers finds some magic miracle dust and throws it all the way down the field in 50 seconds or less.

Surprise fact of the day: since always, Rodgers has been terrible at 4th Quarter Comebacks. He's never been good at comebacks, or playing from behind for that matter. Honestly, it'd prefer Romo, or even Matt Stafford, over Rodgers in a 4QC scenario.

Matthew Stafford might be a LITTLE much, haha.
My Cowboys Journal

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Fri Sep 27, 2019 2:07 pm

Tony fumbles only wishes he was Aaron Rogers. I thought Mat Laflore's play calling was sketchy. They have limited options on offense. So Roger's needed to make more plays. He did early, but not enough late in the game! Packers are not an explosive team as the once were! They were down to relying on Jimmy ole'man Graham! Tony is better served talking the game instead of playing it! Tony was given the keys to Texas and never achieved or amounted to anything close to what Aaron Rogers has done for the Packers organization! Danny White comes to mind in reference to Tony Blunders! Heir apparent failure!

Rogers was an elite QB, something you better hold your tongue on when speaking of Romo! Tony was top tier mediocre!

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Fri Sep 27, 2019 2:15 pm

MikeWest502 wrote:Tony fumbles only wishes he was Aaron Rogers. I thought Mat Laflore's play calling was sketchy. They have limited options on offense. So Roger's needed to make more plays. He did early, but not enough late in the game! Packers are not an explosive team as the once were! They were down to relying on Jimmy ole'man Graham! Tony is better served talking the game instead of playing it! Tony was given the keys to Texas and never achieved or amounted to anything close to what Aaron Rogers has done for the Packers organization! Danny White comes to mind in reference to Tony Blunders! Heir apparent failure!

Rogers was an elite QB, something you better hold your tongue on when speaking of Romo! Tony was top tier mediocre!

Romo was elite. I do think Rodgers is better overall, but people really need to give Romo more credit. He had a ton of yards and touchdowns, an extremely high career passer rating, holds many franchise--and a few NFL--records, and most importantly, he has a TON of 4th-quarter comebacks.

Danny White was decent too, but Romo was FAR better than Danny White. And I like Danny White haha. And who was Romo the heir apparent to? Drew Bledsoe? Quincy Carter? Vinny Testaverde? Don't think so. They were a LONG way off from Aikman when Romo became the starter.

Romo, in my opinion, is possibly one of the top two to four best quarterbacks to never win a Super Bowl. Marino obviously takes the top spot, but Romo had a fantastic career sadly cut a bit short by injuries. I defended him his whole career and I will do so until the day when people all realize how good he really was.
My Cowboys Journal

jose21crisis
Hall of Fame

Postby jose21crisis » Fri Sep 27, 2019 6:47 pm

RevanFan wrote:Romo was elite. I do think Rodgers is better overall, but people really need to give Romo more credit. He had a ton of yards and touchdowns, an extremely high career passer rating, holds many franchise--and a few NFL--records, and most importantly, he has a TON of 4th-quarter comebacks.

Danny White was decent too, but Romo was FAR better than Danny White. And I like Danny White haha. And who was Romo the heir apparent to? Drew Bledsoe? Quincy Carter? Vinny Testaverde? Don't think so. They were a LONG way off from Aikman when Romo became the starter.

Romo, in my opinion, is possibly one of the top two to four best quarterbacks to never win a Super Bowl. Marino obviously takes the top spot, but Romo had a fantastic career sadly cut a bit short by injuries. I defended him his whole career and I will do so until the day when people all realize how good he really was.

For a UDFA, Romo was great. The fact he became even añ above average QB as a UDFA is awesome as is. Honestly, I'd say he was HOF great, but the lack of rings won't help him (I would put him in over Eli, but that's a discussion for another day). And dude did have a lot of 4QCs and Game Winning Drives. I would tell you how many times he won vs. how many times he lost ... If I could get PFR to tell me. But Romo has more 4QCs and GWDs than Rodgers (24 vs. 17). Heck, Stafford and Matt Ryan (another possible HOFer that might not get a ring) have more 4QCs than AR, which is why I said I'd rather have Matt in a comeback scenario.
Semper fi
If you fail to plan, you plan to fail. Always have a plan. And a backup plan. And backups to the backup.
And be able to improvise.

Return to “NFL Football”