Aaron Rodgers turning into Tony Romo

ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Re: Aaron Rodgers turning into Tony Romo

Postby ultimatum77 » Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:21 pm

As much as I disliked the Cowboys as a Giants fan, Romo has my respect. He was a very good player/starter for a very long period of time. He always had the cowboys in the mix even with bad/down years as at least a wild card spot in the playoffs. I think he never gets enough credit for how good he was and for sometimes carrying the cowboys team with late game winning drives. Rodgers is living off of his success a decade ago winning a superbowl title. He hasn't done anything very remarkable since then except lose the 2014 NFC Championship game, a game that can be blamed on Bostick / poor play calling from McCarthy but ultimately clutch players deliver despite their team's ineptitude/mistakes.....Rodgers = not clutch. For all the annual praise he receives about his arm/stats....he's not done anything special in years....I know Packers fans will be up in arms about this but it's the truth.
For help running madden please consult my guide and posts from fellow users here....thanks! (link below) viewtopic.php?f=22&t=17907
I'm not on site much, so if I don't respond it's b/c I haven't checked in a while.

Sponsor

Sponsor

AaronS
Hall of Fame

Postby AaronS » Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:46 pm

The Rodgers hate is comical. The goons calling him a game manager now are the same guys that can't get Bradys stick out of their mouth for winning in the same ugly fashion.

Living off 2010?? Surviving off his number from a decade ago?

So.. I'll toss out 2011, just for the sake of this argument, even though it was the best season any QB has EVER had..

Here are Rodgers numbers per 16 game, 2012-present;

4259 yards, 64.4 comp%, 34 tds, 7 tds, 102 QB rating

And since Brady is considered by his b@ll washers to be the best QB of all-time, here are his numbers over the same span;

4530 yards, 64.4 comp%, 32 tds, 8 ints, 99.1 QB rating

Yeah.. Rodgers couldn't sustain what he did in 2011. No QB in history could either. the difference here is Brady plays for the best organization in pro sports, and Rodgers doesn't. Period.

He's laughing presently, sitting at 5-1, with a defense for the first time since 2010.

BTW.... the ONLY time he had a top 5 D, he won the Super Bowl........

ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Postby ultimatum77 » Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:35 pm

Aaron Rodgers is overrated pure and simple. For all the annual praise he gets you'd think he'd of won more than one superbowl. Dude chokes in playoff games, who cares about his stats/yards. When the games matter he folds like a cheap suit.
For help running madden please consult my guide and posts from fellow users here....thanks! (link below) viewtopic.php?f=22&t=17907
I'm not on site much, so if I don't respond it's b/c I haven't checked in a while.

sarcasticface
Hall of Fame

Postby sarcasticface » Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:55 pm

ultimatum77 wrote:Aaron Rodgers is overrated pure and simple. For all the annual praise he gets you'd think he'd of won more than one superbowl. Dude chokes in playoff games, who cares about his stats/yards. When the games matter he folds like a cheap suit.

Lol who cares about wins and shit like that? Football is a team sports and the QB is physically 4.5% of his team. Not only 4.5% of a team can win a super bowl. Basketball’s different. In B-ball you’re 20% of your team. Also remember, the winning game argument means that Trent Dilfer > Dan Marino. Because Dilfer won a super bowl and Marino didn’t right?

ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Postby ultimatum77 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 4:24 am

sarcasticface wrote:
ultimatum77 wrote:Aaron Rodgers is overrated pure and simple. For all the annual praise he gets you'd think he'd of won more than one superbowl. Dude chokes in playoff games, who cares about his stats/yards. When the games matter he folds like a cheap suit.

Lol who cares about wins and shit like that? Football is a team sports and the QB is physically 4.5% of his team. Not only 4.5% of a team can win a super bowl. Basketball’s different. In B-ball you’re 20% of your team. Also remember, the winning game argument means that Trent Dilfer > Dan Marino. Because Dilfer won a super bowl and Marino didn’t right?

Aaron Rodgers is not Dan Marino. Even though Dan Marino did not win a superbowl he was able to elevate the play of his team. Rodgers is just lauded all the time for every touchdown, stats, and qb rating especially by commentators it is sickening when he hasn't done anything since that 2010 season.......he is the new Peyton Manning of the 2010's. A lot of gaudy regular season stats but a playoff record that just plain sucks. Excuse making for him because "he's aaron rodgers" is lame....if he's so great he should be able to carry his team with offensive production every game even if his team's defense sucks. At least with Peyton Manning he would literally carry the team via offensive production even though the later years of his career the defense carried him to SB50 but he was good for a long time. A lot better than Rodgers even despite having similar playoff records in their primes. Rodgers can't carry his team anymore....he's a bit better than mediocre at this point.....not a superstar anymore....

By offensive production I mean put up 4+ td's every week like Peyton usually did in his prime every game almost every season....Rodgers can't do that anymore....he's just collecting a fat check for a few more years but no superbowl for the packers lol.....

ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Postby ultimatum77 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 4:29 am

sarcasticface
Hall of Fame

Postby sarcasticface » Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:35 am

ultimatum77 wrote:
sarcasticface wrote:

Aaron Rodgers is not Dan Marino. Even though Dan Marino did not win a superbowl he was able to elevate the play of his team. Rodgers is just lauded all the time for every touchdown, stats, and qb rating especially by commentators it is sickening when he hasn't done anything since that 2010 season.......he is the new Peyton Manning of the 2010's. A lot of gaudy regular season stats but a playoff record that just plain sucks. Excuse making for him because "he's aaron rodgers" is lame....if he's so great he should be able to carry his team with offensive production every game even if his team's defense sucks. At least with Peyton Manning he would literally carry the team via offensive production even though the later years of his career the defense carried him to SB50 but he was good for a long time. A lot better than Rodgers even despite having similar playoff records in their primes. Rodgers can't carry his team anymore....he's a bit better than mediocre at this point.....not a superstar anymore....

By offensive production I mean put up 4+ td's every week like Peyton usually did in his prime every game almost every season....Rodgers can't do that anymore....he's just collecting a fat check for a few more years but no superbowl for the packers lol.....

Hasn’t done anything? He literally won MVP in 2014. I’m gonna stand by my argument and say, “who gives a shit about wins and stuff?”. Good hell. Winning a Super Bowl physically and mentally doesn’t make you any better at QB. Freaking, a GOAT could play for the worst team in history and still be a GOAT.

ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Postby ultimatum77 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:34 am

2014 was 5 seasons ago....lol.....ever since then....(crickets)...... :lol:

sarcasticface
Hall of Fame

Postby sarcasticface » Wed Oct 16, 2019 2:20 pm

ultimatum77 wrote:2014 was 5 seasons ago....lol.....ever since then....(crickets)...... :lol:

Wrong again.
2018: Only threw 2 INTs (led NFL)
2017: Injured
2016: Packers went to NFCC
2015 was actually his worse year by passer rating lol.

AaronS
Hall of Fame

Postby AaronS » Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:31 pm

At the end of the day, that's really all you've got; He only has 1 Super Bowl.

A team stat being applied to an individual player. SMDH

Sorry I fed the trolls.

I look forward to seeing you in January.

Return to “NFL Football”